Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Yeah. I got it now. Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to tell if I'm downloading the correct version of Ironfall before it finishes?

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone actually been able to download an exploitable version of Ironfall Invasion in the last day or so? Just curious. I'm doing this for my brother. I just bought him a 3DS XL for Christmas, and want to get him an entry point in preparation for if/when memchunkhax2 is implemented.

Last edited by Ailuros27,

jwitz

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone actually been able to download an exploitable version of Ironfall Invasion in the last day or so? Just curious. I'm doing this for my brother. I just bought him a 3DS XL for Christmas, and want to get him an entry point in preparation for if/when memchunkhax2 is implemented.

I managed it on my n3ds 10.3. The version was v 1.1 which I thought meant it wouldn't work, but that version is exploitable as well it seems.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I got an exploitable version on a 10.3 3DS XL just a day or two ago. 1.1 is indeed exploitable. I use it on my main 3DS.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Eugh.
I updated the guide to reflect the new actually-downgrading-FIRM-properly sysUpdater version being out.
I can't wait for someone to not read the 'YOU NEED A HARDMOD BECAUSE THIS IS STILL TOO RISKY' part and get bricked.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eugh.
I updated the guide to reflect the new actually-downgrading-FIRM-properly sysUpdater version being out.
I can't wait for someone to not read the 'YOU NEED A HARDMOD BECAUSE THIS IS STILL TOO RISKY' part and get bricked.

yeah that's exactly why im still not doing it :) ill read the tutorial anyways

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok what in the world is a hard mod .....I am using browser hax and theme hax to run homebrew so don't downgrade??? @.@
Basically modifying your 3DS's hardware.
The main type of hardmod in the 3DS scene is adding a connector to the NAND flash contacts to perform backups and restoration of the system storage to avoid a permanent brick while trying risky methods.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully Downgraded my old3ds fw 9.9.0.26 -> fw 9.2.0.20 with Oothax and menuhax. Thanks for putting in the time to write up this tutorial!

Edit: Downgraded another O3DS 9.9.0.26 -> fw 9.2.0.20 and installed emunand and RxTools on both of them.

Last edited by Yatashi Strife, , Reason: update

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the boot.cfg as currently written is wrong. There's a missing close curly brace and semicolon at the end. This is likely why the person is getting a black screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, I've never seen you in a while. How's that game getting on?
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.