ROM Hack Meitantei Conan and Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Translation

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
"With the king ill, the queen presides over the court

Her orders: a sword for the man 4th behind the lowest face and a dagger for he now 3rd to her east"

Kindaichi mentioned how the numbers 1-12, king and queen tie in with playing cards, and that the sword and the dagger represent the clock hands.
Did you try sword at 7 and dagger at 2? Sword I'm somewhat certain about, as 4th behind the lowest face implies four behind the Joker, which would be: 10, 9, 8, 7. Dagger I'm not so certain of. I figure to the east would imply traveling clockwise from the queen, and if we interpret the queen as being equal to 11 on the clock, that would imply going three numbers clockwise to 2.

Alternatively, sword could be 6 if we are meant to assume that Joker and 10 are equal.

Of course, I could be totally off, but that's my current conclusion.

Reactions: Lycan911

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try sword at 7 and dagger at 2? Sword I'm somewhat certain about, as 4th behind the lowest face implies four behind the Joker, which would be: 10, 9, 8, 7. Dagger I'm not so certain of. I figure to the east would imply traveling clockwise from the queen, and if we interpret the queen as being equal to 11 on the clock, that would imply going three numbers clockwise to 2.

Alternatively, sword could be 6 if we are meant to assume that Joker and 10 are equal.

Of course, I could be totally off, but that's my current conclusion.
Just tried it, doesn't work :/ Thanks for trying though :)

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about that. This is the exact sort of puzzle that reminds me why I don't play more puzzle games lol

I suppose dagger could be 1 as well. I'm really fuzzy on where ace might fit in, and how they're valuing face cards related to the clock face.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! I guess I was spot on with the sword. Ohhh, and I guess the dagger was just a bit of wordplay. 3rd to her east just meant the three, which happens to match the east compass direction.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
eaf44401e0d7dd7e4b0900fd8dae75bb.jpg

Hands down, my favorite DS game.

Thanks a lot to all of the translators and other people that helped this translation project to get finished :D

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1