Hacking My WBFS Gui (Windows)

B

BryceOne

How do we use the "Make HBC Files" option? It's only making a META file. What BOOT.DOL file is needed for these to work?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I must say, it works pretty well. I'm getting a bit of lag from it (which I never got in Max's GUI) but on the other hand, this GUI doesn't open up DOS Prompt for each function.

This may be the wrong place to say, but I encountered a strange problem when it came to formatting the USB Drive I've got. I tried creating a 100GB partition, but when it formatted, it only made 32 blocks to work with. Naturally, that's not quite 100GB. Bouncing around formats and I eventually got it all working by formatting to NTFS (the entire 500GB) then formatting to WBFS. After that, everything works great.
EDIT: Well it seems that using NTFS for the 100GB partition works when formatting to WBFS, so I'll use that now. Afterwards I'll put the remaining 400GB back to FAT32. I just wish it didn't take so long to copy 10 games onto it (although I've got many more I want to put on it if it works).

Trying out SSBB (DVD9) atm, but it seems to work. Next I'll try out a few problem games like SSX. I'll also reformat it again to see if I can figure out a way to get a small partition to work (as 500GB is more than I'll ever need). Once I'm done with that battery of tests, I'll try the renaming tests (since most games work). Other than that, I don't know what's left.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah what "HBC Make" does...??
huh.gif

NeoNight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majinchuck1 said:
Will Try this one as i have tried every other one. The wii reads my HD partitions it, reads the games off of it, but these programs wont recognize my drive for some freakin reason!!!
if your using vista disable UAC when your using the program!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Endless Ocean works when the backup didn't. Useful.
Super Mario Galaxy didn't lag during the cinematics.
SSX Blur Wii still gives me a black screen.

Renaming Tests:
Endless Ocean works
Super Mario Galaxy works
Trauma Center Second Opinion works

That's all I care to test at nearly 1am. At least the useful thing is that this probably applies to all GUIs. Now if only the dol forwarding channel I used to use didn't give me a code dump every time I try it... it seems upgrading to 4.0 killed it...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nah the original forwarder channel use to work, and now it doesn't want to work (now code dumps) but no biggie, and what do you change the name to..???
huh.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
ENDLESS OCEAN -> Endless Oceans
SUPER MARIO GALAXY -> Mario Galaxy
Caduceus Z -> Trauma Center Second Opinion.

I didn't try more exaggerated names because who would? Sensible names make sense (although for Mario Galaxy, I was just testing if it cared if the title missed out the super).

I'm dumping the rest of my games now so I'll test them individually.

TriumphRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I tried this one but there are some strange things.

I use Windos seven beta.

When there is a huge list of iso's on Windows not all are displayed in the listbox
A nice icon in the windows (not the standard Visual Basic Icon) would be nice
Selecting Multiple files and then add all to WBFS partition would be nice
Drag and drop from Windows Explorer would be nice

Regards

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for a great app, the only GUI I found that actually worked!

A few observations:
1) The wbfs drive must be plugged in when it starts otherwise you can't select it. It would be nice if the refresh button refreshed the list of available drives too
2) The warning is a good idea, but I would like a checkbox to turn the rename warning off.
3) It must be installed in a directory with no spaces in the path. It would be nice to be able to install it to "program files"
4) Someone already mentioned this, but it would be nice to be able to select multiple iso from the hard drive and be able to copy them across to the wbfs as a batch.
5) I had SSBB USA iso on my computer and this is reporting that it is 2.93GB, it reported it fine as 7100M on the wbfs (right hand side) though.

None of these are critical, so thank you for you time! Excellent!

TriumphRider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the only WBFS tool that works for me. The other ones doesn't copy some iso's to the harddisk. This one does. Very nice tool.
Hope there will be soon a new version. If Maschell search a beta tester. I want to do it!

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd be happy too , but I do not speak German ! ... I'll MSG you here

I dont do MSN (I spend enough of my time, wasting time already
smile.gif
)

drapes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry to sound like a complete noob but when i run this all i get is a cmd flash screen then nothing? also has anyone managed to extract a game from a flash drive back to pc? mine seem to get about 90% along then stop?

Cheers

Drapes

cyclemat

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
drapes said:
sorry to sound like a complete noob but when i run this all i get is a cmd flash screen then nothing? also has anyone managed to extract a game from a flash drive back to pc? mine seem to get about 90% along then stop?

Cheers

Drapes

yes thats normal the WBFS tool need time to fill the iso with waste to come up to 4,3 GB look at you HDD LED the tool works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk