Hacking Multiple User Profiles With CBHC Hacked Wii U

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi,

So I have some questions about my CBHC hacked Wii U. I can't seem to find any answers to these questions anywhere. Perhaps this will be a good thread as well to shed some light on multiple user profiles, and even how to set them up with a Wii U that has the CBHC hack applied.

I have CBHC running perfectly on my Wii U with the Brain Age DS install. I have read a lot about how Coldboot Haxchi depends on the user ID being linked to the DS game that is installed. If this User ID gets deleted, or messed with in any way, the console will brick. So my questions is this..

1. Can I add multiple user profiles (for other family members) to this CBHC hacked Wii U without risking a brick? If I can add another user, does this user have to be linked to the original user profile/ID that was used for CBHC? what happens if I select "Start with This User" if the user does not share the same ID that was used for the CBHC/Brain Age hack? I'm assuming that "Start with This User" means that the Wii U will boot with this new user's profile upon the next reboot? What options does one have with creating multiple user profiles with CBHC?

It would be great if someone could take the time to explain what options I do, or don't have when it comes to adding multiple user profiles while using Coldboot Haxchi.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by xpoverzion,

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
first of all : i dont have CBHC

now:
as i understood the thing, you have no risk of creating new users and using them as long as the user who buyed and installed your CBHC game isnt deleted
when you buy and install a game or a content on the console all the users on the console can use it if the buyer account is still here, if you delete it, you loose the "use rights" of this game, in the case of the CBHC game it mean the console cant launch it, and then cant boot anymore (= bricked)

so basically the only risk by creating other users and having them play on your console is one of them fiddling with game files and deleting it because something like "uh, dont know what it is, not a game, delete it duh"

also as a reminder : dont do anything that touch your CBHC game, like reinstalling haxchi on top, or anything like that (another thing another user who know haxchi but dont know about CBHC could do... "hu this haxchi icon is dumb, and it doesnt boot, whant to change it, reinstalling it.. oh fuuu why isnt it turning on???")

thats why i personnaly would not install CBHC, i would need to launch haxchi manually but i would not have the feeling off having a ticking bomb into my console XD)

Last edited by Engezerstorung,

xpoverzion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi,

Thanks for chiming in on this one. I pretty much had the same understanding as everything you said. The interesting thing about creating new user profiles is that when you begin creating the profile, there are several options asking whether the new profile will have it's own ID, no ID, or whether it will be linked to the original ID, etc... Whether you want to boot directly into this new user profile, and if so, how does booting up with CBHC and this new profile (whether it's linked to the original ID, or has it's own ID, etc.) affect CBHC, if at all? And if I shut down the console while using the other profile that may not be linked to the original ID, does this affect CBHC upon booting up next time?

For these reasons, I haven't felt confident enough to complete the new user profile process. Something tells me that it's probably fine to create these profiles with, or without unique ID's etc... But it would give me peace of mind to hear from someone that has firsthand created additional user profiles while using CBHC. Where is Fix94 when you need him;).

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks for chiming in on this one. I pretty much had the same understanding as everything you said. The interesting thing about creating new user profiles is that when you begin creating the profile, there are several options asking whether the new profile will have it's own ID, no ID, or whether it will be linked to the original ID, etc... Whether you want to boot directly into this new user profile, and if so, how does booting up with CBHC and this new profile (whether it's linked to the original ID, or has it's own ID, etc.) affect CBHC, if at all? And if I shut down the console while using the other profile that may not be linked to the original ID, does this affect CBHC upon booting up next time?

For these reasons, I haven't felt confident enough to complete the new user profile process. Something tells me that it's probably fine to create these profiles with, or without unique ID's etc... But it would give me peace of mind to hear from someone that has firsthand created additional user profiles while using CBHC. Where is Fix94 when you need him;).
I have CBHC and multiple profiles. Only one is linked to NNID and that's the one where I installed HaxChi and CBHC. But all the other profiles work fine and CBHC still works

bbking67

FAMILY FIRST
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Exactly what I needed... I created a new ID but some of my homebrew icons don't show up for that ID. Is that normal? Commercial games show up... but not the folders I created with homebrew...

Thanks for the post.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I needed... I created a new ID but some of my homebrew icons don't show up for that ID. Is that normal? Commercial games show up... but not the folders I created with homebrew...

Thanks for the post.
Yes of course
Any custom folders you created under the other account won't show on a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-