Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This mourning I opened up my email and was surprised to see this....

http://mailchi.mp/fe72ea5be6f5/first-look-ataribox-design?e=c536e0f6e2

Wow. I gotta be honest it looks cool. Based on how it looks I want it. The email mentions being able to play old game as well as new games on the box so virtual console confirmed. Pong anyone? We see two styles. The red one looks pretty cool. I don't know how I feel about the wood however. It might look nice in some homes but would look a liitle out of place in mine. And that's really all we know.

(And I reported this first so don't let the reporters steal my thunder XD)
You forgot to add a "Maybe" option (that would be my pick)
It's impossible to say without even knowing what the lineup and pricing is going to be like.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For now, I'm going to say maybe. It might have decent success. I'm sure they aren't expecting to break records.

That said, people do have a point. People are confused on what it even is and people already complained about Switch Price. This doesn't even seem to take physical media.

I like the black and red one.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Just in:

Screenshot_20171211-151222.png

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That controller design will be great for old Atari games, but it's absolutely useless for any modern game. What game can you think of today that would work with only one button? Not sure what they were thinking there. i swear if anyone says flappy bird i am going to break something
It's great that it supports bluetooth gamepads, but not everyone has one of those and most console ones that people are likely to have use proprietary protocols and might not be supported.
>Home and Back buttons
>Compatible with Bluetooth controllers
Yep. It runs Android.
XBox 360 has home and back buttons as well. I fail to see your point :unsure:
It's really kind of a must to have some auxiliary way to navigate the menus or exit out of games when you have one whole button.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Frankly I'm still surprised they are going ahead with this. I think there's a good chance that they will cancel it due to insufficient preorders.

Like fuck, the whole thing about the NES/SNES classic is that they are cheap and simple and authentic, something that even the most technophobic people can get up and running. This Ataribox instead is a mishmash monstrosity of ideas with no clear target audience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E