Hacking My G6 Lite is read by by my DS, but not PC's.

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a G6 Lite since it came out, and my DS Lite reads it fine. I can play all my games that I already have on there, and it updates saves without a problem, but every PC i try it on says "Please Insert Disk into Drive M". I've reinstalled the driver for the U-Disk several times, and even tried it on a Mac to no avail. I really, REALLY want to play Osu Tatekai Oendan 2, and I need to be able to import my Pokemon Pearl saves to my PC. I plan on buying a new one from Modmyds when they get more in stock (which wont be for another week or so according to their customer service).

The blue light comes on when I plug the G6 Lite into it (meaning if its in the PC without the card itself, no light, but as soon as I plug the card itself into it the light comes on) , so i doubt its the contacts. I really dont know what could be wrong with it, and It'd be nice if I could get it to work for just half a second so I could put Osu 2 on it....Any help at all would be nice

PhoneGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine had the same problem last November. I ended up sending it to G6 for repair. It took them about 2 months to ship it back. This is what I told them was wrong when they said to return it.

"The card still works in the NDS but I'm not able to access or update
it with the U disk burner. Windows assigns the burner a drive letter
and the blue led comes on. However windows prompts to either insert
the disk or asks to format the disk. Format fails because windows can
not access the disk. Windows disk management lists it as
unreadable."

Thoto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G6 told me to contact the guys I bought it from, which was winsunx. They dont even support the card anymore because "Its a slot 2 and no body wants that anymore". I told them that was BS, and that even if I had had a choice between slot 1 and 2 back when I ordered this thing, I STILL would have chosen slot 2 just because its easier to import saves to and from real DS games (i only play roms of imports, i buy all the US games) with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk