Megaupload's Kim Dotcom denied bail in New Zealand

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
They indicted Dotcom and six others last week, accusing them of generating more than $175 million in criminal proceeds and costing copyright owners $500 million-plus by offering pirated copies of movies, TV shows and other content.

This is WRONG.
The site offers a SERVICE, not the content itself. Granted, the file sharing capabilities made it a cess pool of pirates, but still...

You know, police might as well arrest the owners and proprietors of sleazy bars for fostering crime syndicates and their activities (think Mafia). But they don't, do they?

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They indicted Dotcom and six others last week, accusing them of generating more than $175 million in criminal proceeds and costing copyright owners $500 million-plus by offering pirated copies of movies, TV shows and other content.
This is WRONG.
The site offers a SERVICE, not the content itself. Granted, the file sharing capabilities made it a cess pool of pirates, but still...

You know, police might as well arrest the owners and proprietors of sleazy bars for fostering crime syndicates and their activities (think Mafia). But they don't, do they?
Only because they weren't paid to.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
This is WRONG.

Only because they weren't paid to.
Ah, yes. It only becomes relevant when you're being paid to do it. I see.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would you mind quoting your source? thanks !

also, I found an online album showing the "dotcom mansion", the guy's house
http://trends.levif....00033913963.htm
impressive stuff

Saw the pics. I want a giraffe! :D Lucky bastards! See people? Piracy gets you giraffes! :yaywii:
Sadly it's just a statue :( Well this is ending up to be quite a show for pro/antipiracy factions..

I stand corrected, piracy gets you Giraffe statues but damn! They look so cool! I want them! This just proves how cool piracy is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa How have you been