Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think the boot.cfg as currently written is wrong. There's a missing close curly brace and semicolon at the end. This is likely why the person is getting a black screen.
Yes, it's broken. What I did was use the one that comes with the .zip, just modify it using any text editor to boot HBL8.3dsx

frandarre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I should report that I just tried to downgrade my 10.3 o3ds and bricked it. Black screen, blue light and can't access recovery mode. Did all the sdcard stuff, too.

Please, even if you're feeling confident, don't try to downgrade unless it's 100% working.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little help for someone who's currently in utter panic as they may have done something stupid with their only 3DS n' all:

what *hax can I even use on 9.2 without ninjhax? Browserhax (sliderhax) seems to consistently give me the internet error restart your system etc

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little help for someone who's currently in utter panic as they may have done something stupid with their only 3DS n' all:

what *hax can I even use on 9.2 without ninjhax? Browserhax (sliderhax) seems to consistently give me the internet error restart your system etc
N-none, unfortunately. TubeHax is dead, and MenuHax, ironhax, and oothax require a currently functioning hax to install.

For browserhax, try tapping to the furthest right point.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it. Hell yeah.
Glad I could help! Sliderhax is really weird, I missed out on menuhax (themehax at the time) the first time around because sliderhax wouldn't work for me in time, and Nintendo sent the browser nag out of nowhere. This time, I'm too low down for the browser nag, so I'm safe!

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I followed the tutorial end to end, I downgraded my 10.3 2DS to 9.2, set up emunand, installed rxTools, unlinked etc. All peachy.

However, all my legit eShop titles disappeared from the emunand after the unlink step. Do I just have to redownload them? (Probably after deleting them from the sysnand so I don't have two copies of the same game on there?). Will I lose my save games? Should I run svdt and pull the save games from them before I do this?

Yump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only problem I'm having is that I can't install the TinyFormat CIA, Help please

Fixed my issue last night just use Cake instead for the install

Last edited by Yump,

Phil Shroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so odd issue im getting, i get to the part about starting rxtools after doing the injection and it does not boot, i just get black screens...am i missing something?

Edit: specifically step 17, nothing boots, no brick as sysnand and the boot manager still work

Last edited by Phil Shroyer,

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for asking, but I can't seem to find this anywhere and this seems like an appropriate place:

When unlinking SysNAND and EmuNAND, everyone says to basically format the EmuNAND, but from what I understand that would reset the Friend Code and such of the EmuNAND.

Is it possible to format the SysNAND instead so that the EmuNAND can be a "daily driver" of sorts? I'd want to use my current NNID and Friend Code on EmuNAND and I'd pretty much leave SysNAND alone on 9.2.

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for asking, but I can't seem to find this anywhere and this seems like an appropriate place:

When unlinking SysNAND and EmuNAND, everyone says to basically format the EmuNAND, but from what I understand that would reset the Friend Code and such of the EmuNAND.

Is it possible to format the SysNAND instead so that the EmuNAND can be a "daily driver" of sorts? I'd want to use my current NNID and Friend Code on EmuNAND and I'd pretty much leave SysNAND alone on 9.2.
Good question. I want to keep all the things I had before - that includes my Smash save (I collect equipment, but c'mon guys, I've had to delete my save file too many times already) and my friend code..

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using CTRBootManager froze after asking for a boot.cfg and claiming it was going to make one, the second time ended up giving me a blackscreen after the menuhax launcher screen. basically i'm confused af.

More like internally screaming actually.

demonotaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you; Your FAQ has worked and I have now a Sys of 9.2 and a emunand of 10.3 :)

Gafan; You need to use the latest Nightly build of RX W/Pasta; its the only one I have had success with

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current status: installed emuNAND exactly as this described, but getting a black screen whenever I try to start it up.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the boot.cfg as currently written is wrong. There's a missing close curly brace and semicolon at the end. This is likely why the person is getting a black screen.
Wow, I can't believe I didn't catch that before.
Whilst this DOES cause a boot.cfg missing error in CTRBootManager, it doesn't cause blackscreens.
Fixing that now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw