• Views 10,960
  • Replies 57
  • Likes 3

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to try the demo soon. I hope I can get the hang of it without the circle pad pro. Dont want to purchase that just for 1 game.
i dont have the CPP, and i got to the first boss on Extreme mode (they see you and its game over)

i just beat the game and...damn...that was awesome.

Edit: though, i have ordered the CPP, it will be about a week / 12 days before it gets here. :(

Edit again: why has no one said anything about the camera? you can take in-game screenshots with it!

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Edit: though, i have ordered the CPP, it will be about a week / 12 days before it gets here. :(

Edit again: why has no one said anything about the camera? you can take in-game screenshots with it!
Oh, you beat the whole game without a CPP? That couldn't be too pleasant.

The camera thing really isn't anything new. In the original MGS3, when you are escaping the Groznyj Grad prison, the camera is inside somewhere. Once you get the camera, it unlocks in subsequent playthroughs.

Some guy already made an entire album composed of pics he took in the game. Kind of makes me wish the 3DS had a screenshot system built into the OS.
http://imgur.com/a/mbkHd

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The camera thing really isn't anything new. In the original MGS3, when you are escaping the Groznyj Grad prison, the camera is inside somewhere. Once you get the camera, it unlocks in subsequent playthroughs.

Some guy already made an entire album composed of pics he took in the game. Kind of makes me wish the 3DS had a screenshot system built into the OS.
it was actually pretty easy without the CPP.

and i already guessed the camera was in the old one, but i had to find out it took in-game screenshots in 3D on my own.

yes, it takes 3D screenshots.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

I don't see why they couldn't (at least for the top screen). It is already captured when you press the Home button during gameplay, so adding an extra option there, and just saving what is captured to the Internal memory or SD card shouldn't be a problem.

Critica1

Trophies
Website
www.onehitgamer.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I just found the camera inside Groznyj Grad, but it was after escaping the prision. (right before you fight The Sorrow).

Playing without the CPP isn't so bad if you're use to Peace Walker.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i don't know what to make of this.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tL63z-UFns

i have already got a freeze glitch :(...

oh, i beat the game again, 3 hours and 9 minutes, did not kill anyone, did not get any alert modes, and no continues without the CPP.
(on easy :D)

D

Deleted_171835

OP
*bump*

So I got the game a couple days ago. Impressions below,
  • Framerate is definitely not as bad as I've heard. It's perfectly playable although there are some noticeable drops at times. Seems to run at 25FPS with occasional drops at parts. I may just not be as bothered by the framerate since I haven't played the other 60/30FPS versions.
  • 3D is gorgeous. The forest really comes out alive when the 3D is on max.
  • Audio is great. With headphones on, I can hear every chirp or moan in the forest.
  • ABXY camera controls isn't that great. I mean, it's still playable and enjoyable with it but it certainly isn't ideal. I may get a CPP.
  • Gyro controls suck. Period. I keep falling off trees thanks to the stupid gyro stuff.
At 'The End' boss fight. I'm really enjoying the game. The combat and survival system is so in-depth.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
copy-pasta of what I posted in blog

I beat MGS3.

RKGqR.jpg

Difficulty: Normal
Play Time: 19 : 21 : 42
Saves: 40 times
Continues: 37 times
Alert modes: 118 times
People killed: 189 people
Serious injuries: 142 times
Total Damage taken: 35 life bars
Medicine used: 0 times
Plants and animals captured: 20 kinds
Meals Eaten: 71 times
Special items: not used

Your title is Panther.

The game is a fucking masterpiece. If I had any doubts that Kojima was a god, this rectified all of that.

That ending made me cry. The Boss. :cry:

This game has the most solid gameplay out of all the MGS games (that I've played). Best story. Best characters (EVA...). Best setting (fucking Russia). Best everything.

The only thing I'm unsure of is the supernatural elements in the game such as Volgin's electric powers and everything about The Sorrow. I'm not sure how well they fit in MGS. Hopefully that's explained in MGS4 (don't know how they'll explain The Sorrow, though.)

As for Snake Eater 3D, as a port/remake, I think they did an okay job. I did notice the framerate drop a lot in the fight against The Fury. Thankfully he was easy enough to beat. The frame-rate in the game isn't game-breaking or horrendous. It seems to increase above 20FPS to 25-30FPS at certain parts. If the frame-rate was consistent, I wouldn't have noticed it or be bothered by it at all.

3D is beautiful. Especially in the fight against The Boss. Those leaves in your face. Wow.

If you haven't played MGS3 and you own a 3DS, you should definitely get this. Preferably with a CPP so you don't need to use auto-aim in the motorcycle chase. ;)

Look up the different ways to kill "The End"

My favortie is still waiting a week and then to find out he died in the midst of the battle xD
I ended up killing The End by going out in the open, letting him shoot me, finding where he was located and sneaking up on him. Got easier to do as his stamina went down. Still a really long boss fight.

I might try the waiting a week method when I go do a no-kill run.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing this on my PS2 at the moment.....and am just a little way behind you but have been playing it more sporadically. I'll try and take a picture of my game complete stats when i eventually finish....

It's funny, you dismiss The Fury as easy, but i found him far harder than ANYTHING in MGS2:SoL and the hardest boss i've come across thus far (in MGS3).

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm playing this on my PS2 at the moment.....and am just a little way behind you but have been playing it more sporadically. I'll try and take a picture of my game complete stats when i eventually finish....

It's funny, you dismiss The Fury as easy, but i found him far harder than ANYTHING in MGS2:SoL and the hardest boss i've come across thus far (in MGS3).

The fury can be a ballache if you dont know what you're doing but i think the hardest boss is the fear on the first playthrough, especially if you didnt get the infa-red goggles. Luckily after a few playthroughs you learn some tricks to beat him such as
putting down poisoned food to make his stamina drain

Also, yes the last boss is hard, but by the time you get to the end you're already had the whole game to practise tactics, the fear you fight fairly early on in the game, thus making him alot harder.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The fury can be a ballache if you dont know what you're doing but i think the hardest boss is the fear on the first playthrough....

It's not my first playthrough but on a no kill run (which is what i'm aiming for) i took The Fear out in around 2 minutes without taking any damage. The Fury is a nightmare because the MK22 does so little damage half the time and because of that half the environment is out to kill you, as well as The Fury himself. The first half is ok, but once you rip his flight suit it's a gamble on winning.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
The fury can be a ballache if you dont know what you're doing but i think the hardest boss is the fear on the first playthrough....
It's not my first playthrough but on a no kill run (which is what i'm aiming for) i took The Fear out in around 2 minutes without taking any damage. The Fury is a nightmare because the MK22 does so little damage half the time and because of that half the environment is out to kill you, as well as The Fury himself. The first half is ok, but once you rip his flight suit it's a gamble on winning.
Oh you're doing a no-kill run. I used the AK-47 which made it pretty easy to damage him. After I shot him, I just went to the other column before it got engulfed in flames and then repeated the process.

The hardest boss in MGS3 for me was The End. That old guy runs so damn fast when he notices you. It took me about an hour to beat him.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I bottled it and saved before The Boss, only to take her out on my first attempt (to my own surprise too!)

Final Result (excuse my pitiful CRT)

Y5sgV.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1