OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
it works on one laptop, but not the other.

That's why I'm thinking it could be stalling on the loading of a particular hardware driver on the one stubborn laptop. I have integrated driverpacks into Mini Windows 7, as stated in the changelong on page 1.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
As of today (Jan 2nd, 2015), I have my own Internet service provider, so I will now be able to apply whatever kinds of fixes are needed to major release versions, without having to wait every 6 months. This benefits all of you, as well as me, and that makes me happy. :yaysp:

Reactions: osirisjem

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work, JayRo! I'm using it myself now, though I am coming across a problem. When I boot up Sophos AntiVirus, the SLAX logo comes up followed by the list of processes. However, when it says "Looking for Slax data in /Slax", it slowly prints a row of dots and then gives me the root CLI without going any further.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Great work, JayRo! I'm using it myself now, though I am coming across a problem. When I boot up Sophos AntiVirus, the SLAX logo comes up followed by the list of processes. However, when it says "Looking for Slax data in /Slax", it slowly prints a row of dots and then gives me the root CLI without going any further.

Good find sir, and thank you for letting me know. I will make note of this, and see what I can do to fix this problem by the next June release. :)

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There also seems to be a problem with booting Mini Windows 7. It says the following error....

Code:
WARN: No MBR magic, treating disk as raw.
BPB detection (sect): unknown
Booting...
B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000017

I also tried running Hardware Detection Tool (HDT) and it came up with the following error...

Code:
Initial Menu has no LABEL entries!
boot:

Then it boots back to the Medicat main menu.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
There also seems to be a problem with booting Mini Windows 7. It says the following error....

Code:
WARN: No MBR magic, treating disk as raw.
BPB detection (sect): unknown
Booting...
B1InitializeLibrary failed 0xc0000017

I also tried running Hardware Detection Tool (HDT) and it came up with the following error...

Code:
Initial Menu has no LABEL entries!
boot:

Then it boots back to the Medicat main menu.
As for Mini Windows 7, I get that on some computers, and not on others. So it seems like a hit or miss situation for me. When I was booting it up in VMware 10 during testing, it booted up fine every time. That was before I got two free laptops though. Now that I have more hardware to test MediCat on here at home, I can try improving compatibility a bit more.

Now as for HDT, I may have just gotten a boot path incorrect in the menu, which is an easy fix for me, and I may have just overlooked it before release. I'm taking note of these problems, and compiling them in a checklist to work on in April.

This is a really cool thing you're doing, OP.

Thank you, this project means the world to me. :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow this seems extremely useful! I encounter PC problems every now & then, this is what i'll use from now on!

Oh by the way is the Mini windows Windows Based, or is it Linux with Wine?

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. ^^; It's a Windows 7 preinstall environment, letting you use windows apps. :yaysp:

D

Deleted User

Okay. Here's what I've got to say.
You're a fucking genius.
This is honestly the best comeback to Hiren's-esque rescue cds that could possibly be conceived. I love the simplistic and yet oddly pleasing theming, and as far as I can tell, this could be very user friendly. Great job!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay. Here's what I've got to say.
You're a fucking genius.
This is honestly the best comeback to Hiren's-esque rescue cds that could possibly be conceived. I love the simplistic and yet oddly pleasing theming, and as far as I can tell, this could be very user friendly. Great job!

Thanks for the kind words! The ease of use was a big thing for me. I like simple things with lots of options. And I also didn't want any distracting theme, or anything too DOS-looking either. :yaysp:

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. ^^; It's a Windows 7 preinstall environment, letting you use windows apps. :yaysp:
It came in very useful, because i got a boot manager error, just booted up to medicat and used Jkdefrag & Chkdsk and it was all fixed in 5min's v.s waiting 30min's for Windows 7 Recovery!

Give yourself alot of pat's on the back, for creating something just plain Amazing!

Reactions: Margen67 and Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello friends!

It's almost May, and I have begun work on the next release of MediCat DVD, slated for a June 7th release. The biggest noticeably change will be the jump from the typical 640x480 graphical menu to an 800x600 upgrade. I capped it to 800x600 to keep compatibility with netbooks, as some only have 600 pixels vertically. This release will be the typical updated ISOs and Mini Windows 7 applications, but also will focus on making sure everything boots up correctly on many different types of hardware. That means I'll be testing on many real machines before release, where previously I only had access to VMware and Virtualbox. There are a few new pieces of artwork, as well as a more robust version of FreeDOS coming to this v6.07.2015 release. My friend VulpinX has been aiding me, designing a custom floppy image of MediCat FreeDOS for this release.

Here is an early preview of the Diagnostic Utilities Menu with it's new artwork:

test HD-2015-04-25-14-53-05.png

And as always, thank you all for your help and support, generating MediCat DVD over 400+ downloads with the last release! :yaynds:

Reactions: Boriar

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
is this based on hirens boot cd?
i see that it has things from hirens boot cd (like hbcd menu, and temporary drive)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7