Hacking My 3DS downloaded the 9.4 update... want to delete.

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I get the prompt asking me if I want to update when I open my 3DS, I'm always afraid I'll hit A, intending to start a game, but that the update prompt will appear before I have a chance to react. If I do click OK by accident when that appears, will it give me any chance to cancel before it's too late?
The nag screen doesn't instantly update the 3DS. First, the System Settings opens after pressing A, /then/ you probably have to accept terms, and after accepting the terms it finally updates.

Reactions: Margen67

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyway to stop them auto-downloading? Besides blocking the connection
yeah, 5 minutes at 600 watt in the microwave helps apperantly:P

edit:
without joking: no, there is no way to stop downloading updates on your 3ds except for not connecting it to the internet;) (even streetpass can screw you i thought).

Reactions: rctgamer3

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
Being a paranoid and wanting to be extra safe...I have setup 3 dummy wireless connection, disabled spotpass and setup parental control! I should be safe from the updates right?

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is what I've been doing. I haven't tried it with current updates (I blocked the update servers) but you can try:
  1. create an emunand of your 4.x sysnand
  2. update the emunand and the update data (on sysnand) should be gone
  3. block connections to/from update servers

jumphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quite useful workaround ;) If I format the system without the SD Card will I be able to put the SD Card once the 3DS is formatted? Like, will the games show up? I find Link's Awakening DX to be kinda useful when you're bored and can't go online because you can't update.
Unfortunately you can't use any of the SD cards content after formatting, even if you took it out beforehand.

Reactions: Skull Kiddo

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have been wondering about this.. Some ppl here says it cant be updated if you dont push 'yes' button. Some says it can be updated through nintendo zone.. Anyone know how it really is? Mine has never been updated via nz. And i have passed nzones tens of times.. But i get paranoid about this anyway...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately you can't use any of the SD cards content after formatting, even if you took it out beforehand.

That is true. One normally does this to "unlink" emunand from real nand in respect to what's on the SD card. When either one is formatted, it creates a new folder on SD card for downloadable content. This means that games installed to sd card while in emunand won't show up in system nand and visa versa.

If what someone said earlier in the thread is true that updating the console isn't actually required to format it, I will probably do that right after I get emunand setup. The last thing I need is wifi settings/home menu icons getting altered on system nand while messing with emunand. :P

The Emunand you can format instead if you wanted for some odd reason. But then you'll lose your NNID and friend list, which is why formatting system nand after emunand creation is the best route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1