Homebrew Mplayer-CE

slicknixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i noticed that the smb problems are still there in the new release.
the worst problem is random crashing while streaming a video over the network.
is there any way to fix this? i remember someone mentioning something about an smb debug..

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
Kempston yes i know, a few have mentioned that bar problem, have you tried uncommenting the parem in mplayer.conf "component fix" ???

Cheers, worked a treat.

I have just noticed, is it me or is the volume really low?

trottolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello....I already did this question but nobody reply me......

I have a dvd structure in my external hard disk....how is possible to see as a dvd (and not playing one by one single vob file) the dvd directory?

chantas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
chantas
you can just overwrite it with beta2...
reinstall dvdx to ios202

now with mplayerce 0.4

try this: power wii off full power off, insert usb, power wii on, load hbc etc, load mplayer >browse>usb did this work?

also is your usb device formatted to FAT, FAT32.

The usb2.0 its working now
smile.gif

But seems its not compatible with my external hd
frown.gif
When I plug it and run mplayer ce 0.4 it freezes on loading. I tried with a 8gb pen and it worked.

Do you think my 320gb External disk can be compatible in future releases?

chantas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
I suppose at some pint it may be supported, have you tried the same way as you did with usb stick? also try just booting mplayerce, and inserting USB, or power wii no, insert usb, launch mplayer. play around with it. and is formatted fat, fat32?

The disk is FAT32. I already tried to plug the disk after mplayer boots, but its not detected, also the usb stick its not detected if I plug it only after Mplayer boots
frown.gif

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
Kempston no the volume is as it should be, it's at 25 or something, press for volume and - to lower it.

I had already tried that - the volume is maximum on the Wii (using the + button) but is still low in comparison to for example the satellite box going through the TV. Guess I will just have to remember to lower the TV volume when I stop using it.

goku21temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,

i´m already on system-menu 4.0 .. is there any way for me to install dvdx ? all installers are for 3.2 or 3.4.. but no 4.0 yet .. can i use the 3.2 version?

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is how i solved my "MPlayer not seeing my usb hard drive" problem :

I had 2 primary partitions on the hard drive. one for WBFS games & other (FAT32) for MPlayer. turns out the MPlayer partition had to be the 1st partition on the drive for MPlayer to see it. now MPlayer sees all 3 of my portable hard drives i tried it with (wasnt working with any when WBFS partition was the first). hope this works for some others too.

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshwasi said:
this is how i solved my "MPlayer not seeing my usb hard drive" problem :

I had 2 primary partitions on the hard drive. one for WBFS games & other (FAT32) for MPlayer. turns out the MPlayer partition had to be the 1st partition on the drive for MPlayer to see it. now MPlayer sees all 3 of my portable hard drives i tried it with (wasnt working with any when WBFS partition was the first). hope this works for some others too.

Ya i figured this out also. I hope they fix that so it can be the secondary partition since I only have one HD. Geexbox doesn't have this problem. I gotta have my USB ISO Loader so i guess it's Geexbox for now.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have two questions regarding v0.4:

For USB2.0 to work, is it sufficient to have cIOS36 rev9 installed, or do I have to install something else?

If launched from a channel, does it code dump on exit?

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question guys, is there any way to access files off a logical partition on a USB drive as opposed to a primary? I had to swap my logical and primary around to get USB Loader to work (it only works when the WBFS partition is set to primary) and as such now the FAT32 partition which has my video files on it isn't seen by MPlayer when Files/USB is selected, presumably because it's been set to logical.

If this can't be done currently, could it possibly be implemented?

bussdee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
BPunderground.co.cc
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same Problem here, can`t find the 2nd partition on my external HD (need first partition in wbfs for USB-Loader)

System:
Wii-Firmware 4.0 (Waninkoko Updater)
WiiKey 1.9s
hbc installed
USB-Loader 1.1

Any ideas how to fix this, or is there any other good mediaplayer working on my system ???

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SpaceJump said:

For USB2.0 to work, is it sufficient to have cIOS36 rev9 installed, or do I have to install something else?

i am using 0.4 with one of your dol forwarder channels and it's working like a charm.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Screemer said:
SpaceJump said:

i am using 0.4 with one of your dol forwarder channels and it's working like a charm.

Glad to hear that
smile.gif

Regarding USB2.0 to work. I already have DVDx and cIOS36 rev9 installed, is that enough for USB2.0 to work? Or do I have to install the USB 2.0 cIOS beta3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Chronic The HempHog
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtapU5nI6G4 +1