Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used the Brazilian method to install my Wii U games (not loadiine) on a Wii U formatted drive. Both Assasin's Creed games are over 12G, Xenoblade Chronicles X is almost 20G. Again, how will this work with FAT32 drives with a 4G limit? Also, any knowledge regarding if the new Mocha will allow more than 299 games?

Complete games are of Course bigger than 4GB, but every game consists of many different files and those aren't bigger than 4GB, so it will work fine with Fat32 (BTW it did work with Loadiine on Fat32 formatted SD Cards as well). So no Need to worry ;)

Reactions: mostafa

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
can i Playing the legit games that install without mocha&WUPinstaller after running mocha ?

how to autuboot mocha ?

thanks

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the Brazilian method to install my Wii U games (not loadiine) on a Wii U formatted drive. Both Assasin's Creed games are over 12G, Xenoblade Chronicles X is almost 20G. Again, how will this work with FAT32 drives with a 4G limit? Also, any knowledge regarding if the new Mocha will allow more than 299 games?
So the limit is only for files and AFAIK they don't reach 4GB

C0mm4nd_ is saying that the 4GB limit is per file, and That limit does not apply to the total of the files in the directory. (got ninja'd there)

No extension of the system menu slot limit has been announced or even hinted at for Mocha. If you think about it, that's not the kind of thing that the OS functions would be handling. It should be under control of the system menu program, since that program has to keep track of where things are.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Man, with USB Helper + USB 2/3.0 speeds you can easily transfer/reinstall your titles, you know, is free for.you anyways...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i Playing the legit games that install without mocha&WUPinstaller after running mocha?
Yes. The patches that Mocha applies generally cause the system to give a positive response even if the real answer would have been negative. For example, "Is this signature ok?" gets an answer of "Yes, it's fine." even if the signature is no good.

In the case of a legitimate game, the answer would be "Yes, it's fine." whether the patch is active or not, so although legitimate games don't require the patches, they aren't affected by the patches.

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
how to autobooting mocha ?

Would you recommend me autoboot mocha ? not happening problem for console ?

please give me a video of autobooting mocha

my english language is not good

thanks

Last edited by mostafa,

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Use Coldboot Haxchi for this but it's a bit risky.

which level of autobooting may be have risk ?

in autubooting Action ?

or after autobooting ? every time that console boot the mocha ?
what happening for console if SD card not be in console when console is autobootin mocha state ?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which level of autobooting may be have risk ?

in autubooting Action ?

or after autobooting ? every time that console boot the mocha ?
what happening for console if SD card not be in console when console is autobootin mocha state ?
Okay it seems you are confusing a few things.
First of all: When you use Coldboot Haxchi you won't really need Mocha CFW as Haxchi has it's own CFW.
If the SD card with the homebrew you want to autoboot (no matter if it's Mocha, the HBL or something else) is not inserted you would get an error. Nothing bad, just put your SD back in again and you're fine.

The real danger is the DS game you "sacrifice" for CBHC.
If you install the normal (=non autoboot) Haxchi into it you can't destroy that much as you simply could remove and reinstall the game if you messed with something.
If you mess with the data of the game after you installed Coldboot Haxchi into it your system won't boot and your Wii U might rest in peace.

Reg123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C0mm4nd_ is saying that the 4GB limit is per file, and That limit does not apply to the total of the files in the directory. (got ninja'd there)

No extension of the system menu slot limit has been announced or even hinted at for Mocha. If you think about it, that's not the kind of thing that the OS functions would be handling. It should be under control of the system menu program, since that program has to keep track of where things are.
So, I understand that Loadiine games are mostly under 4G(s) and can work with FAT32 drives. Again, I already have my games on a Wii U formatted drive and will just have to wait for the new Mocha to decide what are my best options. In regards to the 299 Wii U game limit, are there devs currently working on this issues? I am not a programmer (no limited knowledge of the process) but was wondering how difficult to would be to alter the Wii U system menu to either increase the game limit or simply remove the limit all together. Also, can someone explain why Nintendo has 30 empty slots on the screen but no games are allowed to fill them? This makes no sense? Thanks for your response.

Last edited by Reg123,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to the 299 Wii U game limit, are there devs currently working on this issues? I am not a programmer (no limited knowledge of the process) but was wondering how difficult to would be to alter the Wii U system menu to either increase the game limit or simply remove the limit all together.
I'm going to leave it up to a/the mocha dev to speak up if they're considering working on the feature.
Also, can someone explain why Nintendo has 30 empty slots on the screen but no games are allowed to fill them?
Pretend that you're the programmer and you decided there would be 300 slots for performance reasons. So maybe you come up with a scheme like this:

Slot 1 is title 0005000010101a00, it's not in a folder, and it's on page 3, row 2, column 5.
Slot 2 is title 000500001010ec00, and it's in user folder 1, at row 1, column 4.
Slot 3 is title 000500001012bd00, it's not in a folder, and it's on page 6, row 1, column 1.
and so on.

You can see that this would make it very easy to move things around since all you'd have to do is change the location numbers, and one person could have a different layout from another on the same WiiU without messing with what the slots mean. And when you start up, you simply create menu pages as needed for whatever pages have something on them. So the 300 slots could be displayed in combinations of full pages, partially full pages, and folders, without requiring that any page be full before making another. But you'd still only have 300 slots.

That means that you could have tons of empty on-screen places to put things, but no empty slots in your program with which to keep track of new items.
(Note that I haven't studied the menu's files, but I'm probably not far off.)

Reg123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to leave it up to a/the mocha dev to speak up if they're considering working on the feature.
Pretend that you're the programmer and you decided there would be 300 slots for performance reasons. So maybe you come up with a scheme like this:

Slot 1 is title 0005000010101a00, it's not in a folder, and it's on page 3, row 2, column 5.
Slot 2 is title 000500001010ec00, and it's in user folder 1, at row 1, column 4.
Slot 3 is title 000500001012bd00, it's not in a folder, and it's on page 6, row 1, column 1.
and so on.

You can see that this would make it very easy to move things around since all you'd have to do is change the location numbers, and one person could have a different layout from another on the same WiiU without messing with what the slots mean. And when you start up, you simply create menu pages as needed for whatever pages have something on them. So the 300 slots could be displayed in combinations of full pages, partially full pages, and folders, without requiring that any page be full before making another. But you'd still only have 300 slots.

That means that you could have tons of empty on-screen places to put things, but no empty slots in your program with which to keep track of new items.
(Note that I haven't studied the menu's files, but I'm probably not far off.)
Thanks for the explanation, this makes a little more sense to me. I never figured how to get games into a folder. What are the steps to doing this? From your explanation, I know that the limit will still be the same. In the meanwhile, I hope that the devs are working on a fix/bypass for this limit.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never figured how to get games into a folder. What are the steps to doing this?
I have to stop you here. You're so far from talking about Mocha at this point that I'm sure you're starting to irritate those who asked to get notified when someone posts in this thread. They keep expecting to see something about Mocha.

Tap on an empty block. It'll change to a Create Folder icon. Tap that. Give it a name. Hold the icon you want to move and drag it over the folder until the folder opens up. Drag it to the block you want and let go.

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Crashing and Save Data
Hardware information:
-I've been playing EUR Knytt Underground for the last several days.
-The system has been left on since the first boot of the game.
-The game is stored on my external hard drive.
-My console is USA.

I encountered a "BZRRT" crash about 70-80% of the way through the game. Upon hard-powering the system, I booted Haxchi, and loaded Mocha. The first time I did this, Mocha did not load; instead, I was back at my original system menu. I repeated the process, and succeeded in reaching the Mocha NAND. I then booted up Knytt Underground and to my extreme dismay, my save data for the game was nowhere to be found. At all.

My questions are:
-What happened to my save data?
-How can I prevent this from happening again?

I remember with Gateway's earlier incarnations, to prevent loss of save data, the system occasionally had to be turned off properly, and then turned back on. This somehow 'finalized' the save data. Do I have to do something like that with Mocha? I'm rather disappointed I've lost ~15 hours of gameplay data, and I really want to make sure this does not come up again. :(

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Crashing and Save Data
Hardware information:
-I've been playing EUR Knytt Underground for the last several days.
-The system has been left on since the first boot of the game.
-The game is stored on my external hard drive.
-My console is USA.

I encountered a "BZRRT" crash about 70-80% of the way through the game. Upon hard-powering the system, I booted Haxchi, and loaded Mocha. The first time I did this, Mocha did not load; instead, I was back at my original system menu. I repeated the process, and succeeded in reaching the Mocha NAND. I then booted up Knytt Underground and to my extreme dismay, my save data for the game was nowhere to be found. At all.

My questions are:
-What happened to my save data?
-How can I prevent this from happening again?

I remember with Gateway's earlier incarnations, to prevent loss of save data, the system occasionally had to be turned off properly, and then turned back on. This somehow 'finalized' the save data. Do I have to do something like that with Mocha? I'm rather disappointed I've lost ~15 hours of gameplay data, and I really want to make sure this does not come up again. :(
All I can say is that to leave the system on for several days continuously is just insanity that is just asking for trouble. You should never leave any electrical equipment on for that length of time. You are lucky that the wiiu and hdd still work.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh. >.> I've gone months before with no issue. My PC is almost never turned off. It may be a bit wasteful, but it's not the issue I'm inquiring about. -_-

The answer to your question is that something 'wrong' happened, outside of mocha and normal Wii u operations. It may be a game bug or something else entirely. Maybe a heat issue. Regardless, you probably couldn't replicate it, and shouldn't worry about it from a mocha perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    get crackin'
    Well hmm got that Eeros 6+ router working so no need for a new one for now lol
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol