Hacking My prediction on how homebrew will finally come about on the WiiU mode

Which will come first as publicly available: Piracy, or Homebrew?

• Total voters

Kargaroc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, proof of what f0f said can be seen in the Wii scene; piracy was there almost from release, but it took over a year for homebrew to appear. The drivechips just fooled the DVD drive into reading pirated games, and the software security didn't help because the pirated games were correctly signed. Homebrew however had to get past the security. It's asymmetric so there's two keys, one of which can decrypt, and the other can encrypt things. Only Nintendo has the signing keys (good luck getting them without doing insane stuff!).
So they had to break the security by finding bugs in the software. Luckily with the Wii, there was more bugs than a bait shop.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Newsflash, you can't have one without the other happening, irrespective of the order it happens. Always has, always will be that way. No going around it.

You know there where drivechips on the Wii first that could only run 1:1 dumps and no homebrew?
Same for the 360s flashed drives.

It´s wrong that piracy automatically leads to homebrew.
The other way around is a different thing though.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
unlock a console today.. is completly useless, u can buy for 40$ one android HDMI Dongle and connect it to tv (and u can have lot of emulator).
With 80$ u can make a pc with hdmi out for homebrew and XBMC....
Obviusly a modded console is very nice, use it is good and i like manage with homebrew,emulator, loader and i love use 100% of my hw...
f0f is old guy... not search glory or some like that.... for wiiU scene we need NEW young guy with the same HYPE and insanity like teamTWIIZER 5 years ago...

Dinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't care less about homebrew. I gave up on decent console homebrew after XBMC was never ported to the 360 and built an HTPC/gaming rig. I would like to see piracy basically because I am used to it. Besides WiiKey promised a device > 10 months ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...