ROM Hack RELEASE Monster Hunter Rise 60 FPS mod

Juicex3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think its not a good idea to run the fan and the temps in a long time.
i had temp issues with my notebook 3 years ago and i ignored it and then a mosfet burns out and my notebook are not functional , i think it can be the same way on my switch.

its better to run my switch in not so high temps, otherwises its a better choice to emulate the game.

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i think its not a good idea to run the fan and the temps in a long time.
i had temp issues with my notebook 3 years ago and i ignored it and then a mosfet burns out and my notebook are not functional , i think it can be the same way on my switch.

its better to run my switch in not so high temps, otherwises its a better choice to emulate the game.
Well, that's why it's called Overclocking... Beside laptops are designed to work with temperatures close to max safe and using throttling to mitigate shutdown. Apples laptops can go close to 100 C. So comparing it to Switch is little out of place, where you don't even achieve 60 C and has SoC max safe 84 C.

Juicex3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, that's why it's called Overclocking... Beside laptops are designed to work with temperatures close to max safe and using throttling to mitigate shutdown. Apples laptops can go close to 100 C. So comparing it to Switch is little out of place, where you don't even achieve 60 C and has SoC max safe 84 C.
so its not recommened to let the switch above 60c?

Juicex3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So basically this mod is only for handheld mode then?

You damage you switch when you run mh rise on 60fps in long run.

The fan goes up to 80% much higher then in normal dock mode.

The only option you have is to emulate that game on pc. It’s fully playable at full hd 60fps when you have a Nvidia gpu

Reactions: PrinceRikei

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You damage you switch when you run mh rise on 60fps in long run.

In long run means years. Now you will start crusade and talking to everybody to not use mods requiring OC?

And no, emulation is not an ultimate answer and only option. I didn't buy Switch to emulate it now.

Fan can go up to 80% even without OC in dock (It can reach 100% even if you didn't cross 55C)

So basically this mod is only for handheld mode then?

So basically it is not recommended to use it in docked mode as stated in first post.

Last edited by masagrator,

Mhky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Patch 1.1.2 released, is there a way to update the cheat by myself ? I changed the program ID, can see the cheat now but it doesn't work (probably need the build ID too, but edizon only shows like half of it)

Last edited by Mhky,
Reactions: shahanshah

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Patch 1.1.2 released, is there a way to update the cheat by myself ? I changed the program ID, can see the cheat now but it doesn't work (probably need the build ID too, but edizon only shows like half of it)

Tl;dr
Understand what mod is doing. Disassemble main that is used by this mod. Disassemble new main. Check what is doing with old main and repeat it for new main.

If you can't read cheats and exefs patch, forget it.

Last edited by masagrator,

Mhky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Tl;dr
Understand what mod is doing. Disassemble main that is used by this mod. Disassemble new main. Check what is doing with old main and repeat it for new main.

If you can't read cheats and exefs patch, forget it.

Oof, yeah i don't know how to read cheats and exefs patch.. how can i send you "main" ? you're not on the gbatemp discord

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Does the DL contain code that'll force handheld mode while docked for me, or do I have to do that manually with reverseNX?

immortalCO

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi, I saw the released 1.1.2 west version patch. I wonder if I can manually modify the patch to support JPN version.
I guess all these versions share the same program with different language packs? Can I just simply change the west patch's build ID to JPN one to do so?

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I saw the released 1.1.2 west version patch. I wonder if I can manually modify the patch to support JPN version.
I guess all these versions share the same program with different language packs? Can I just simply change the west patch's build ID to JPN one to do so?
You know you could easily invalidate your hypothesis yourself? Just compare west and jpn patch (inside) from the same version.

immortalCO

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You know you could easily invalidate your hypothesis yourself? Just compare west and jpn patch (inside) from the same version.
I tried, but I don't know the complete build ID of JPN version, so I can not place the exefs_patch file correctly...
Could you please tell me how can I get the complete build ID?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu