My first digital drawing

Red_Savarin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well i'm thinking of writing a review and pointing the site translators... it's on the psp and i played always till the batteries run out xD

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here he is, Makoto Naegi:
o3dy.png

A bit rough like all my drawings, but I think I did a good job. ^_^

Reactions: Ethevion

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks!! looks good specially the detail of the shadow just like in the game the characters just pop up :)

Yeah, the main thing about shadows(except making the drawing look better:P) is adding a 3D-ish feel to the drawing. That's why I really like to over-do shading. It adds a better overall 3D feel. Thanks for the request, Charizard and Cloud are up for tomorrow.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey ilman ..why don't you try using other program for drawing, besides Flash? ( I can recommend you some program, based on what you like on flash when drawing, for example)

And always watch some tutorials on youtube or blogs ..they help a tone if you practice them during/after watching..

Keep it up :)

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hey ilman ..why don't you try using other program for drawing, besides Flash? ( I can recommend you some program, based on what you like on flash when drawing, for example)

And always watch some tutorials on youtube or blogs ..they help a tone if you practice them during/after watching..

Keep it up :)

I'll try Manga Studio 5, which Ethevion recommended, for drawing Cloud tomorrow. I dunno, Flash seems just waaay simpler than most programs, which is kinda what I want. If you could recommend me a program and post some tutorials about it, that'd be great.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'll try Manga Studio 5, which Ethevion recommended, for drawing Cloud tomorrow. I dunno, Flash seems just waaay simpler than most programs, which is kinda what I want. If you could recommend me a program and post some tutorials about it, that'd be great.

The best thing about tutorials is that you search specifically to that thing that you want to know about, maybe some technic or just to see somebody drawing something on the program.. ...for that, search about it on youtube or google ..that may be good enough.

And Manga Studio is a awesome place to stay.. no need to recommend other soft for drawing actually..you'll be fine using it.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm back...sorry for the delay. Things happen like being too lazy and stuff like that. :P
Another thing that made my delay was Flash. After trying Manga Studio(which seemed too much like SAI), I wasn't very happy with the way I drew Cloud on it. So I tried drawing him in SAI to give it a second chance aaaand... it didn't turn out very OK. So I drew him in Flash aaaand it crashed constantly at the coloring part, which made me ragequit a bit xD. Today I tried doing him again in Flash and this is pretty much as good as I can draw him. Enchilada didn't joke around when he said that he's a complicated character. Enough backstory, here he is:
ct19.png

I'll try to do Charizard in SAI and I hope I can draw him by the end of tomorrow.
Thanks for the patience.

Enchilada

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I told you he's hard to draw. XD

You really did a great job drawing Cloud. I really like that Buster Sword.
The head didn't turn out very ok (except the hair which looks pretty good), and the arms are a little too thin. It's still one of your best drawings, and if you have the time you could fix it a little and make it even cooler.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Charizard is done. :D
uqxv.png

I drew him in Manga Studio 5. It might be a good program for cleaning up my drawings, but I definitely still prefer Flash for first doodles. It also does shading a tad worse and, since I can't copy my drawing in Manga Studio, I can't make an easy bottom shadow(but that would've been hard anyways seeing as there are 2 light sources in this picture). So from now on I'll be doing first sketches, coloring and shading in Flash and later fixing up empty pixels, adding elements(fire, lightning, etc.) and other cleaning in Manga Studio.
Also, I can't draw proper claws. :P
Sooo, enjoy.
Tomorrow I'll be cleaning up Cloud if there are no new requests by then.
Oh and just a thing, due to my limited access to the Internet(grandma doesn't have a computer, soo...I'm kinda in war with the poor range of the neighbour's Wifi :P), I won't be able to check this topic very often. I'll be checking whenever I can, but don't get mad if I answer very late.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Manga Studio 5 is decent for coloring, but I prefer Photoshop to color and shade. Also, what do you mean you can't copy your drawing in Manga Studio?
If you select something in Flash and Copy+Paste it, you can create a copy of the selected area which you can later transform into a shadow. In Manga Studio, Ctrl+C+V will make a copy of the first layer. That's what I meant.
Looks pretty sweet!

Could you perhaps draw me avatar? ;3
Will try. If you could give me a fuller picture, it'd make it easier on me.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cloud has been fixed...kinda:
qt2y.png

His arms are a bit bigger now, his right arm is more attached to his body now :P and I got rid of the black spots in his shadows. Also added eyebrows(can't believe I forgot them). But the problem is that Manga Studio butchered its resolution. You see, I forgot to save my Flash project thus I had to edit it with something else. And when I ran it through Manga Studio, due to unknown reasons the resolution got worse. Unless you zoom in at certain arts, it'll most likely not be a problem. Soo...Enjoy.

Next up is DinohScene's avatar. I'm going to start now, although if he sends me a bigger pic of his avatar, it'd be helpful.

Reactions: Enchilada

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished Dust:An Elysian Tail. It was an awesome game :D. If you want to see my full thoughts on it, you can go to the 'What did you accomplish in gaming today?' topic. Anyways, I was bored, so I drew Dust:
t6x8.png

Might make this into a full running animation. Anyways, enjoy.

Edit:Bah, Flash cut a bit off my image. Should be better now.

ilman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you're getting better really quick!
it's like if the drawing on your first post was made so shitty on purpose

Well, the first drawing was done in 20 minutes as a test in a program I hadn't worked with before(SAI), soooo thanks for the compliment. :lol:

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up