Homebrew Memory Pit - A new DSi exploit for DSi camera!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello. smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif
Welcome to the DSi Section.

I cant do this exploit. My Camera crashed. Help me.

Did you never finished the Tutorial ?
Please remove the SD Card with the Exploit Data and finish the Tutorial first,if possible.
If the DSi is still crashing there is maybe another Issue with it and not with the Memory Pit Exploit.

Did you also please checked the CORRECT Version from the Exploit according to your DSi Firmware Version ?
https://dsi.cfw.guide/launching-the-exploit

Download the Memory Pit binary for the version and region of your Nintendo DSi system

Good luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: flavio1

flavio1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@alexander1970

Hello, ty for your feedback.
I think my DSi is lost. The camera got crash after i tried unistall the unlaunch and i do not have flipnote installed to try another way.
My firmware version is 1.4.5U i downloded the correct. I'm sad because I bought this device 4 days ago and now this is stuck.

I spent the whole day looking for how to fix this camera problem, I didn't find it

Last edited by flavio1,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

@alexander1970

Hello, ty for your feedback.
I think my DSi is lost. The camera got crash after i tried unistall the unlaunch and i do not have flipnote installed to try another way.
My firmware version is 1.4.5U i downloded the correct. I'm sad because I bought this device 4 days ago and now this is stuck.

I spent the whole day looking for how to fix this camera problem, I didn't find it

Oh,that is sad to hear...I am very sorry.

But maybe not all is lost.:)
May I ask please which SD Card you have used please ?
microSD with Adapter or an regular one ?
What is the Size please and how is it formatted please ?

If it is possible for you,try an 512 MB - 2 GB regular SD Card formatted with FAT/FAT32 please.
Copy your Exploit Files over and try it again,but as I asked before,you should try to finish the Tutorial for the Camera Application first please

Good Luck.

flavio1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@alexander1970

SanDisk microSD adapter 8Gb
Adapter, but i have one regular 4GB
8GB, FAT32.

If it is possible for you,try an 512 MB - 2 GB regular SD Card formatted with FAT/FAT32 please.
Copy your Exploit Files over and try it again,but as I asked before,you should try to finish the Tutorial for the Camera Application first please

i have one 2GB but I can not finish the tutorial always crash :sad::(:cry:

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

@alexander1970

SanDisk microSD adapter 8Gb
Adapter, but i have one regular 4GB
8GB, FAT32.

i have one 2GB but I can not finish the tutorial always crash :sad::(:cry:

Ok,you wrote,you have bought/got this DSi 4 Days ago.
So maybe the Camera "never" worked correct ? :(
If it is not possible to finish the Tutorial maybe the Camera is "broken"...

But there is also the Possibility,that only the Camera Cable is not connected correctly or broken.
So you maybe can try to fix that/check that please.

You can maybe use this Manual:
https://de.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintendo+DSi+Teardown/714

Please do not use/avoid Video/Youtube Tutorials if possible,
they are maybe outdated and maybe missing important Parts on the Teardown Process....

Good luck

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

@alexander1970

The camera was ok. I installed Twilight Menu and Unlaunch with successfully. But for no reason I uninstalled the unlaunch following the same tutorial.

I disassembled everything and reassembled, didn't fix:(

That is strange,when the Camera is previously working,why do you have to do the Tutorial again ? :unsure:
Did you have tried it without the SD Card please ?

Please tell me you did not FORMATTED your DSi (instead of unstalling the Custom Firmware/Unlaunch).....:sad:

flavio1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@alexander1970
That is strange,when the Camera is previously working,why do you have to do the Tutorial again ? :unsure:

I don't know, I was stupid:(
Yes:(
Please tell me you did not FORMATTED your DSi (instead of unstalling the Custom Firmware/Unlaunch).....
first i uninstalled the unlaunch, then I formatted the SD card and DSi. I have the backup of the NAND but i dont know how restore and if it would help me:(

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

@alexander1970

I don't know, I was stupid:(
Yes:(
Please tell me you did not FORMATTED your DSi (instead of unstalling the Custom Firmware/Unlaunch).....
first i uninstalled the unlaunch, then I formatted the SD card and DSi. I have the backup of the NAND but i dont know how restore and if it would help me:(

Oh dear......now it seems a little difficult....but as you have already formatted the DSi you can now try a System Update please.
Maybe it works/helps....

If not,you have as last Chance to do the HARDMOD,but I can tell you,it is very "hard" and needs very good Soldering Skills.
For this you need your NAND Backup,an microSD Adapter and as mentioned,very good Soldering Skills.And Luck.

So,you have maybe only a little Chance to "rescue" your DSi,to be honest.

Good Luck

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@alexander1970

thanks for listening friend
I believe there is no solution, this experience upset me, the device seems very fragile.

I am very sorry....

Yes,the DSi is very fragile,but it is not only the Device..
Unlaunch is a great Tool/Application,but it has its "Pitfalls"...
I know what I am talking about....I have "lost" 2 Devices.:)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/please-reconsider-it-good-to-install-unlaunch.567933/

So,I am very sorry for your Experience.....:(

But maybe one Day you will get another DSi and try it again.

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
get another DSi and try it again.

try 'the uninstaller' again? ;) :P

Time to buy some 0,1 to 0,2mm enameled copper wire from aliexp. In case all wire ends gets pre-tinned, its hard to damage something with the iron, the fine wire sticks in no time.

I wouldn't say that the DSi is very fragile. After reading your thread back then, I tried to brick mine, used various unlaunch versions, uninstalled all of them multiple times. Even in nocashs no$gba, the uninstaller works always flawlessly for me.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.
smiley_emoticons_seb_zylinder.gif

try 'the uninstaller' again? ;) :P

Time to buy some 0,1 to 0,2mm enameled copper wire from aliexp. In case all wire ends gets pre-tinned, its hard to damage something with the iron, the fine wire sticks in no time.

I wouldn't say that the DSi is very fragile. After reading your thread back then, I tried to brick mine, used various unlaunch versions, uninstalled all of them multiple times. Even in nocashs no$gba, the uninstaller works always flawlessly for me.
Thank you for your Feedback.:)
I am very glad to see it works for you.

I wish I could say "Yes,do it" to everyone,but as you see,somtimes it fails,unfortunately sometimes with no Idea why.:(
("my Suspicions" is the Chip,but that is only my personal Opinion and I can not proof it,I am sorry...).
..and of course a (with DSi Ware) non-Altered NAND.:D

For some People (includes me) it is very hard to correctly "hit" some of the Soldering Points on the DSi.
(Because of the Name only,the DSi XL doesn't make it any easier either...:D).

I am always happy to see,if someone "saves" a (Unlaunch) broken DSi.:bow:
For someone with very good/excellent solder Skills (and a "good" NAND Backup) it is no Problem to fix it.

Again,thank you for your Feedback,that is very kind from you.

Reactions: flavio1 and susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For some People (includes me) it is very hard to correctly "hit" some of the Soldering Points on the DSi.
(Because of the Name only,the DSi XL doesn't make it any easier either...:D).

Ofc you're right, the solder spots, pads and resistors are really small, but in the end you have nothing to lose, brick is brick ;)

Isn't easy to solder, thats why I said its best to use thin enameled copper wire (like a hair + in length short as possible), all ends pretinned, some flux to the solder spot and then 'roast' it to the point :P

Thicker wires mean much more heat over a longer solder period = higher damage risk. A thick wire rips also easily a resistor from the board, if you pull or force the wire a bit.

Anyway, in terms of this topic, I used memory pit and it worked like a charm, although my DSiXL has got flipnote too ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Normal sandwich bread is actually pretty good for sausage depends on length of course