Gaming Must have gameboy advance/gameboy colour/Snes Games.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im running some emulators on the DSTwo.
I hope it's okay to ask here since we don't have a GBA/GBC/Snes section.

Games I love:
Mario, Yoshi, Dragonball Z, donkey kong etc. the whole shebang. But im sure there are gems that I will have missed, probably also with a maybe not so known title?

Could you please recommend me the games I can't miss from these systems?
And don't be shy if it is a longer list :$ :)

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
The Nekketsu / Kunio-kun games on snes are way way way fun. Awesome for two players too and have english translations.
oh, Earthbound and Shin Megami Tensei as well of course.

OncRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like Batman, there was a great SNES game, The Adventures of Batman and Robin. It was based on the animated WB series from the early 90's. Very good game, IMHO.

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
GBA:

MUST have:
- Advance Wars I and II
- Golden Sun I and II
- Pokemon FR/LG
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Awesome games in their own right, but also covered in a layer of blinding melancholy:

- Konami Krazy Racers (seriously that 'Tag' mode and the hidden characters kept me engaged for such a long ass time. I played this before I ever played Mario Kart so for me it'll always be better. It is a Mario Kart ripoff though)
- Fire Emblem (the only reason that this isn't a must have for me is that I adore Advance Wars above this.)
- Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (worst gen imo)
- Pokemon Black/White 1/2 (never played them, but watched some let's play and they seem to be pretty good. Especially the 'hard mode' is a welcome addition)
- Final Fantasy IV Advance

GBC

MUST have:
- Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
- Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
- Super Mario Land 2 (the only Mario game I ever loved)

Awesome games in their own right:

- Battletoads (if you want to cut your wrists instead of playing fun games, this one's for you. I don't know if it still holds up, but 8-year old me thought this shit was hard.)
- The Legend of Zelda, link's awakening

whmchrish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd easily back any suggestions regarding the Pokèmon franchise and Advanced Wars. I also enjoyed the Sonic the Hedgehog games for the GBA. Easily the best Sonic games since his Genesis hayday. Even if they might not reach up to that particular nostalgia-level, I found them to be more than decent.

And no RPG-fan should go through life without at least one playthrough of Chrono Trigger.
Other than that, I'll refrain from parroting the obvious classics, since Mario World and its ilk are probably the first games you tried out :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Mario & Luigi series is pretty great if you haven't played it yet. The first entry was for GBA. A lot of similarities to Super Mario RPG.

The first Phoenix Wright games were for GBA, I can heartily recommend those, although it might be better to play the 3DS (or smartphone) remake if you have a 3DS.

The original Bubsy on SNES is a fun platformer that it seems most have not played. The other entries in the series ranged from subpar to poorly coded buggy shovelware though.

Gradius III for SNES is a must if you are a fan of scrolling shooters, Darius Twin is another good one.

The Mickey Mouse platformers for SNES were pretty awesome. The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse, The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie, and lastly The Magical Quest 3 Starring Mickey & Donald. The latter was only released in Japanese for the SNES, but there's a good fan translation patch for it. All of them were re-released for GBA in English. The second and third entry also have co-op multiplayer whereas the first entry only had pseudo-multiplayer played in turns (like Super Mario Bros). They are genuinely great games.

I know there is a lot more I could add to this list, but I'm having trouble coming up with anything. I might add to this list later.

eastlondondon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are so many must haves for the SNES all Sqaures rpgs, Zelda, UN Sqadron, Axlay, Super Aleste Mario All Stars and world and many more, but for the GBA The Legend Of Zelda Minish Cap and both Metroid games are my favorites. Oh and Krustys Super Funhouse and Spindizzy Worlds are fairly obscure for the SNES but are both good puzzle games

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
GBA: Golden Sun 1/2, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Pokemon Emerald.
GBC: All Pokemon, Wario Land 3, Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons.
SNES: Final Fantasy VI, Super Metroid.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GBA: WarioWare, Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Mario Kart: Super Circuit
GBC: Zelda: Link's Awakening, Super Mario Land 2 and 1, Kirby's Dream Land (the first one)
SNES: Super Metroid (really good, just play it), Pilotwings, every mario/zelda/donkey kong game.

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES
-Earthbound
-Chronotrigger
-mickey's magical adventures. (1+2+3)
-Uniracers
-do re mi fantasy (Japanese to ENG patch available)
-BATTLETOADS!!!!!

GBC
------------
Dragon warrior monsters
Dragon warrior monsters cobi + Taras
Adventures of lolo
kid Dracula
Battle toads again!!!!!
Adventure island 1+2
TMNT games aren't too bad.

GBA
-----------
Golden sun
Banjo Kazooie
Dragon warrior monsters caravan heart.
TMNT ( don't jujudge it plays like river city rampage)

Nes
-snake rattle n roll
-metal gear
-adventure island
-adventures of lolo
-yonoid
-dick Tracy
-battle toads
-dragon warrior
-final fantasy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1