Gaming MKWii: Cleaning discs

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have put in the disc, followed the instructions and it said "Error: Failed to initialise the USB storage device"
I thought you said you could with an SD Card.

I believe you need to change a setting

You can you just need to change directories/paths of certain things (Such as where the games are loaded.)
Not going to get all technical here but you could pretty much figure it out on your own without any hassle should be in the Hard Drive & Directories/paths, since a USB Device is not loading its basically going to load your SD Card, SD Card App's, and Wii Channels. Instead of just the Hard Drive.

Only problem is you cannot remove the Wii Channels because by default in USB Loader GX its required to load up the USB Files, not SD. (Which means every time you load it up with an SD you will get "error no USB Device Recognized, loading Wii Channel List Mode." Or something similar like that

There might be a easier way to rip the game in your case, google search for a program called "cleanrip". with that you can choose where to rip gamecube/wii games and should be easier to deal with.

Clean RIP is also great for Ripping the games off of the Wii. It add's the ISO in your SD Card once completed offering the ability to put it manually on your SD if you cannot get USB Loader GX to install the games.
The Wii ISO will have to go in a folder named wbfs for it to load on USB Loader GX. (I think)

Last edited by petethepug,
Reactions: cvskid

Allanbuzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unrecovered Read Error.
Would it be simple if I gave you what my disc looks like?
o7sCyPD.jpg

Reactions: DaFixer

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unrecovered Read Error.
Would it be simple if I gave you what my disc looks like?
o7sCyPD.jpg
Wow, not even a disc repair cleaner would help with that. You will have to find a copy of the game somewhere. If you can't find a pal copy anywhere you might have to get a ntsc copy and use usbloader gx to set the video mode to force pal50 or force pal60.

Last edited by cvskid,

Allanbuzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, not even a disc repair cleaner would help with that. You will have to find a copy of the game somewhere. If you can't find a pal copy anywhere you might have to get a ntsc copy and use usbloader gx to set the video mode to force pal50 or force pal60.
Is there a NTSC-U file I need to download?

Allanbuzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I installed the NTSC-U file. Now, if I were to use a ISO on USB Loader using a SD Card, how exactly would you do it?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I installed the NTSC-U file. Now, if I were to use a ISO on USB Loader using a SD Card, how exactly would you do it?
Make a folder on the root of your sd card called "games" and one called "wbfs" all lower case. Put the game inside of the games folder if it is a iso and and it should show up in usbloader gx.

If not than use wiibackup manager on a pc to convert the iso file into a wbfs file and put it inside of the wbfs folder. Converting it to a wbfs will also make the game size smaller.

Last edited by cvskid,

Allanbuzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay. I am having issues running the file, mainly due to my Mac saying the file is too large for the volume's format. My SD Card is 8GB with FAT32.

I guess I'll never be able to run MKWii :(

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I am having issues running the file, mainly due to my Mac saying the file is too large for the volume's format. My SD Card is 8GB with FAT32.

I guess I'll never be able to run MKWii :(
Are you directly trying to put the iso file on your sd card or did you convert it to wbfs first?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
people say I need plain, white toothpaste, but I don't have enough money to get it.

Come on, really now!?
So cheap to not even get toothpaste to rescue a disk!?

Seriously tho, if you want your disks to last (MKwii retail prolly costed around 40 quid) I'd let them polish.

Allanbuzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, so I have installed the WBFS into my SD Card, Game ID in all.
The problem is figuring out the UI of USB Loader GX, which the program doesn't see the WBFS file.
What do I need to do?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Right, so I have installed the WBFS into my SD Card, Game ID in all.
The problem is figuring out the UI of USB Loader GX, which the program doesn't see the WBFS file.
What do I need to do?
You need to change the path to load the games from usb to sd from USBLoaderGX Settings..

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I found a setting called Custom Paths, but I don't know which path I need to change.
Wait, you are trying to run a Wii game, USBLoaderGX does NOT support loading Wii games from SD Card AFAIK, it only supports loading Gamecube games from SD Card.
So, in my opinion, you should use another loader like Wiiflow..

Allanbuzzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, you are trying to run a Wii game, USBLoaderGX does NOT support loading Wii games from SD Card AFAIK, it only supports loading Gamecube games from SD Card.
So, in my opinion, you should use another loader like Wiiflow..
May I ask you, Wiiflow has a mod that uses Wiimmfi.
Airline38 uploaded it on a file-sharing site and its gotten lost.
SO I CAN'T GET WIIFLOW. I NEED A WIIMMFI SUPPORTED PROGRAM!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up