ROM Hack Meitantei Conan and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Translation

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cocomonk22 said:
Willing to pay $ via Paypal for proper VWF hack creation and insertion into the rom.

Have you tried redrawing the text yet? Like for one letter, try to redraw it as two letters. So you'll have a list of AA, AB, AC, etc. and you will be able to fit 2 characters per one original character.
(Look at this project for example: http://kumatrans.wikidot.com/forum/t-114876/vwf#post-340694 )

So instead of complicated hacking, you can extract the font, redraw the character then put font file back. (I remember that this game uses quite an uncommon font, like 4 different fonts on top of one another. But I think if you almost give up on ASM hacking, you can try extracting the font instead. It's not too difficult.)

cocomonk22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks jjjewel, that link really helped!

VWF was bringing up more problems due to the small space buffer that restricted the amount of characters on screen, so I had to make the two-letter combination using psychoblaster's code as the basis. By overwriting the original 4 japanese fonts separated by palette, I can have a total of 4032 combinations max.

I think I've got the text mostly figured out. I tested the entire Detective Conan opening segment until before the Kindaichi segment, and it works perfectly besides some grammar errors in the script.

Here's a preview of the new text:
packed4817479.png

Much better than the old version using the game's JASCII and text writing scheme:
ckline1pd9.png

bloodhonor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this game good? Just looking for an opinion of someone who's played it. Also, do you need a lot of prior knowledge of conan to play this game and fully understand its story or can you just jump in and play?

liewhl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i completed it one yr ago, i find that the story is ok because it is edited from one of the story in the maga Kindaichi. the puzzle in the game is way too easy. it is a type of play and forget game, where once you know the story you will not want to play it again. i dun really recommend this game.

if you are looking for gd one i recommend u play policenaut, snatcher or Famicom Detective Club Part II instead. which the story is way better

Domain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think mathematics work as you think they do.

9/752 is 1,198% with trailing decimals. Roughly 1,20%.

9 / 752 != %s. 752 / 100 = a, 9 / a = %. Or (9 / 752) * 100, if you insist on using that... which still yields 1,198%.

Remember, if 752 = 100%, then 7,52 = 1%. Any value above 7 cannot be a percentage below 1%. 9 is a value above 7, therefore 9 cannot be

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
6.11% thats just an estimation because somefiles may be have more words than others
and most of them have gallons of script
smileipb2.png

luffy4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i doubt it would be hard for him to make two versions with such a minor change, but u are prolly th eonly one lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc