then that in apps on sd card
launch hbc
it would of installed cios_usb2

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you had to rename cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500 to cios_usb2_beta2.bz2 and then open it in WinRAR or other such program.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davvo said:
before the files where deleted from Kwiirks page at wiibrew
there where 2 links
one file was cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500
the other boot,dol
it dont matter what one you downloaded
but if you downloaded cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500
then it would have to be renamed to boot.dol
before you could launch it with the hbc

they both do the same thing install cios_usb2

if you renamed cios_usb2_beta2bz27f500 to boot.dol
put that in a folder
then that in apps on sd card
launch hbc
it would of installed cios_usb2
No, you are wrong. I told you I already did exactly that and it didn't work. But it doesn't matter anymore, I got everything working.

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Superb, combined with USB2 this plays all my XVID avi files off my 400gb Freecom external drive, including those that my Xbox 360 didn't support.

Great work guys.
grog.gif

trottolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello, this is my first message......can this application start the dvd structure from a external hard disk?(vob files...)

if no what is the software that i should use?

trottolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello, this is my first message......can this application start the dvd structure from a external hard disk?(vob files...)

if no what is the software that i should use?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
my picture is a little bit shifted to the left side. does somebody have a idea how to fix that.

and i mentioned in my last post that i have problems connecting to my smb shares on startup. now i enabled smb debug and since that i get a working connection after every start. but there is a other problem. after i watched a movie mplayer tells me that it can't reconnect to smb share xyz most of the time. i have to exit mplayer and restart it again and all the connections are working properly again. maybe my feature request of an option to reinitialize the network connection would help. at least it would be more handy than exiting and restarting mplayer every time.

chantas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

My system is:

- Wii PAL 3.1e Wiikey v1

And im having some trouble getting the usb 2.0 to work:

Tried cIOS USB beta 2 and beta 3 and usb STOPPED WORKING after I install this with the dvdx with ios202 (in all mplayer versions, but geexbox usb still works)

With cIOS USB installed I cant get DVD playback in 0.4, but it works in 0.3.

USB works on other applications like geexbox but in Mplayer with the cIOS USB no chance
frown.gif

Any thoughts?

Thanks
smile.gif

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
My system is:
- Wii PAL 3.1e Wiikey v1

Tried cIOS USB beta 2 and beta 3 and usb STOPPED WORKING after I install this with the dvdx with ios202 (in all mplayer versions, but geexbox usb still works)

USB works on other applications like geexbox but in Mplayer with the cIOS USB no chance
hi, yes we understand your dvd problem, your chip has a slight problem with libdi, but need not worry, all will be fixed and running in next mplayerce release, possibly today or in the next days.

Your USB will work though, also don't install ciosusb2 beta3, it has a few breaks, install ciosusb2 beta2, then reinstall dvdx at ios202
now insert usb, launch mplayer, browse>USB
smile.gif

chantas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
My system is:
- Wii PAL 3.1e Wiikey v1

hi, yes we understand your dvd problem, your chip has a slight problem with libdi, but need not worry, all will be fixed and running in next mplayerce release, possibly today or in the next days.

Your USB will work though, also don't install ciosusb2 beta3, it has a few breaks, install ciosusb2 beta2, then reinstall dvdx at ios202
now insert usb, launch mplayer, browse>USB
smile.gif

Thanks for your answer!
smile.gif

First I installed the ciosusb2 beta3, then I tried the ciosusb2 beta2 and reinstalled the dvdx with ios202, but the problem remains. Do I need to uninstall the ciosusb2 completely and then reinstall the beta2?? If thats the case how can I remove it??

I dont know if its relevant but the first thing I installed by mistake was the ciosusb2 beta3 version that uses the ios222...

Thanks
smile.gif

Kempston

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Any idea if and when there will be some picture size controls implemented? I have a small black bar on the left and right side of the picture no matter what aspect I use. Nothing major, but it would be nice to have some sort of horizontal size adjustment to get rid of it. Also, although not that important, when will full Wiimote support be added?

I must say I am impressed, especially with the amount of formats and bitrates supported in the various wrappers - as I said above I had quite a few Xvid files that my Xbox 360 refused to run, I have yet to find one that won't work on this. It also seems fairly stable and the playback is now smooth thanks to CIOSusb2 Beta2. I now no longer have to have my 360 running to watch films, increasing the chances of it red ringing.

EDIT - this might be a stupid question but does anyone know where MPlayer CE 0.4 can be downloaded as an installable channel so it doesn't have to be run from the MMC through the Homebrew Channel?

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
Kempston yes i know, a few have mentioned that bar problem, have you tried uncommenting the parem in mplayer.conf "component fix" ???

I don't have this problem, im PAL, NTSC should be ok though, my TV supports NTSC aswell.

also to clarify..... "steps"

Install ciosusb2 beta2
install DVDX to advanced IOS202

now, insert USB, launch MPlayerCE 0.4 and you will have usb2 speed.

those with chips, and cannot use dvd in this version, need not worry, fix in coming day or days
smile.gif

chantas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
Kempston yes i know, a few have mentioned that bar problem, have you tried uncommenting the parem in mplayer.conf "component fix" ???

I don't have this problem, im PAL, NTSC should be ok though, my TV supports NTSC aswell.

also to clarify..... "steps"

Install ciosusb2 beta2
install DVDX to advanced IOS202

now, insert USB, launch MPlayerCE 0.4 and you will have usb2 speed.

those with chips, and cannot use dvd in this version, need not worry, fix in coming day or days
smile.gif

UranusKiller, I followed those steps but USB support in mplayer ce (any version) is gone
frown.gif
Do you think that the fact that I installed the cIOS usb beta 3 first (the one with ios 222) can be the reason for this problem? Is there any way to completely remove the cIOS usb so I can try a "clean" install??

Thanks in advance and good work!
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kempston said:
EDIT - this might be a stupid question but does anyone know where MPlayer CE 0.4 can be downloaded as an installable channel so it doesn't have to be run from the MMC through the Homebrew Channel?
i use a mplayer ce forwarder channel. just have to install it once and it will open mplayer ce from your sd-card/apps-folder.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114...t&p=1790633

sadly no sdhc support yet. seems forwarder is a little bit buggy. but spacejump will look into this as soon as he gets out of hospital.

tobeychris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know that you can't change the folder name of mplayer_ce because it looks there for the loop.avi, config files, etc. My question is if anyone has created or would know where to find an all in one .dol or wad.

I want to have a channel that is not a forwarder (I understand that some functions would be lost), so that an SD card is not required for MPlayer to work.

If anyone has some insight it would be appreciated. (please don't just tell me to use a forwarder)

tobeychris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The idea would be to edit the source to find those files within the .dol (yes, making them uneditable).

It's not a 'no chance' thing, it's a 'who would take the time to do it'. If anyone has actually heard of this, or has an idea of where to look at in the source, I would love the insight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH