Gaming MewTwo has returned as DLC for Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't watched any Pokemon movies in a long time, but I can't say I'd really care if the voice actor is male or female. I'd even be fine with no voice acting at all, as long as the character is satisfying to play. I can't imagine gender will alter the play style of Mewtwo.

nothing will change about his gameplay but his voice in melee and project m are just too bad ass to change.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing will change about his gameplay but his voice in melee and project m are just too bad ass to change.
I'd imagine Mewtwo's final smash would be a mega evolution. It could be interesting if you could choose the gender as a way to pick between Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y. If they do use a female voice actor, I'm sure they'll find someone sinister sounding. Either that, or they'll completely drop the ball on the voice acting.

adragon123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine Mewtwo's final smash would be a mega evolution. It could be interesting if you could choose the gender as a way to pick between Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y. If they do use a female voice actor, I'm sure they'll find someone sinister sounding. Either that, or they'll completely drop the ball on the voice acting.

That would be great. In the movie the female Mewtwo was mega Y and didn't sound sinister at all, in fact she sounded real nice and gentle, hence my first comment.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be great. In the movie the female Mewtwo was mega Y and didn't sound sinister at all, in fact she sounded real nice and gentle, hence my first comment.
Ah ok. Well, we'll see how it turns out. I've never been big on the Pokemon anime, I always preferred Pokemon Adventures. I'm sure HAL will do what they can to capture the spirit of Mewtwo, none the less.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Pokémons on Smash Bros. is as far as we'll get until Pokén Tournament is available in the west on home console / handhelds by Nintendo. I wish they'd hurry that up 'cause I'd love to play Pokén Tournament rather than Smash Bros. with Pokémons.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokémons on Smash Bros. is as far as we'll get until Pokén Tournament is available in the west on home console / handhelds by Nintendo. I wish they'd hurry that up 'cause I'd love to play Pokén Tournament rather than Smash Bros. with Pokémons.
Why? It's just Tekken with pokemon instead of Smash with pokemon.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
HcMh7lu.jpg

This feels like it's truly a Pokémon fighting game of its own and with 3D perspective (behind-the-shoulder).

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait why would you be cautious about buying a game because it has a "brawl vibe"? Do you even know how crazy that sounds, now try saying it back to yourself.

Seriously though there was nothing wrong with Brawl. I know that some people hated it because it was a little different than Melee. Melee fanboys I won't ever understand.

Brawl had a lot of things I didn't care for and I didn't enjoy the game all that much. Saying I won't buy a sequel to a game I didn't really enjoy because it's giving off the same vibes is a smart move. Why would I buy something I'm not 100% sure on? now THAT sounds crazy(seriously think about it for a minute). Before you say anything else consider this, I never said I wouldn't rent the game. Try before ye buy.

Reactions: TecXero

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brawl had a lot of things I didn't care for and I didn't enjoy the game all that much. Saying I won't buy a sequel to a game I didn't really enjoy because it's giving off the same vibes is a smart move. Why would I buy something I'm not 100% sure on? now THAT sounds crazy(seriously think about it for a minute). Before you say anything else consider this, I never said I wouldn't rent the game. Try before ye buy.
I liked a lot of the features Brawl brought in. For me it was one of the things that made it a better game and I'm not basing my argument on "physics". Smash for the Wii U will be awesome even just for the new features but chief amoung them is the 8 player mode. I've wanted that for years.

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
So do you guys think they'll make everyone download the same content so that people will be able to show off MewTwo online? I'm kinda hoping that'll be the case so that I can get access to him without buying the Wii U version.

...Or buying the 3DS version, now that I think about it. :unsure:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So do you guys think they'll make everyone download the same content so that people will be able to show off MewTwo online? I'm kinda hoping that'll be the case so that I can get access to him without buying the Wii U version.

Probably, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use him in local multiplayer either. (note that there's still no way to get hacked DLC on the 3DS, and the WiiU is not even near something like that, so don't get your hopes up)

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It will definitely be paid DLC for those owning one version.
The reason ninty is not saying it is because they expect people to buy both version in order to make maximum profit.

I expect ninty to say that it will be paid DLC near the release of the DLC. People will rage, but that's one strategy to entice customer into buyong a product, especially with the way Smash 4 has been handled so far.
far
They will definitely update the games so that u can see mewtwo in the game, but u will not be able to acess it until u pay it.

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

OP
Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Probably, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use him in local multiplayer either. (note that there's still no way to get hacked DLC on the 3DS, and the WiiU is not even near something like that, so don't get your hopes up)

No, I mean editing the save file to unlock him. You could be right, though. The way to unlock him could be stored in a "DLC Key". If you have the DLC, he's automatically available in the game.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, I mean editing the save file to unlock him. You could be right, though. The way to unlock him could be stored in a "DLC Key". If you have the DLC, he's automatically available in the game.
I can almost guarantee it won't be as simple as editing the save file. That would be pants on head stupid. Pretty much everyone does it by having a few KB DLC file that unlocks it.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can almost guarantee it won't be as simple as editing the save file. That would be pants on head stupid. Pretty much everyone does it by having a few KB DLC file that unlocks it.
True dat.
. It's been done since NSMB2 I think. If it was DAT easy, it would have been done ages ago eith all the previous titles

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
where is my snake dlc

:angry:

give it time... if the MewTwo DLC turns out to be a financial success, then I'm pretty positive, we will see a couple more of those coming
snake was one of my favourites in Brawl, so I'm hoping to see him again, too :-)
actually, if the prices are decent, I'd buy a whole bunch of new characters, if they decide to create more

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm thinking that if you use Mewtwo online the service will automatically matchmake you to someone who also has Mewtwo so everyone's none the wiser.

If you're playing with a friend who doesn't have Mewtwo it'll probably be banned like Miis in anonymous online matches.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its nice to see that Nintendo is figuring out this DLC thing, but it will take time for them to understand how it really works. Sony and Microsoft had all last gen to get it right and nintendo is just starting.

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully Mewtwo should have a different move pool :|
Not a downstraight clone ...
Don't need more clone wars T>T

Oh Well, In my opinion, Nintendo handles DLC well
Cheap for Huge amount of content ...

Maybe well get bundled DLC stages along Mewtwo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission