Minecraft is digging into the Wii U eShop

Minecraft-Earth-banner_6804147_lrg.jpg

It is official folks! Minecraft for Wii U has been announced today and will even feature off screen play! It comes on the eShop December 17th, and will cost 29.99USD.

We’ll have more to share on Minecraft: Wii U Edition closer to its release. Looking forward to welcoming you to the world of Minecraft, Nintendo fans!

The game will feature off-TV play, so players can keep their games going on the screen of the Wii U GamePad controller if another family member wants to watch something else on TV. The game also comes with some of the most popular current Minecraft add-on content packs:

• Battle & Beasts Skin Pack
  • Battle & Beasts 2 Skin Pack
  • Natural Texture Pack
  • City Texture Pack
  • Fantasy Texture Pack
  • Festive Mash-up Pack
“With so many included add-on content packs, Minecraft: Wii U Edition brings an exciting collection of Minecraft content and experiences to Nintendo fans,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s President and COO. “Wii U players will have plenty of reasons to keep coming back to this iconic gaming experience.”

In addition to the content that comes with the game, players will also be able to expand their experience with 16 additional add-on packs available for purchase within the Nintendo eShop at launch:

1. Festive Skin Pack
2. The Simpsons Skin Pack
3. Doctor Who Skins Volume 1
4. Doctor Who Skins Volume 2
5. Star Wars Classic Skin Pack
6. Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack
7. Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack
8. Mass Effect Mash-up Pack
9. Skyrim Mash-up Pack
10. Plastic Texture Pack
11. Candy Texture Pack
12. Cartoon Texture Pack
13. Steampunk Texture Pack
14. Pattern Texture Pack
15. Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack
16. Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack
More add-on packs will also be available for the game in the future.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by BurningDesire,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Minecraft is so old. If this is their " Big announcement. " I'm'a be pissed. I cannot take this seriously from Nintendo. What would make me more hyped: " Terraria confirmed release date. " That's big news. Silly little overrated block mining piece of--- never mind... Anyways, Nintendo, don't disappoint us... We're counting on you! DX

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Minecraft is so old. If this is their " Big announcement. " I'm'a be pissed. I cannot take this seriously from Nintendo. What would make me more hyped: " Terraria confirmed release date. " That's big news. Silly little overrated block mining piece of--- never mind... Anyways, Nintendo, don't disappoint us... We're counting on you! DX
It's not a bad game really
You just need to find the right people to play it with

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybeee...

Maybe the're going to launch another Professor Layton serie. That Would be BIG.(please, let me dream, becuz i know that it simply aint gonna happen)
Nope!
Professor Layton is my favourite gaming franchise ever, and unfortunantly there are only 6 instalments.
I think it's for the better as it makes sure it won't be milked.
What I'm hoping is a remake of Curious Village with everything they learned in the last 5 games. Curious Village hasn't aged very well :|

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's not a bad game really
You just need to find the right people to play it with
It's way too overpriced for that silly little game. Get armor, get weapons, go to the Nether, bla bla. They want me to pay $55 for that bullcrap. Ha-- no. $20? Oky, yes, I'll pay it. But lmao I'm not handing over that much on such a little game.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's way too overpriced for that silly little game. Get armor, get weapons, go to the Nether, bla bla. They want me to pay $55 for that bullcrap. Ha-- no. $20? Oky, yes, I'll pay it. But lmao I'm not handing over that much on such a little game.
Little?
Mod it and come back after that :-)
The magic of minecraft is its modding community, Have you seen direwolf, pahimar, azanor, soaryn, dan200, eloraam, lexos? Brilliant people!
The technic and magic mods are endless! I haven't touched Vanilla and it's like a brand new game!

Last edited by MrJason005,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Little?
Mod it and come back after that :-)
The magic of minecraft is its modding community, Have you seen direwolf, pahimar, azanor, soaryn, dan200, eloraam, lexos? Brilliant people!
That's the thing. If I need to modify a game just to make it good, I'm not dishing out money for it. You don't understand my financial status.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig +1