Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
RNorthex said:
ThePeon said:
KingVamp said:
DarkWay said:
I haven't seen anything that would make me wnat to buy a 3DS, as it is the 3DS just doesn't feel new to me, it's just a gimmick, a rebranded DS with a few updates.
Monster Hunter would be my only reason for buying a 3DS and unfortunately I'm not going to shed that much cash out for 1 game.
First 3d portable and it a gimmick and not new really?... >.>

But what will we see after the 3ds? A 3d DS XL Virtual boy??

no need to start a flame, i smell sony-arrogance
not only the 3d counts, it has a bunch of app features, slidepad, motion sensors and most importantly, better hardware
say the 360 doesn't do anything just get a lil updates and better hardware

so clearly said, the xbox360 is just a "a rebranded NES with a few updates"
end of story
You should fight fire with fire.

On the other hand there's no really confirmation of the game to be on the 3DS.The statement is so ambiguous that the game moving to a new console may also refer to "PSP2".Though considering that Capcom was able to move the title to the Wii, having it as a 3DS game may not be a far-fetched dream.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still think that the psp itself is a console which should have exclusives
so far, the psp should've had most of the 3d/horror/"massive" games and the ds the casual ones
now the 3ds can handle it, but if there were a dead rising or a new dynasty warriors game - as much as i dislike sony - it should be on their consoles due to processing power
[i mean, samurai warriors 3 was a huuuuge failure on the wii, 3d games weren't that good on the ds and dead rising for the wii - while had waaaaaaay more fun with it - lost the whole purpose of having not enough zombies/good graphics]
monsterhunter...well, it's like really on the edge
i honestly thought that the wii version attempt would've been a failure, but it wasn't surprisingly - for most ppl at least

it's 3d, so give me silent hill instead, how can anything get more scarier than being in 3d? xD

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hells Malice said:
SamAsh07 said:
Law said:
What they're forgetting is that most of the people who are likely to get a 3DS are also the type of person who would find Monster Hunter too hard.
So untrue, just cause DS is aimed at kids or casual gamers doesn't mean that the DS owners can't play hard-core games.

Hardcore?
Monster hunter tri was far from difficult. That was another nail in the coffin for it. Not only was the combat terrible, the game itself was too easy.

Your other sentiment is right though, just because the 3DS (and any other DS for that matter) has a bunch of casual gamers using 'em, doesn't mean there isn't a healthy amount of hardcore gamers using one. There are also some "hardcore" games out there already to prove that, like Devil Survivor. Pretty popular game, yet it's catering to a more hardcore gamer audience thanks to its difficulty.
Devil Survivor isn't that hard, it's pretty standard for an SRPG. If we're gonna talk Megami Tensei, then Persona is the hard one.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter on 3DS would be cool in theory, but incredibly unlikely. Capcom has been publishing all their portable Monster Hunter games on the PSP exclusively, with Tri being the only MH not on a Sony console/handheld. On top of that, the 3DS has all the same buttons a PSP has, and trying to control the camera without a second analog stick is terrible.

MizuInu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time I play Monster Hunter, is on the Wii and I LOVE every moment of it.

I am a big fan of Phantasy Star Online on GC so I was digging every moment of it on Wii.

I am surprised I never managed or have the chance to play on PSP…

Glad to know there is a port on NGP but it is a sure fire hit for Capcom to make specific 3D version of MH for 3DS, they will make more cash
tongue.gif

I can see a pattern of NGP version in spring, 3DS in summer, NGP in fall, 3DS in winter.

Unless they just released same on both version with the obvious difference…cross platform please?

RNorthex said:
i still think that the psp itself is a console which should have exclusives
so far, the psp should've had most of the 3d/horror/"massive" games and the ds the casual ones
now the 3ds can handle it, but if there were a dead rising or a new dynasty warriors game - as much as i dislike sony - it should be on their consoles due to processing power
[i mean, samurai warriors 3 was a huuuuge failure on the wii, 3d games weren't that good on the ds and dead rising for the wii - while had waaaaaaay more fun with it - lost the whole purpose of having not enough zombies/good graphics]
monsterhunter...well, it's like really on the edge
i honestly thought that the wii version attempt would've been a failure, but it wasn't surprisingly - for most ppl at least

it's 3d, so give me silent hill instead, how can anything get more scarier than being in 3d? xD

There is no reason why Sony will keep whatever [insert core title] or should get more of it.

The reason why PSP have more is due to the ease of porting PS2 and Wii title to it since the system is much stronger.

As we can see with this year line-up for the 3DS, the system will get more good 3rd party games that the Wii could dream of.

There is a new Dynasty Warriors for 3DS, the latest Kingdom Hearts game before KH3. KH 3D is considered a main title in the same pedigree as Birth by Sleep.

The failure of the Wii core title is in no way indication it will be the same for the 3DS.

The PSP vs DS is a thing of the past, now we are at the 3DS vs NGP and things will be interesting for all gamers.

Resident Evil is on 3DS, a Silent Hill version would be good but I want some Fatal Frame Wii here…or on 3DS! @__@

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exaltys said:
Which is more powerful, PSP2 or NDS? Which has a higher resolution? Whichever is better should get Monster Hunter.
It has a factor in it, but power and resolution alone shouldn't determine where a game should go.

One would probably go to both.

pocchama1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exaltys said:
Which is more powerful, PSP2 or NDS? Which has a higher resolution? Whichever is better should get Monster Hunter.

Lets see here
Which is more powerful, Wii or PS3?
PS3
Which has a higher resolution?
PS3
Which ever is better should get Monster Hunter.
Wii apparently.

Which is more powerful, 3DS or NGP?
NGP
Which has a higher resolution
NGP or technically 3DS im not sure on this one.
3DS has my bets.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pocchama1996 said:
Exaltys said:

Lets see here
Which is more powerful, Wii or PS3?
PS3
Which has a higher resolution?
PS3
Wii apparently.

Which is more powerful, 3DS or NGP?
NGP
Which has a higher resolution
NGP or technically 3DS im not sure on this one.
3DS has my bets.

And yet Wii got Monster Hunter Tri.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the big deal with the hate on the 3DS? Nintendo is really aiming to hit ALL tiers of gamers, both casual and "hardcore" (a terrible term, in my opinion).

But, even as I say that, it isn't that likely to see 3DS Monster Hunter. The PSP2 just seems more fitting for it in this standpoint.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
What's the big deal with the hate on the 3DS? Nintendo is really aiming to hit ALL tiers of gamers, both casual and "hardcore" (a terrible term, in my opinion).

But, even as I say that, it isn't that likely to see 3DS Monster Hunter. The PSP2 just seems more fitting for it in this standpoint.

You never know, everyone(including me) was sure that PS3 was going to get Monster Hunter Tri. Capcom may have different plans, we'll have to see.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt this would happen, Sony's got Monster Hunter cornered on handhelds. Odds are I'd want more graphical power than 3D for this one. I'd be pretty damn awesome having a game that looks 5 times better than Monster Hunter Tri did with the portability of the PSP Monster Hunter games.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would much rather like to see Phantasy Star Online for 3DS... I was always more of a fan of PSO, even though a "real" traditional RPG sequel of PS would be amazing as well
tongue.gif

As I said PSO>MH so where`s my PS for 3DS SEGA???
biggrin.gif

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter 3DS may happen (I can see it happening) but only for Japan since it's not as popular here and that region lock may be the license the developers need to never localize the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse