Hardware MIND BLOWN! Maybe the Best Damn GC/Wii U controllers EVER!

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
gotta test that one to see if it doesn't broke at the first play
this one looks more like a proper game cube controller.
Why, of course. This is made by Hori not some dodgy company that includes fake analogue triggers on their controllers and before you know it, the analogue sticks goes loose too.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
This was the dealbreaker for me. Having to press the triggers all the way down just to register a digital press seriously threw my game off. Same problem I had with actual GameCube controllers in Brawl.
Not to mention in Sm4sh Wii U while online where you use it the most! well, I guess I can repair my controller, while I save for this baby! so I can play outside the smash too!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He bought one of the crappy controllers and really, it's good to bring it up.

This thread is 16 pages long. By now, we all know that the PDP gamepads are of a weaker build. Doesn't mean that someone who buys a PDP pad does not have the right to enjoy their purchase. I have two PDP pads. I enjoy my pads and for me, more importantly, the PDP pads match the Wii Remotes better than the ones made by Hori. Do you have a PDP pad? Maybe you should try one first.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
This thread is 16 pages long. By now, we all know that the PDP gamepads are of a weaker build. Doesn't mean that someone who buys a PDP pad does not have the right to enjoy their purchase. I have two PDP pads. I enjoy my pads and for me, more importantly, the PDP pads match the Wii Remotes better than the ones made by Hori. Do you have a PDP pad? Maybe you should try one first.
I already tried it at a store and didn't like them. The only thing that has going for it are the designs and even that isn't that great either.

Btw, I had the impression the Hyperkin Pro GameCube Wii U controller was Wii and Wii U but it's just Wii U, so it's basically nothing more than a WUPC in a GameCube shell with a shorter battery life. I'll stick to Wiimote + Hori 'cause I don't play Wii games that often anyway (the best ones tend to work best with Wiimote anyway).

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Btw, I had the impression the Hyperkin Pro GameCube Wii U controller was Wii and Wii U but it's just Wii U, so it's basically nothing more than a WUPC in a GameCube shell with a shorter battery life. I'll stick to Wiimote + Hori 'cause I don't play Wii games that often anyway (the best ones tend to work best with Wiimote anyway).
Really? I figured that from the getgo, and it's the main reason I like it. If it read as a Wii classic controller, there'd be far fewer Wii U games that it would work with.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
276888-sup.jpg

don't know if he has, but sure he doesn't have bicarbonate and Kola-Loka™
didn't even knew that there where brands until recently.
it's better than new now! that's what's matter now.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've taken a look at the PDP and Hori ones. I prefer the Hori gamepads overall. Though, I think the D-pad is slightly better on the PDP ones. Though, if you're looking for a good D-Pad, the Classic Pro Controller is better. Too bad it would take a lot of work to put together a Classic Controller with the best of both Hori's analog sticks and Nintendo's D-Pad.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have this PDP Luigi Pad render in a hi-res?
I don't, but, out of curiosity, why do you need one?
I've taken a look at the PDP and Hori ones. I prefer the Hori gamepads overall. Though, I think the D-pad is slightly better on the PDP ones.
Funny, because I feel oppositely. The PDP dpads certainly feel nice, but I notice I I tended to accidentally hit the wrong direction when trying to pull off a certain taunt a LOT with the PDP pads, whereas I didn't have that problem at all with the Hori ones. Plus the Hori dpad is bigger, making it better than even the actual GameCube dpad, in my opinion. Though I agree, I wouldn't use either controller for dpad-centric games either way.

Last edited by TripleSMoon,
Reactions: TecXero

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
While I liked the NGC controller I've always hated the freaking tiny D-PAD that it had but most games I played were analogue stick-based, so didn't matter much I think. Shame it didn't have two shoulder buttons, either.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
While I liked the NGC controller I've always hated the freaking tiny D-PAD that it had but most games I played were analogue stick-based, so didn't matter much I think. Shame it didn't have two shoulder buttons, too.
The weird thing about the GameCube controller is that, while having a bad dpad, the control stick works pretty well for side scrollers. I regularly play Sonic Mega Collection and most GB/C/A games (via GB player) with the control stick, without issue. I can't say the same for any other controller's analog stick.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I tried playing Battle Stadium D.O.N with GameCube's D-PAD and just couldn't, it was too small for my thumb to use it properly. I would've taken my 360's clumsy D-PAD over GameCube's believe it or not. :P

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't, but, out of curiosity, why do you need one?
I'm making a review post (at another site in a Russian segment) about classic controllers & want to use this type of renders for a PDP series. Unfortunately I can't find the Luigi one while all others are available in a 1024×1024 or even 1500×1500.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-