Hacking My Sky3DS won't even turn the light on. Please help!

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greetings.

My apologies if this doesn't belong in this area or what not but it seemed like the right place to post, also searched for a similar issue and didn't find it.

I did jus tget my Sky3DS and went to buy a microSD card, got the diskwriter going, got games onto the micro, then plugged it into the 3DS and...nothing.
So I tried a multitude of stuff people said could help on other posts and nothing worked, and what I notice is, the light never ever comes on. Not without a card, not with a card, it just doesn't. I need to know if the Sky3DS I got is faulty or if it could be something else that I can actually fix, this was a hefty purchase, would suck to have to buy a new one.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh really? That's not good then because, what are my options here? I'm using a Monster Hunter New 3DS. Do I have to sell this one and buy a new one or something? Because that would suck.

I guess buying a new Sky3DS won't do anything for me either then?

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havn't, but I thought since the light doesn't even come on at any point, that it's a problem somewhere else? Because the program seems to be doing its job, no erros writting to the card or anything. Not sure, maybe I should try it out.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backup game and backup savedata.

Start fresh and try using Diskwriter 1.06 and write two games to mSD.

If it works, start over again only this time use 2.02b1.

Avoid 2.00b8 at all costs.

Look for my post about not using Diskwriter 2.00b8 if you need formatting instructions.

Do yourself a favor... take the mSD out of Sky3DS and put it into your N3DSXL. See if it blinks.

If it's not blinking, press the Blue Button (without any mSD in Sky3DS). See if it starts to blink. Pop it in/out a couple times. See if it brings it back to life.

If it starts to blink without any mSD inside, the Sky3DS is good. It's your mSD that needs help. Specifically formatting it properly.

Follow my formatting instructions in my other thread.

frighs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Greetings.

My apologies if this doesn't belong in this area or what not but it seemed like the right place to post, also searched for a similar issue and didn't find it.

I did jus tget my Sky3DS and went to buy a microSD card, got the diskwriter going, got games onto the micro, then plugged it into the 3DS and...nothing.
So I tried a multitude of stuff people said could help on other posts and nothing worked, and what I notice is, the light never ever comes on. Not without a card, not with a card, it just doesn't. I need to know if the Sky3DS I got is faulty or if it could be something else that I can actually fix, this was a hefty purchase, would suck to have to buy a new one.

All help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Try to put the sky in console with the blue button pressed. then, remove and reinsert (without pressing button now) 3 times and see if it works.
Good luck!

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, thank you so much to everyone for helping me out, I was so excited getting my Sky3DS and this has just been a gutting experience for me. So thanks for the help.

So I decided to make a video showing the problem because it makes more sense I feel, also some more info, I bought my mSD at the store, original Kingston so it should be fine, also the Sky3DS was bought from a reseller listed on the official Sky3DS site. Also emailed the SKy3DS site and they said that it definitely works on ANY 3DS. So they don't believe the theory some people posted here that some 3DS don't work with it or whatever.

Again thank you for the attention!

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
1. Try without mSD in Sky3ds and insert it to the n3ds.
2. Check your flashcard in another console, with and without mSD in Sky3ds.

If the blue light never blin than it's probably faulty flashcard.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i already tried without the microSD in it and the light never blinked like I said, and I have no other console available to try it on really.

Also on the official Sky3Ds site they state that it works on ANY 3DS console, and even after I emailed them they responded with it definitely absolutely works with ANY 3DS console. So yeah.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Keep in mind that the LED light on the cartridge is very easy to damage. I broke the LED on one of my Sky cards when opening it and the cartridge itself still works dandy. That being said, if you've tried several mSD and several systems and the cartridge still refuses to work despite repeated insertions, it's probably broken and you should RMA it.

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried first with a Kingston Class 10 16 GB mSD, but then people said it should be a class 4 so I got a class 4 Kingston 8 GB mSD and it still didn't work. Those are the two I tried. Can't try on different systems because no friends with a 3DS to be honest.

dopefist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure that you are using roms from your region. JPN and EUR roms won't work on you NA console. Also make sure your roms are good. Try other roms if you are not sure.

I had some trouble using the sky3ds on my JPN console, once I figured out that sky3ds does not bypass region lock I started to make some progress.

Here is what worked for me after writing the roms to the SD:

Turn on you 3DS
insert the sky3ds while holding the blue button
remove the sky 3ds, plug it back in again
if the light does not flash, repeat
if the light DOES flash, wait for it to stop, then repeat
keep doing this until the game pops up waiting for the light to stop flashing each time before removing and reinserting the card

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
2 options for you :
- MicroSD issue so change the MicroSD card (most likely)
- Contact issue with cartdridge Slot-1 so insert/eject the Sky3DS several times utill the LED lights

Zaroc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I just made sure I was writing a EU rom onto the microSD and it still didn't work. What I don't understand is why would it be the microSD or rom that's the issue when the Sky3DS's light isn't even coming up? Not once ever since I got it. I doubt the light broke unless it was already broken when it went into the plastic package. Which is weird. So I'm again out of ideas unless I want to buy a new microSD card to MAYBE for some reason get it to work. Which again, doesn't make sense when the official Sky3DS team emails me saying it works with ANY 3DS and ANY microSD card. So I don't know!

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RMA

Bad Sky3DS cart.

Thanks for the vid BTW.

So here are my guesses:
  1. Sky3DS is bad. RMA and should work. There seems to be a bad batch floating around out there. Really a hit or miss situation. Most likely a hat button problem since most either have an auto-cuycling problem or no activity at all.
  2. Limited Editions are finicky. Not only do they come with newer firmware (9.4) but Nintendo did something to them which either was bad, or they tried to block flashcarts on them.
  3. Try a newer firmware? 9.5.0-23x is beyond pokeinjection, so might as well 9.7 your system. Unless you're running GW or NinjaHax (whoch I doubt on a LE system).
The clicking of the button is normal. No, they do't press very far. They're hat style buttons. The same kind we use to mod XB360 controllers... They're prolly 90 degree hats and my guess is somoene out there had problems soldering them to PCB. Big fingers. What can I say?

The fact that there's NO BLINKING OF LED whatsoever says to me it's a bad cart. It won't load games, it won't blink, and I doubt the contacts are the problem since it's a new system.

So basically, without mSD inside Sky3DS (no blue button pressing) and insert, and you get no blinking lights = BAD Sky3DS.

Contact your seller and see if they will exchange it.

D

Deleted-19228

1. Possibly
2. Wut? I've ran my personal Sky3DS on plenty of LE systems including my own MM that shipped with 9.4, no clue what you are talking about
3. There is no RAM QR injection (what Pokemon and other games use) on N3DS anyway
4. I have had issues loading my Sky3DS on an o3DS but that was remedied by using a couple piece of kapton tape on the front of the cart at the bottom to push the contacts closer to the system

Reactions: Osmosis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)