Gaming MK7 Mario Kart Channel not in 3DS menu?

manuel1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mh, why would they call it channel than, what it does could also be integrated into the MK main menu...
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38034/Nintendo_Announces_Mario_Kart_7_3DS_Channel_New_3DS_Titles.php

strange...

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Same for me. Did they specifically say there would be a mario kart channel on the 3DS menu like the wii? If so then maybe they are waiting for it to be released everywhere before adding it with an update or something.

Btw im online if anyone wants to play. ill Lurk in the gbatemp community for 10mins (my sig) if noone comes ill just play in the mario one.

manuel1984

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why would you need a Channel when the save is on your StreetPass list anyway ?
MK Wii had such a Channel.
You mean we will get a Message when new data is available...hm...what about spotpass?

Anyway, I understood the whole thing differently.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Mario Kart 7 didn't need the new update?

Maybe with the update it could be able to install the channel.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just received a Spotpass notification without having Mario Kart 7 on the console, so then, no need for a channel.

That's how spotpass works, it's stored on your sdcard, then read by the software/application when needed.

It was to confirm it worked, mostly for others. I already know it worked myself.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Mario Kart Wii channel was just basically a shortcut to access the Mario Kart Channel without having to insert the disk. Maybe the channel will be available to download in the eShop with the upcoming (now December) update, which will include eShop upgrades. Just a thought though.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It would probably have been more useful than the Wii channel, what with Streetpass and all that, also considering many people would only carry around one game at a time and Mario Kart may not be one of them. With the Wii everybody had all their games together on a shelf or something.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There won't be a channel, because it would be useless, period.
Did you play Kart Wii? All of the leaderboards and such were accessible from the menu. You could also launch from there I believe.

Kart 7 lacks this and also missing time trial leaderboards as a whole

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.