OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
yes I did all those, if you see someone else gets same problem. Also OP says only beta works with rufus. Please if you have beta share, thx.

Where is the "links above" ? the original links in first post (front page) definitly dont work with rufus.
Patience, I am literally uploading the new stable version right now, and it's going to take a few hours since my uploading speeds suck. This new version fixes the Rufus bug, you will just need to make sure NTFS is selected. And there is a post with the Beta HERE.

JamesFring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
yes I did all those, if you see someone else gets same problem. Also OP says only beta works with rufus. Please if you have beta share, thx.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Where is the "links above" ? the original links in first post (front page) definitly dont work with rufus.

found links

https://mega.nz/#F!TB9kGZzC!gmdsEylrI7Ft2SJiJhsNjg

if anyone needs working beta its located here - https://mega.nz/#F!TB9kGZzC!gmdsEylrI7Ft2SJiJhsNjg . save you time wasted scrambling back through thread

it would be really helpful if OP posted beta update in main page instead of screwing around posting in the middle of a 30 page post

it would be really helpful if OP posted beta update in main page instead of screwing around posting in the middle of a 30 page post
Patience, I am literally uploading the new stable version right now, and it's going to take a few hours since my uploading speeds suck. This new version fixes the Rufus bug, you will just need to make sure NTFS is selected. And there is a post with the Beta HERE.

Thank you! Please make sure you post it on the main page and thanks for your work! I have been trying to get this working for last few weeks trying on several machines with USB (who has dvd's anymore? even my grandma pentium 90 has usb drives) - redownloding iso several times from media/everywhere "burning" to usb keys over and over thinking my usbkeys are borked... a heads up in the main post stating its not working with rufus or other usb bootloaders would have been helpful. Finally read through 30+ pages and found the hidden links, ty.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is gonna take a while to upload. :/

eternity.png

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jayro, not sure if something is fucked up with Mega or not but i downloaded all 6 of the 7z files for MediCat and 7zip is saying it can extract any of the files for some reason.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Jayro, not sure if something is fucked up with Mega or not but i downloaded all 6 of the 7z files for MediCat and 7zip is saying it can extract any of the files for some reason.
I still have some uploading at home. Windows rebooted itself last night, so I had to finish it before going to work.

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok, i did manage to figure it out, i was missing part 4 of the files needed .

iam currently making the SVF for the latest version so it should up in an few mins.

Reactions: Jayro

JamesFring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
downloaded booted with rufus. Finally boots! One problem, the mini windows 10 environment isnt loading on 32bit machine, as I see you moved that to Legacy. Same problem as earlier builds when used with rufus , says Windows is borked and to reinstall.

I believe its win10PEx64 right? Would like to request x86, as it only makes sense to use x86 because x86 also runs on x64. The only difference is that if you ahve more than 4 gigs of ram the x86 image will not use it. it will only use 4gb of ram.

I use x86 tools for all my tools, (clonezilla, linux) etc because they boot on everything, and I do believe thats what you are going for with this?

Last edited by JamesFring,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
downloaded booted with rufus. Finally boots! One problem, the mini windows 10 environment isnt loading on 32bit machine, as I see you moved that to Legacy. Same problem as earlier builds when used with rufus , says Windows is borked and to reinstall.

I believe its win10PEx64 right? Would like to request x86, as it only makes sense to use x86 because x86 also runs on x64. The only difference is that if you ahve more than 4 gigs of ram the x86 image will not use it. it will only use 4gb of ram.

I use x86 tools for all my tools, (clonezilla, linux) etc because they boot on everything, and I do believe thats what you are going for with this?
No, I moved to 64-bit only, as juggling two architectures is too difficult for me. The 32-bit WinPESE_x86.iso in Legacy should work for you. MediCat DVD is for CURRENT computer specs. (i.e. x64 processors, and 2GB+ of RAM minimum) Hiren's Boot Disk is for older machines. I provide the latest and greatest utilities for modern PCs going forward. I apologize if that objective wasn't clear. :unsure:

Last edited by Jayro,

JamesFring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
No, I moved to 64-bit only, as juggling two architectures is too difficult for me. The 32-bit WinPESE_x86.iso in Legacy should work for you. MediCat DVD is for CURRENT computer specs. (i.e. x64 processors, and 2GB+ of RAM minimum) Hiren's Boot Disk is for older machines. I provide the latest and greatest utilities for modern PCs going forward. I apologize if that objective wasn't clear. :unsure:

Ah I see, tested EFI boot, nice efi boot menu clover comes up, but EFI boot sardu does not work, 64bit or 32 bit, booting EFI CSM mode with UEFI and legacy support.

Last edited by JamesFring,

Tacotardis42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro, can you make a changelog for medicat 16.10? Or is it basically the same as the one for the beta except for ubcd and acronis? Thanks!

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Job Jayro, how do you find the free time to work on such an project like this? its crazy how much work you put into it

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Good Job Jayro, how do you find the free time to work on such an project like this? its crazy how much work you put into it
I work on it for a few hours each night after I get home from work, when everyone is asleep. I do most of the work in Notepad, UltraISO, and VMware 12. I save the ISO I'm working on to a RAMdisk, until I am satisfied enough to dump it to SSD. (Saves my SSD wear)

Each release, I usually take about 4 months off, and work on it the last two months between releases. Unless there's a show-stopping bug, that is. Then I'll fix it and re-upload.

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: Originality

cputester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Moreover Acronid Disk Director is not finding my SSD while the Boot CD of it that I have does. Is it because it is a demo? Does any one else experiencing that?

This issue still happening I don't know if you had any tests to find out the reason...
Also I can't write this iso as NTFS... Everytime I try Rufus pushes me to use FAT32.. However it seems to work fine even with that, the only problem is the big file/disk management...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch