Hardware Memory stick suckage

Chiverus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm upgrading my memory stick and found a 8gb lexar stick for under 40$ and thought score. Problem is the really low transfer rate ( around 400 bytes per seocond) and yes that's bytes not kilobytes. Any suggestions? If I cant fix it ill go spend the money on a Sony branded one but wanna avoid that.

jmr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
40$ sounds like a lot i got a "Sony 8GB Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX" for £12 & it works great

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
lexar really suck A friend of mine got a lexar and the file transfer was very poor...
Well at least he doesn't transfer files all the time the only game he plays on psp is PES 2010
tongue.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lexar are shit for any memeory, and expensive for the crap quality honestly.
You should have went with Sandisk, i've had my 8gb Sandisk for 2 years now no issues and only paid $30 for it.
Although if you rather go cheap but dependable and are CFW'd you can get a photofast dual micro sdhc to produo adapter and some cheap x2 4 gb micro sdhccards, if my Sandisk ever kills over i'm going that route,
If something goes south it's cheaper to replace a bum micro sd than it is a produo also the adapter it's self is inexpensive something like $7 on Amazon and can do up to 16gb x 2 micro sd (32gb of storage.)
EDIT: 1000th post!
yaypsp.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Actually some Lexar sticks are faster than SanDisk and Sony. You just got a fake (or a defect, but that's like a 1:2000 chance).

QUOTE said:
if my Sandisk ever kills over
It's supposed to be "if my Sandisk ever keels over", as in bending over to vomit or just to die. Grats on your millenial post btw.

Chiverus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well my only other option I have available to me currently for 8 gb is a Sony Pro hg duo for 54$. In Winnipeg the memory media is for some reason really over priced it sucks. Also I've had problems with lexar microsd before with 2 different cards and they both had low transfer rates and lost memory. Sounds like future shop be getting crappy cards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...