Hacking MT card Hardware Ver1.1 & Software V1.1 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it must be to have latest ROM/emuNAND support. Maybe they saw everyone here posting about Diagnostic mode and decided to dump it, or decided it was useless to begin with and just hid it from the menu or removed the code entirely.

I don't think MT's new code will brick, looks like their team is getting a little better.

groit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time I think about ordering an MT card I keep getting the forum quotes "inferior to gateway" and "just a clone" popping into my head

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
every time I think about ordering an MT card I keep getting the forum quotes "inferior to gateway" and "just a clone" popping into my head

GW for me are history, as I have more than one reason(S) to share, yet from the looks of it, I wont be getting my console back from them (took a gamble sending it I know).

Its been over a month now since I shipped it to them and the last reply was on the19th Feb stating "We are handling the consoles now,, we get back to you soon" and not heard anything else since after contacting them for further updates.

Ignore what anyone says about "inferior/clone bollocks", go with you're gut instinct and what suits you best. Its you're money and console, not theirs. MT though, looks like their pulling their socks up with their latest update.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
GW for me are history, as I have more than one reason(S) to share, yet from the looks of it, I wont be getting my console back from them (took a gamble sending it I know).

Its been over a month now since I shipped it to them and the last reply was on the19th Feb stating "We are handling the consoles now,, we get back to you soon" and not heard anything else since after contacting them for further updates.

Ignore what anyone says about "inferior/clone bollocks", go with you're gut instinct and what suits you best. Its you're money and console, not theirs. MT though, looks like their pulling their socks up with their latest update.
give it time to hear back from gateway, it would cost them nothing to fix it so i doubt they will be that fickle, i agree they have messed up big time with the whole bricking stuff. but i still wouldn't just put your 3ds down as a loss, at least try emailing them again.
postage to china is crap at the best of times.

anyways, yeah MT certainly appear to be doing some work, granted most of it has already been done by gateway but it would be nice to see some actual competition in the scene....better than the cheap clones using identical firmware files

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sooner rather than later we'll get to the stage where being or not being a clone won't particularly matter, just like it was in the case of DS-Mode flash carts and GBA flash carts before that. The only things that really matter are support and features - if the cart offers those two things then it's worth recommending.

Reactions: groit

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
give it time to hear back from gateway, it would cost them nothing to fix it so i doubt they will be that fickle, i agree they have messed up big time with the whole bricking stuff. but i still wouldn't just put your 3ds down as a loss, at least try emailing them again.
postage to china is crap at the best of times.

anyways, yeah MT certainly appear to be doing some work, granted most of it has already been done by gateway but it would be nice to see some actual competition in the scene....better than the cheap clones using identical firmware files

I see you're point. Guess its being impatient having to wait a while, as I just want to put this behind me and move on from it all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see you're point. Guess its being impatient having to wait a while, as I just want to put this behind me and move on from it all.
Shipping to and from the far east takes ridiculous amounts of time and knowing life, if they do fix your system, it's probably not going to be sent back using priority mail. It could take weeks to get there and weeks to get back, really.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Shipping to and from the far east takes ridiculous amounts of time and knowing life, if they do fix your system, it's probably not going to be sent back using priority mail. It could take weeks to get there and weeks to get back, really.

Yeah in my opinion it is way more economical to get a pi and unbrick it yourself.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah in my opinion it is way more economical to get a pi and unbrick it yourself.
Nowadays, yes. You can even have someone else who has a Raspberry Pi or an Arduino to unbrick it for you. Those who sent their systems to Gateway probably did so in mid-january when Gateway started their unbricking service, the 3DSUnbricker software was published late january.

EDIT: Ninja'd :ninja:

Nismax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So people have sent in their 3DS to Gateway and failed to post the address publicly? I think their address should be plastered all over this place.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So people have sent in their 3DS to Gateway and failed to post the address publicly? I think their address should be plastered all over this place.

Yes. Because once we have their address, we can all fly over to china and harass them and what not.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Its not a proper address to send to, its a forwarder. If GW supplied their HQ location, Nintendo would be on it in a blink of an eye

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Its not a proper address to send to, its a forwarder. If GW supplied their HQ location, Nintendo would be on it in a blink of an eye
To be fair, this isn't something unordinary. Plenty of businesses simply use P.O. boxes when they don't want to receive mail directly to their offices.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Didn't say it was, the guy was asking why people didn't disclose the address public, so that was my answer, which I know businesses use from time to time and illegal business's like GW wouldn't dream to disclose their location, as it would be suicide.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Didn't say it was, the guy was asking why people didn't disclose the address public, so that was my answer, which I know businesses use from time to time and illegal business's like GW wouldn't dream to disclose their location, as it would be suicide.
I know, I was supporting you. :P Giving people your address when you deal in hardware of *cough cough* "debatable" legality is not exactly a wise move. :rofl2:

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also a thing called common courtesy to not throw someone's address up online without permission to a public forum. ;)

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol since this thread has already gotten off topic I'm just gonna throw my 2 cents out there on this I own 2 gateways and not an mt card but I'm in fear that gateway might push the unfinished 2.0final out in order to grab the sales that my card is probably getting right now which is cool if it doesn't put my console at risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +1