Tutorial More-or-less Catch-All Tutorial

Switch CFW tutorial to focus on ReiNAND?

• Switch to ReiNAND (Lighter footprint, seems to work better in most systems, native regionfree TBD)

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Keep using rxTools (Unstable, build Dropbox host goes down every other day, generally troublesome)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Opening decrypt9 on my emuNAND just kicks me back to the homebrew launcher, and trying to open FBI through the homebrew menu results in an error not allowing me to install CIAs. What should I do? I also already unlinked my emuNAND and my sysNAND so I don't know if that would have any effect on things.
Decrypt9 absolutely requires 9.2 to run.
You should also use the .CIA build of FBI, I'm fairly certain that also requires 9.2.

It's fine, I don't need it for now anyway since I can still access HANS.
Have you tried this BootNTR version?
https://github.com/Shadowtrance/BootNTR/releases

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decrypt9 absolutely requires 9.2 to run.
You should also use the .CIA build of FBI, I'm fairly certain that also requires 9.2.
I am on 9.2, both my EmuNAND and SysNAND. I also can't install the .CIA build of FBI to my EmuNAND because the .3dsx version spouts an error about a wrong command, so without decrypt9 + FBI's .3dsx not working for what ever reason, I have no way to install the .CIA version.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am on 9.2, both my EmuNAND and SysNAND. I also can't install the .CIA build of FBI to my EmuNAND because the .3dsx version spouts an error about a wrong command, so without decrypt9 + FBI's .3dsx not working for what ever reason, I have no way to install the .CIA version.
The thing is, when you enter emuNAND you're launching firmware.bin, which is actually more like 10.2 firmware, so everything else might be 9.2, but NATIVE_FIRM is still 10.2.
You're supposed to run D9 from sysNAND anyway.

Ewarin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On N3DS, downgraded to 9.2, installed Homebrew, CTRBootManager and Menuhax according to the guide
I have a problem with EmuNAND9, while choosing "Complete EmuNAND Setup" it says
File system is corrupt or unknown
continuing without starter.bin
And if i try to continue it says
emunand unknown errror something went wrong here
format this sd card from your PC first then try this again
Cant figure out whats wrong, my SD card is FAT32 and has alot of free space.

Poketard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, when you enter emuNAND you're launching firmware.bin, which is actually more like 10.2 firmware, so everything else might be 9.2, but NATIVE_FIRM is still 10.2.
You're supposed to run D9 from sysNAND anyway.
Ohh, ok. Now I have it working. Thanks!

Unrefined-Nemesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
How do you tell or check whether cakes is working on your 3ds? sorry i'm new to this cfw and your tutorial was promoted by mrmario2011 and by far is the simplest on this site.

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you tell or check whether cakes is working on your 3ds? sorry i'm new to this cfw and your tutorial was promoted by mrmario2011 and by far is the simplest on this site.
Well im going to assume you mean how can you be sure youre on cakes emunand. if you injected fbi into health and safety, then sysnand will have regular health and safety and emunand will have fbi. You should elaborate.

Unrefined-Nemesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well im going to assume you mean how can you be sure youre on cakes emunand. if you injected fbi into health and safety, then sysnand will have regular health and safety and emunand will have fbi. You should elaborate.
For example when you cfw a psp it states that you're on for exam0le 6.2 mee-3 firmware under system information, how can i find out whether cakes has been successfully installed like a psp confirmation

Edit: Found it as long the FBI logo is there it means it was successful

Last edited by Unrefined-Nemesis,

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Add this to the downgrade section: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-r...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/

At this point it is clear that there is a small chance for softbrick to happen if the initial sysupdater failed halfway, but still recoverable using other entry points. There is some element of luck involved as the failure state can be different depending on which files were patched before failure.

Charmeleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully did this with my o3DS XL, but for some reason on the small o3DS everytime I press Y to downgrade it just says cia files not found or something like that and than exits to homebrew? any idea why this would happen? the update files worked fine for the old model XL.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On N3DS, downgraded to 9.2, installed Homebrew, CTRBootManager and Menuhax according to the guide
I have a problem with EmuNAND9, while choosing "Complete EmuNAND Setup" it says

And if i try to continue it says

Cant figure out whats wrong, my SD card is FAT32 and has alot of free space.
When you put Emunand9 in the 3ds folder, did you also put the Emunand9 folder on the root of the sd card? I think that may be your problem, because the Emunand9 folder contains starter.bin. Put that folder on your sd and try again.

Anyways, I also have a downgraded n3ds with 9.2, but I never got that error.

Last edited by Skyshadow101,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto