Milk is bad for you

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much flawed info in this thread that one does not know where to start...

But to begin... I will mention that if you're worried about antibiotics in milk (one of the few legitimate concerns I've seen here), one simply has to look for a label on the milk that states "comes from cows not treated with RBST." You don't have to buy organic for it- many milks bear the label now.

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So much flawed info in this thread that one does not know where to start...

But to begin... I will mention that if you're worried about antibiotics in milk (one of the few legitimate concerns I've seen here), one simply has to look for a label on the milk that states "comes from cows not treated with RBST." You don't have to buy organic for it- many milks bear the label now.

Where are the studies disproving me?
Second of all I don't car about the anibiotics in milk, but the massive amounts they give to the cows so they can survive in those horrible places.
This leads to bacteria getting resistent to antibiotics.

Reactions: IC_ and yuyuyup

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Have to change even fewer lyrics than I imagined.

The alternative

I do actually own and frequently wear a bowler hat as well. Not sure if I can pull off white braces but I do hear notched belts are bad for you so if I can not get away with a skater style belt in a suit I will go there as well.

Anyway opinion seems to come and go on this milk lark. Assuming it is not going to straight up kill me or injure me (and for all that is said most things usually boil down to try not to drink 5l a day)

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In one of the studies linked, all it says is that milk intake does not decrease the risk of fractures. Does that have anything to do with anything? I can drink 2 gallons of milk a day or drink none, and I'm pretty sure my lifestyle determines if I'm at risk for fractures or not.
Do I play full-contact sports? Is my risk for fractures higher if I play full-contact sports? Yes. Does milk intake have anything to do with that? No.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Keyword "reduced" indeed - so they do produce milk either way? Thanks for proving my point. Either way, I don't feel bad for cows getting "raped" as you say because they're farm animals - their sole purpose in life is to provide us with produce, no domesticated cow can survive in the wild and as a species they exist exclusively because we breed them.

B12 defficiency is a condition that affects vegans and vegetarians specifically, there are studies that back that up. Your idiotic diet is unsustainable and you're only able to function because of pharmaceuticals like supplements.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/20030618/vegetarian-diet-b12-deficiency

The study found that B12 defficiency affected 92% of vegans tested. Whoops.

The study you linked doesn't prove that milk "melts bones", it proves that milk consumption has no correlation to bone fractures - it's on the first page.

You are a certified, bona fide nutjob.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
>Now let's think logically here, will businesses whose goal is to maximiae their profits rape cows for more money?
>Yes, in fact they do.

So if you keep a pet cow, it's okay to grape cows for milk?
And I'm sure sexual abuse victims will be happy to see you equate milking cows to being penetrated against their will. Nice.
Calling a staff member retarded for having the audacity to argue with you was also a nice touch. Maybe you'll get lucky and nobody will report you.
To the EOF with you troll.

he/she was talking about the fact that milk cows do get artificially inseminated (which, coincidentally, requires a fist up th cows vagina) to increase milk yields.

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

No, the websites you linked are bullshit websites with no scientific sources.
You can't believe everyhing on the internet.

In one of the studies linked, all it says is that milk intake does not decrease the risk of fractures. Does that have anything to do with anything? I can drink 2 gallons of milk a day or drink none, and I'm pretty sure my lifestyle determines if I'm at risk for fractures or not.
Do I play full-contact sports? Is my risk for fractures higher if I play full-contact sports? Yes. Does milk intake have anything to do with that? No.

Do I have to spell it out for you?
Bad bones = the fracture quicker
How else are you going to test bone health in a population study?
you take the same groups, make on group consume dairy products while the other one doesn't then you check both data.

How old are you and do you even study anything?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though the media tries to brainwash people, milk does not
Strengthen your bones and it is not the best source of calcium.
Even if you're not a vegan you should accept this. :)

-gyno because of all the hormones
-excess use of antibiotics which creates resistant bacteria
-possible acidation of your blood which needs calcium to make it back neutral which weakens
Your bones because the calcium comes from there
-cows get raped to get milk

I don't know about this video.. However, it's true that a Milk is not design for us to drink it. Do the research. This video is something else that I doubt. I always intend to keep my mind open so you should do the same. Again, MILK is not good for you. Its the fact.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that there are tests for bone mineral density right? And those same tests are used for osteoporosis patients before during and after treatment. Did you know that the doctor's recommendation of increased milk intake increased bone density when the patients were tested later?

Reactions: WeedZ

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You know that there are tests for bone mineral density right? And those same tests are used for osteoporosis patients before during and after treatment. Did you know that the doctor's recommendation of increased milk intake increased bone density when the patients were tested later?

Did you know that they can't test every single person they observe in a POPULATION STUDY because that's expensive and time consuming?

DID YOU KNOW THAT DOCTORS ONLY GET A FEW HOURS OF NUTRITIONAL SCIENCE IN THE YEARS THEY STUDY???

Keyword "reduced" indeed - so they do produce milk either way? Thanks for proving my point. Either way, I don't feel bad for cows getting "raped" as you say because they're farm animals - their sole purpose in life is to provide us with produce, no domesticated cow can survive in the wild and as a species they exist exclusively because we breed them.

B12 defficiency is a condition that affects vegans and vegetarians specifically, there are studies that back that up. Your idiotic diet is unsustainable and you're only able to function because of pharmaceuticals like supplements.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/20030618/vegetarian-diet-b12-deficiency

The study found that B12 defficiency affected 92% of vegans tested. Whoops.

The study you linked doesn't prove that milk "melts bones", it proves that milk consumption has no correlation to bone fractures - it's on the first page.

You are a certified, bona fide nutjob.

What I see here is 'hurrr durr a lot of vegans are B12 defficient so I'm going to keep harming my body and your proof is not legit'

Also, learn to read: 'Consumption of dairy products, particularly at age 20 years, was associated with an increased risk of hip fracture in old age'
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/815447

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"You can't believe everyhing on the internet."

Ding ding ding!

You win a cookie!

Everything you do, everything you eat, everything you inhale is another step to an eventual death.
We are not immortal. And there will always be a chicken little screaming about how "something" is horrible and we should all stop the dastardly practice of enjoying it.

What I do know is that (at least in the first world), human lifespans are at an astounding level, where a person can reasonably live past seventy while still maintaining physical and mental capacity. And this is despite the fact that, statistically, almost all of us drink milk on a daily basis.

In fact, I think I'll have some now.

Ssssuper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ding ding ding!

You win a cookie!

Everything you do, everything you eat, everything you inhale is another step to an eventual death.
We are not immortal. And there will always be a chicken little screaming about how "something" is horrible and we should all stop the dastardly practice of enjoying it.

What I do know is that (at least in the first world), human lifespans are at an astounding level, where a person can reasonably live past seventy while still maintaining physical and mental capacity. And this is despite the fact that, statistically, almost all of us drink milk on a daily basis.

In fact, I think I'll have some now.

Good for you, I'm just trying to inform people.
Drink whatever you want, it's your body.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Correct - I want to know the controls in that study. Chances are that people who drank milk were normal human beings that do sports and use cars (ergo can injure themselves) as opposed to pussified vegans who spend their days hugging trees.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone