Megan Fox to star in Michael Bay's "Ninja Turtles"

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Aliens, huh ? And after that we'll get Transformers x TMNT, we will learn that their planet is just next to Cybertron

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aliens, huh ? And after that we'll get Transformers x TMNT, we will learn that their planet is just next to Cybertron

Now crossover pondering was a staple of many a childhood but I think you just kicked any idea that it might be cool in the head.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh?

I watched TMNT and played with the toys and shit when I was younger but do I really care at this point? Not really. I mean the movie will be shit but probably just as shit as every other TMNT movie and show in recent years.

At least Michael Bay admits he makes movies for 13 year old boys instead of trying to praise his works as "high art" like other hacks in the business. He makes terrible movies but he's self aware.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't wait for TMNT The Movie--The Game.

Turtles in Time or GTFO!

Seriously though, Michael Bay sucks ass as a director and Megan Fox isn't a ginger, not to mention she can't act her way out of a paper bag, though I am sure she can suck her way into an acting gig pretty easily :D

Unlike many, I actually have nothing against Megan Fox, and thought she did ok in Transformers. But having watched various incarnations of Ninja Turtles, I think it's safe to say Megan Fox is the worst possible choice to portray April. Seriously, she looks nothing like her (in ANY incarnation), and I just can't imagine her grasping April's personality. I'm not even going to bother hoping that half the movie isn't the camera ogling her, like in Transformers. *Sigh*...

But despite all that, I know I'll probably see it anyway.

Transformers was ruined as much by Shia Lebouf as it was ruined by Megan Fox and Michael Bay. The script was terrible from day one and didn't work with how the series was originally written as there is no consistency to the story. What should have been a good movie series, was ruined by horrible writing.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Transformers was ruined as much by Shia Lebouf as it was ruined by Megan Fox and Michael Bay. The script was terrible from day one and didn't work with how the series was originally written as there is no consistency to the story. What should have been a good movie series, was ruined by horrible writing.
The Transformers trilogy was one of those terrible movie series that I just absolutely loved despite everything. It's really weird. one moment I'll be ranting about all the problems it has, the next I'll be watching it and having a rollicking good time.

That said, I think Shia's problem was more the writing of his character than his acting. When Michael Bay wrote his character Sam, it feels like he just went "let's make him act like an older version of the same jittery character he played in Even Stevens, but a billion times more exaggerated!"

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tmntbay.png

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They really need to let things go, the fad of tmnt has passed a long long time ago...
Last I checked, the new reboot on Nickelodeon is pretty popular and well-received (though I haven't seen it myself). Also, the 2003 series (the one I watched growing up) was really good too, and ran for a good five years or so. The only "slump" TMNT ever went through was most of the 90s, iirc.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the only good and true series is the 80's and 90's version with shredder, krang and the technodrome. and Donatello was always coming up with some cool and new crazy invention and vehicle.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
the only good and true series is the 90's version with shredder, krang and the technodrome.
Don't you mean 80s version? And meh. I tried to like that one, but couldn't. It gets props for introducing the characters and the originality in the writing, but basically every other joke consisted of, "Look guys, I bought a pizza!" *expects audience to laugh* It's funny the first time, but gets old really quickly.

Plus, I liked the 2003 version's characterization of the Shredder much more. but maybe that's just me.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
the only good and true series is the 80's and 90's version with shredder, krang and the technodrome. and Donatello was always coming up with some cool and new crazy invention and vehicle.
Didn't they change the name to "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles" and heavily censor a bunch of the weapons and action in the Australian version? Or it might've been somewhere in Europe, I don't remember where...

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, the new reboot on Nickelodeon is pretty popular and well-received (though I haven't seen it myself). Also, the 2003 series (the one I watched growing up) was really good too, and ran for a good five years or so. The only "slump" TMNT ever went through was most of the 90s, iirc.

It's a cartoon of course it's gonna have some viewers, but the movies and games over the years haven't been that great...hell the last tmnt game I loved was probably back on the snes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Pleasure to meet you +1