Gaming MewTwo has returned as DLC for Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part Nintendo has done a great job when it comes to dlc. I can only think of 1 example where they totally messed up big time. The Fire Emblem Awakening 3ds DLC. Now before everyone grabs the pitch forks hear me out. I think the extra content is great my problem is the huge price tag that comes with it. To get all the dlc is sooo much more than the original game itself. If they wanted to priced it all together cheaper like $15 or even $20 I think that would be better.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part Nintendo has done a great job when it comes to dlc. I can only think of 1 example where they totally messed up big time. The Fire Emblem DLC. Now before everyone grabs the pitch forks hear me out. I think the extra content is great my problem is the huge price tag that comes with it. To get all the dlc is sooo much more than the original game itself. If they wanted to priced it all together cheaper like $15 or even $20 I think that would be better.

When Nintendo has just started doing DLC (this is not in their favor, mind you) and it's immediately marked by everyone complaining about Fire Emblem's DLC, I don't think that constitutes a "great job."

Plus this is pretty stupid as well. Forcing people to buy both versions of a game to get one character is rather dumb.

Reactions: BORTZ

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
OK for one thing, the game has used the same controls for all 3 (dunno about the 3DS one since I've never played) games and I haven't seen that change at all so that's bull crap.

"sliding around" and "jumping weird". Your going to have to give me a better argument than that for why Melee was better than Brawl. The adventure mode in Brawl was OK but I liked the brawl mode better.

It sounds like they changed a few things in Brawl and you can't take it. Typical Melee fanboys, I have absolutely no time for them.

I'm not talking about the general controls, blocking, walking back and forth, four smash attacks, four special moves. yes thats all the same. yet the characters all controlled a lot more spot on in melee. if you play both games one after the other, its a night and day difference. controlls were simply much more responsive in melee. and if you can't agree on that, you probably never played both games in the first place. the 3ds game is pretty solid middle ground between the two games, but still not quite as responsive as melee was. which might very well have to do with the 3ds pad and buttons though

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When Nintendo has just started doing DLC (this is not in their favor, mind you) and it's immediately marked by everyone complaining about Fire Emblem's DLC, I don't think that constitutes a "great job."

Plus this is pretty stupid as well. Forcing people to buy both versions of a game to get one character is rather dumb.
Chances are he'll be available as regular paid DLC as well, you'll just get him free if you buy both versions. At least they never mentioned he was exclusive to buying both versions, so that's my guess. (if it is exclusive that is indeed dumb)

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not talking about the general controls, blocking, walking back and forth, four smash attacks, four special moves. yes thats all the same. yet the characters all controlled a lot more spot on in melee. if you play both games one after the other, its a night and day difference. controlls were simply much more responsive in melee. and if you can't agree on that, you probably never played both games in the first place. the 3ds game is pretty solid middle ground between the two games, but still not quite as responsive as melee was. which might very well have to do with the 3ds pad and buttons though
Believe me I played both games to death. Melee was just not as good for me. I preferred Brawl for all of the new features it added not to mention it added some good characters and got rid of those crappy clones. The 3DS is the only one I would never play simply because of the D Pad.

I beg to differ on the control of the characters though. Say for instance Kirby, my favorite character controls much better in Brawl than he ever did in Melee. That's a matter of fact.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Believe me I played both games to death. Melee was just not as good for me. I preferred Brawl for all of the new features it added not to mention it added some good characters and got rid of those crappy clones. The 3DS is the only one I would never play simply because of the D Pad.

I beg to differ on the control of the characters though. Say for instance Kirby, my favorite character controls much better in Brawl than he ever did in Melee. That's a matter of fact.
You can't even use the dpad, except for taunts. How is it an issue?

KasaiWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't even use the dpad, except for taunts. How is it an issue?
Sorry I meant to say the Thumb pad. Although I would have liked it better if you could have used the D Pad to play. Would have saved a lot of 3DS's from a horrible thumb padless fate lol.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry I meant to say the Thumb pad. Although I would have liked it better if you could have used the D Pad to play. Would have saved a lot of 3DS's from a horrible thumb padless fate lol.
How would you even do things like aim Zelda's teleport with a dpad? 8 angles really isn't enough for that.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree, actually, and hope that this isn't exclusive for having both versions. Because there are people that have the 3DS version and don't want the Wii U version, or have the Wii U but don't want the 3DS version. Unless he'll be available on the eShop later on, that is a pretty dick move on their part. Either way, people will have to spend a shitload of money to get him.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how people still get upset over DLC that's on-cartridge or on-disc. Or how they think that they actually own the games they've purchased. :rofl2:

tl;dr It doesn't matter if data is on the storage medium or not, you don't own it either way, what you own is a license to use a given piece of software or its portion. When you "buy a game", you don't actually buy it as a tangible object, you buy the right to play it and a storage medium it's stored on, the "game" itself is completely intangible.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah 'cause now everyone copies Capcom's stinking awful mentality. Well, Bandai Namco is certainly following Capcom's bullshit. Just take a look at Xenoverse's "DLC".
What's the problem? Do you own the license for the DLC? No? You can't access it then. This isn't something Capcom invented, it's merely something that wasn't used with video games very often. Take Windows installation discs as an example - often times they have more than one "flavour" of Windows on them, but you only get to install the one you have the key for.
Choose_Windows_7_SKU.png
Say, you have a key for Starter. You can't install Ultimate - it's on-disc, but you can't install it unless you purchase an Ultimate key. The Ultimate features and files are on the disc, but you can't use them until you pay for them. Makes sense? Of course it does, but people still whine about it.

Reactions: NEP

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I remember being able to install any of those editions and use them for 30 days so they're still accessible.

Foxi4, please don't try to defend their bullshit politics they're in the wrong and shouldn't be doing this. Back in the days companies didn't pull this bs.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I remember being able to install any of those editions and use them for 30 days so they're still accessible.
As a trial. You can't actually install and use them for longer than a month unless you buy a key.
Foxi4, please don't try to defend their bullshit politics they're in the wrong and shouldn't be doing this. Back in the days companies didn't pull this bs.
Because "back in the days" storage was hard to come by and companies had to cut corners to fit their games onto a small cartridge. Nowadays there's an abundance of storage, so they can fill the disc with whatever they feel like and give the players access to the additional content whenever they feel like it.

tl;dr It's entirely okay once you realize what you actually buy and own. People think that once they buy a video game on a disc or a cartridge, they own the whole game and all the content on said medium. You don't, you never own the game, whoever made it owns it - you own the right to use it at a pre-defined capacity.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If they want to charge for additional content then they shouldn't have it on the disc already, and don't tell me it's for convenience as that alone already makes them look bad.

Paying for something the customer already owns is just stealing.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If they want to charge for additional content then they shouldn't have it on the disc already, and don't tell me it's for convenience as that alone already makes them look bad.

Paying for something the customer already owns is just stealing.
That's my point. You don't own it. It's on the disc, but you don't own it. You don't have the license for it, it's not yours, just like you don't own Windows Professional when you buy Windows Home. It's on the disc, but you don't have the license for it - you need to buy a license and then it's yours, or rather, the right to use it is yours.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nope, Foxi4.

You may want to think like that but as far as I'm concerned what I buy belongs to me and I do what I want with it and for instances like these it's good that consoles are hackable so those same customers can fight back by playing the content they already own on their discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay