Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate being poor in this game.

Early game, Power and Armor Seeds are pretty good to make money by growing them in the farm and selling them. Later on, Nullberries hands down.

Now I'm making way more than i spend on new gear/supplies.

Also if anyone needs help your welcome to add me. My ID is SgtWiggles, one urgent away from HR3 and on Village Rank 5

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn I need to hit up the online mode D:
I'm LOVING the game (been spamming Facebook with pics of monsters I've slain)
Do I need MH wii u to play online with my 3DS version? I have a wii u but I didn't buy the wii u version.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn I need to hit up the online mode D:
I'm LOVING the game (been spamming Facebook with pics of monsters I've slain)
Do I need MH wii u to play online with my 3DS version? I have a wii u but I didn't buy the wii u version.
no, you don't need the wiiu version. but you need a LAN adapter for the wiiu

Reactions: chavosaur

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait wait wait, LAN adapter for Wiiu? WHAT?
You funnel the wireless connection of the 3DS through the Wii U, the Wii U can't communicate with two devices simultaneously using Wi-Fi so the Wii U's internet connection has to be wired.

The only other types of communication the Wii U can do are bluetooth, NFC and Ni-Fi. But the 3DS can't do those.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
the wii's LAN adapter works as the wiiU's LAN adapter

it way it works the same as ad-hoc party the is on the ps3

the systems use adhoc wifi to connect together and th wiiU uses the LAN adapter is used to connect to the Internet

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's poopy design, but thanks for headsup. Thinking of getting a wii-u closer to end of the year.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I havent gotten past the intro of the game yet...
Proper regret not getting the WiiU version and be able to play with mates online.
I will give this a shot next week I guess :)

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Needs moar lagiacrus death pics~
5ena4y7y.jpg

Oh yea... I did dat...

Reactions: Black-Ice

andy26129

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fastest way to earn money: Do the Bear Trap mission located on rank 2. Weaken the bear with your strongest weapon, catch it and sell off rewards it gives you. Gets you around 5000 in just 2-4 mins. Any other ways you guys have?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a new system I'm not aware of? Never had problem with money in the past.

Nope, just people not sure of how to make money yet. I just do the Nullberry method I posted before, easily getting 5-7k back after each quest I complete. I have like 200k right now and am steadily increasing, and thats counting that fact that I'm sitting on a TON of weapons that I constantly upgrade (Like 20-30ish, mostly Horns and Switch Axes)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet jesus I just hit HR3, managed to get that far without dying a single time in an online quest, only to die to a Great Jaggi's body slam <_<. Tried to take on the Qurupeco variant only for it to summon a Pink Rathian which utterly destroyed our group

Reactions: DaggerV

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a new system I'm not aware of? Never had problem with money in the past.

I agree with this line of thinking, what are you spending money on to run out so fast? lol

Early on you dont need money, potions is about the only thing you NEED, Most of the monsters dont give you status afflictions yet. Also dont waste your time trying to level up every weapon yet either coz thats a waste of money, especially if its a weapon you're barely gonna use, stick with 1 main and only change if that paticular weapon isnt getting the job done.

One thing i always find is a nice little money grabber is sending the fishing boats out to the place that brings back those "eggs" because they sell for like 1000 each and you get about 3-4 each fishing trip consistantly. Altho the boat trips take about 2 days which is 2 quests but even so, its a nice way to get some money. Also if you are ever farming in the waterjungle place (i forget what its called) take a bunch of bugnets, you have a high chance of catching those royal rhinos or w/e which net you a nice little bit of money when you turn the quest in.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you do want to have many weapon(latter on)
maybe one for each element and stats, and one main for general uses (the general use one can be one of the other weapons you have)

switch to the weapon as needed for the monster you are fighting

it is nice to lean how to use different weapon types as well

some monster maybe easier with a different weapon then the main one you are using

if you like to use weapons like the LS or SnS
it helps to learn how it use a impact weapons like the hammer and lean how to use gunner weapons like a bow

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, with each series I've noticed I've taken on a different weapon. I've pretty much never really used sword and shield, switch axes, and bowguns. I've been sitting on this game awhile but been trying to complete the other games I've already started, and now I'm done with that, I'm thinking about picking this gem up. Any single player bowgun user that uses almost exclusively that? Is it a long and drawn out battle?

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
No its not necessary to make money right away and yes you can focus on just a weapon or two initially; but some of us are collectors, and we want to make lots of stuff to play around with. After all this game is about hunting monsters and making stuff from their parts. If you want to build lots of stuff you need the money. I already posted 3 ways to make money in my previous two essay posts along with a bunch of tips. One way for low rank another for g rank and another for any rank. If you are doing the nullberry farming method, to make the days go by, use the 2 kelbi horn quest. Bring 2 kelbi horns with you and immediately turn them in. Takes 20 seconds. You get around 3800 as a reward and always get 2 kelbi horns in your reward box. Rinse repeat, and after 10 days sell the berries. Good fast money on low rank. For any rank just hunt monsters and sell parts. or g rank mine g rank volcano and.sell everything. This nets 30k to 70k for a 4 minute run. I guess my.posts get ignored because they are either essays or nobody knows me any more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1