Hacking My Health and Safety app vanished after rxtools

light001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xdarkmario Both, first on sysnand after a system restore and then it went to my new emunand created based on my sysnand (the time I created the emunand I didnt noticed the app was missing on sysnand also I dont have a nand backup with the H&S app because I backuped it right before creating the new emunand and deleted the old backup I had)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Baccabechoppin I did just that but after the update whenever I tried to enter in emunand I got a black screen so I decided to do it all again from the start

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xdarkmario Both, first on sysnand after a system restore and then it went to my new emunand created based on my sysnand (the time I created the emunand I didnt noticed the app was missing on sysnand also I dont have a nand backup with the H&S app because I backuped it right before creating the new emunand and deleted the old backup I had)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Baccabechoppin I did just that but after the update whenever I tried to enter in emunand I got a black screen so I decided to do it all again from the start
mmmh no clean nand backup, thats a bad spot to be in...
you might have to downgrade your system back to 4.5 if your a O3ds user

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xdarkmario Will downgrade the system restore the H&S app for sure? I am a O3ds user.
yea, a downgrade will reinstall your entire 3ds system to a factory 4.5 image. that means it wall also ERASE ALL SYSNAND DATA.
if you can launch the gateway menu on your 6.2 version then your good to go. (No need to have a gateway card to launch the gateway menu)

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@xdarkmario Thanks for everything. I will still wait a little if some other solution appears but at least that option is a good as a last resort, thanks. =)
I suggest waiting for @samiam144 to reply, he's the one who created the tutorial and the guy who helped me out when I was having issues with rxTools, if someone can help you it'll most likely be him.

hunter010709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea, a downgrade will reinstall your entire 3ds system to a factory 4.5 image. that means it wall also ERASE ALL SYSNAND DATA.
if you can launch the gateway menu on your 6.2 version then your good to go. (No need to have a gateway card to launch the gateway menu)

No it does not, it installs some 4.5 files that are needed. Not a full 4.5 system.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you try to boot into rxmode sysnand ? When you inject fbi into your sysnand, it can dissapear from your vanilla sysnand, but it reapper when you use the rxmode.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had the issue of H&S vanishing when I first installed rxT and injected FBI. I fixed it by restoring my nand back-up, but it looks like that's not an option here.

I've attached a copy of my (EUR) h&s back-ups, in case they're of use.

Attachments

• h&s_backup.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 306
Reactions: light001

light001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@samiam144 When I tried to restore it using your backup It gives me an "error opening 0:rxtools/h&s_backup/..." both in emunand and sysnand the first time I tried. The thing is that for some reason the .TMD file in my backup is named 00000002.TMD and yours 00000000.TMD so I retried the process with your file but renamed it in the format of mine, this time the restore went ok both on sysnand and emunand! Now I can access the H&S app again. Thank you so much! I will now make a brand new nand backup for safers and try the FBI injection again following your tutorial. Thanks again =)

@VerseHell Just for Information because I solved my problem with the method above (Thanks for answering my topic and trying to help me): when I boot into sysnand in RXmode the Health&Safety app reappears, when I try to open it its the FBI installer but if I try to install the FBI.cia both in sysnand and emunand I get this error:
Install failed!
Could not install app
Raw error: 0xc8e083fc
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Already exists (0x3fc)

@Baccabechoppin Thanks so much for your comments, it really helped me =)

Reactions: samiam144

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
@samiam144 When I tried to restore it using your backup It gives me an "error opening 0:rxtools/h&s_backup/..." both in emunand and sysnand the first time I tried. The thing is that for some reason the .TMD file in my backup is named 00000002.TMD and yours 00000000.TMD so I retried the process with your file but renamed it in the format of mine, this time the restore went ok both on sysnand and emunand! Now I can access the H&S app again. Thank you so much! I will now make a brand new nand backup for safers and try the FBI injection again following your tutorial. Thanks again =)

@VerseHell Just for Information because I solved my problem with the method above (Thanks for answering my topic and trying to help me): when I boot into sysnand in RXmode the Health&Safety app reappears, when I try to open it its the FBI installer but if I try to install the FBI.cia both in sysnand and emunand I get this error:
Install failed!
Could not install app
Raw error: 0xc8e083fc
Module: AM (0x20)
Level: Status (0x19)
Summary: Invalid argument (0x7)
Description: Already exists (0x3fc)

@Baccabechoppin Thanks so much for your comments, it really helped me =)
It sounds like that's just normal behavior and you have FBI.cia already installed.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
You shouldn't be worried. After all, it's not like you'll ever use that app. I'm not sure what you were trying to do to that app, but it didn't work. So do not mess other system apps until you know what you're doing.

light001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jubash Here there are two backups. Are you sure they doesnt work for you? My 3DS is the same version of samiam144 so If his backup can't help you mine will be as useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Pi is basically just a fancy version