Gaming Monster Hunter on 3DS?

punkyrule

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
QUOTE said:
The Monster Hunter franchise is one of Capcom's sure things. Every time a new installment comes out people in Japan go out it droves to buy them. So far, we haven't heard about the next Monster Hunter game yet but there seems to be a possibility that one could be released for Nintendo's 3DS handheld.

Capcom CEO Haruhiro Tsujimoto has been quoted as saying at the latest Gemaga, "3DS is releasing, too, so (it seems like) the time to switch to a new platform is coming."

SOURCE: QJ.net

3DS FTW! I've been praying to see this game on 3DS since I sold my PSP to buy Christmas gifts.
grog.gif

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When a Monster Hunter game comes out for the 3DS, I am going to buy it as soon as possible! (Because I need a 3DS first...)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
What they're forgetting is that most of the people who are likely to get a 3DS are also the type of person who would find Monster Hunter too hard.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
What they're forgetting is that most of the people who are likely to get a 3DS are also the type of person who would find Monster Hunter too hard.

The psp has three monster hunter games i think? If they brought it over to the 3ds i don't think they could do so without making it a multi-platform psp and 3ds release, Otherwise it would be a little unfair to fans if they just dropped psp support.

jak66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ryan90 said:
The psp has three monster hunter games i think? If they brought it over to the 3ds i don't think they could do so without making it a multi-platform psp and 3ds release, Otherwise it would be a little unfair to fans if they just dropped psp support.

Same could be said about Tri, it was moved from PS3 to Wii, although previous games were on PS2.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't seen anything that would make me wnat to buy a 3DS, as it is the 3DS just doesn't feel new to me, it's just a gimmick, a rebranded DS with a few updates.
Monster Hunter would be my only reason for buying a 3DS and unfortunately I'm not going to shed that much cash out for 1 game.

XLarge

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DarkWay said:
I haven't seen anything that would make me wnat to buy a 3DS, as it is the 3DS just doesn't feel new to me, it's just a gimmick, a rebranded DS with a few updates.
Monster Hunter would be my only reason for buying a 3DS and unfortunately I'm not going to shed that much cash out for 1 game.
That can be said about all the consoles. The xbox 360 is a rebranded xbox with better graphics. In the end we all just buy the systems for the games amirite? And the 3DS looks like it will get some awesome releases, much better than the ds when it first came out.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
First 3d portable and it a gimmick and not new really?... >.>

ThePeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
KingVamp said:
DarkWay said:

But what will we see after the 3ds? A 3d DS XL Virtual boy??

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThePeon said:
KingVamp said:
DarkWay said:

But what will we see after the 3ds? A 3d DS XL Virtual boy??

no need to start a flame, i smell sony-arrogance
not only the 3d counts, it has a bunch of app features, slidepad, motion sensors and most importantly, better hardware
say the 360 doesn't do anything just get a lil updates and better hardware

so clearly said, the xbox360 is just a "a rebranded NES with a few updates"
end of story

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only MH game i've played is Monster Hunter Tri, and that was one of the worst games i've ever played. The combat was terrible.

I doubt i'd bother with a 3DS monster hunter game, unless they completely redesigned the combat system.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Law said:
So untrue, just cause DS is aimed at kids or casual gamers doesn't mean that the DS owners can't play hard-core games.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Law said:
Nintendo's trying their hardest to shed that casual image. If Monster Hunter is too hardcore, why is Metal Gear Solid 3 on the 3DS?

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Their casual image is irrelevant to this. The point of getting Monster Hunter on 3DS is for the Japenese market and that market doesnt care what console its on. They will gladly buy into the 3DS if Monster Hunter is on it. 3DS sales would soar and Nintendo would have less of a reason to worry about Sony. If they're smart they should be begging Capcom for more support.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:

Not sure if trolling.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
Law said:
So untrue, just cause DS is aimed at kids or casual gamers doesn't mean that the DS owners can't play hard-core games.

Hardcore?
Monster hunter tri was far from difficult. That was another nail in the coffin for it. Not only was the combat terrible, the game itself was too easy.

Your other sentiment is right though, just because the 3DS (and any other DS for that matter) has a bunch of casual gamers using 'em, doesn't mean there isn't a healthy amount of hardcore gamers using one. There are also some "hardcore" games out there already to prove that, like Devil Survivor. Pretty popular game, yet it's catering to a more hardcore gamer audience thanks to its difficulty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1