Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Chimerhazzard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi im about to install rednand with this i havent install it or coldboot on my wii u so far i understand what to do but i need help understanding what SEEPROM and OTP are? and what do they do?

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Hardware/SEEPROM
http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Hardware/OTP

TL;DR: SEEPROM and OTP are memory registers mostly programmed during the console's manufactoring. They mostly stay the same but SOME parts of them are changed during updates. Until now, we did not have SEEPROM and OTP redirection, which kinda sucks since Nintendo can just make an update which changes them and oops, redNAND was updated, sysNAND was not, SEEPROM AND OTP are shared and now your console is bricked. Mocha is awesome in the sense that it now redirects pretty much the whole system, so IN THEORY, you can update redNAND safely, sysnand and its SEEPROM AND OTP remains untouched and you have a hacked console on the latest firmware (in redNAND).

Reactions: Kappcy and Brawl345

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
does it matter if i have haxchi install already? should i uninstall it?
I'd recommend deleting your haxchi app and then reinstalling (to nand, not usb), should make the process smoother.

and i've fixed the starter pack link.

edit : after that please ask questions in the guide thread instead of here, this thread is specifically for mocha.

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. I had the same issue initially and I was finally able to make Mocha dump OTP and SEEPROM automatically. What I did was:

- Install and run Mocha 0.2
- In the config, I activated redNAND, SEEPROM and OTP redirection.
- The console booted my redNAND. I waited a bit and then opened the system settings app. Here I just messed around a little bit, went to network connections, data management. Didn't do anything in particular, I just wanted to try and make the Wii U access the SEEPROM / OTP somehow, so that Mocha would dump them.
- Turned off the console. Took off the SD card, connected it to my PC.
- used sdio_nand_managerv1.3 (as admininstrator), chose SEEPROM, hit the DUMP button and voila! I now have a seeprom.bin (512 bytes) and a otp.bin! (1024 bytes).

This did the trick. Thanks.

Reactions: Chimerhazzard

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what does all this cfw and mocha stuff do? Can't we already play backups and homebrew and go to homebrew launcher?

specillk111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean we can install anything on the Wii U now? And have the Wii U totally offline and run any game we want?

Anyone have a link to an easy and understandable tutorial please?

Reactions: zeldaism

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As demanded by 8BitBang here is the Cup Splash Screen without Kari:
Mocha Cup.png

It's alongside my other splash screens in the attached ZIP.

Attachments

• launch_image.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 205

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
@dimok or others : it's important to dump the SEEPROM and the OTP and why it's important ?

My Wii U work very well with Mocha CFW on Default setting without these files...

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everything was fine, I've installed many games o my RedNAND, after setup mocha with my RedNAND the games still playable but every time I try to install bigger games (>4gb), the install fail (both in wupinstaller y mod and SysConfig tool)!!! It says that I have to reformat my sd with 32k cluster or replace it. Both done and it continue to fail. I've tried to instal to SysNAND and fail again. I'v formated my SysNAND and created a brand new RedNAND, on both it continue to fail, reformated my hdd, changed the usb ports, even bought a new USB Y cable and nothing.
All this was done trying with my precompiled fw.img (without mocha) and with mocha...
I don't Know what else I can do...

Edit:

I'v also tried diferent versions of the Wupinstaller y Mod.

Last edited by Rodrigo Mafra,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM