OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
if you need fast upload, try an VPS or even get an Google Cloud trial, their speeds are great plus once your trial is up you just make another account lol.
That's not the problem, my ISP Comcast (aka Xfinity) only allows up to 1.5Mb upload, due to their shitty hardware configs... No matter what plan you get.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that sucks, i have seen Comcast upload speeds way higher then that, i would call up and bitch and have them replace your modem.

cputester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm wondering if it's just a driver issue, or if the application is just garbage. I'll need to do more testing with it. Thank you for bringing this to my attention sir!

I missed that comment earlier. If you mean that Acronis Disk Director is garbage, I don't aggree. I think that it's one of the finest tools. However, I don't know if the application is working packaged in that way. I have tried something similar with True Image in that way and got errors about missing dlls which although I added didn't work.
However the bootable media of Disk Director is working fine in general so I think the easiest solution is just to add it at the boot menu.

Nossy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I've got UBCD v5.3.6 and Acronis TrueImage 2017 added to their respective menus:

View attachment 64711

View attachment 64709

(Parted Magic was removed, see the above post for the reason)
View attachment 64710

Good job sir, thanks. I was going to suggest Plop for the USB booting but it looks like you added it already. For those who have it Paragon Hard Drove Suite would be great to add. Its the only piece of software I've seen that has an Adjust Os feature which strips the dirers of one hard drive so you can pop it in any system, it'll load up and automatically look for drivers which Snappy Driver does automatically https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/release.html

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Good job sir, thanks. I was going to suggest Plop for the USB booting but it looks like you added it already. For those who have it Paragon Hard Drove Suite would be great to add. Its the only piece of software I've seen that has an Adjust Os feature which strips the dirers of one hard drive so you can pop it in any system, it'll load up and automatically look for drivers which Snappy Driver does automatically https://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-personal/release.html
I love Snappy Driver Installer, that's why I include it with a few basic networking and storage drivers, to get the user online and all their disks connected at the beginning. Great piece of software.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
if anyone is having trouble booting from MediCat using Easy2Boot, this guide will help you to make it work http://rmprepusb.blogspot.com/2015/07/adding-winpewinbuilder-iso-files-to.html
I've never tried Easy2Boot, I'll play with it later today.

The new version boots from Rufus, as long as you select NTFS. I haven't tried YUMI in a very long time, but installing it as: Try Unlisted ISO (via SYSLINUX) should do the trick. Just have to scroll to the option at the bottom of the distro list:

YUMI.png

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have used YUMI and Rufus in the past before i found Easy2Boot, i still use Rufus to test some isos out if Easy2boot wont boot at first. Easy2Boot basically uses the same core files to boot from usb using Grub4dos. but instead of having to run an program each time, it uses grub 4 dos batch files to make menus and run files automatically. so in this case you just copy and paste any file and Easy2boot will list it and give you options to boot from.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Jayro, i forgot to mention, if you want to save space and upload time, look into an tool called SmartVersion, its an tool that compares versions of files and then only uses the space that is for newer / changes files. so for example you pushed out 16.10 out this week or something. instead of uploading an whole 4 or 5gb file you could use SmartVersion, load the old version and the updated version into SmartVersion and then it would detect the changes between each iso and only use the space that is used by new files. so it would make an 4gb iso into an 400 or 500mb sfv file that people would download and extract using SmartVersion the new MediCat iso. http://www.winimage.com/smartversion.htm

Last edited by DedSec,
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just finished tweaking the fonts in Rainmeter. Unbolded it all, and used Tahoma for better clarity. It also lists drives B:\ (Ramdisk, using 40% of your RAM), as well as your first two fixed disks C:\ and D:\. Date and time layouts are 12 Hour clock and American date, but the latest 7zip supports editing .wim files directly, so you can always change it if you wish. (I edited out my external IP address)

Windows 10 x64-2016-10-10-15-43-55.png

Reactions: DedSec

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, how did you manage to create custom Nyan Cat logos's? just curious since i wanted to create my own for some custom menus

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, how did you manage to create custom Nyan Cat logos's? just curious since i wanted to create my own for some custom menus
I use Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Portable [64/32] from a Ramdisk, and make the cat on it's own layer. That way I can move them around if I need to. I used a single frame from the nyan cat animated .gif emote on Deviant Art.

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jayro, just wanted to let you know MediCat is now listed on Easy2boot.com under the tested payloads page so people will see how to boot from it if they wanted to do so with Easy2Boot. http://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/list-of-tested-payload-files/, also i found an typo in Win10PESEx86.iso it should be Win10PESE_x86.iso but that can be fixed easily by rename.

Reactions: Jayro

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro, i was thinking of creating Smart version files so people can update MediCat without having to download another 4gb file if they had an slow connection for example. plus i have unlimited Google drive so i can easily host the files no problem.

JamesFring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
cannot boot this, keeps saying error in Rufus. Downloaded from front page. OP says beta version available but cant find it. Please update first post with updated download links, ty.

DedSec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cannot boot this, keeps saying error in Rufus. Downloaded from front page. OP says beta version available but cant find it. Please update first post with updated download links, ty.

Make sure you got Rufus from the official site and check you choose ISO option in Rufus

JamesFring

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Make sure you got Rufus from the official site and check you choose ISO option in Rufus

yes I did all those, if you see someone else gets same problem. Also OP says only beta works with rufus. Please if you have beta share, thx.

I finally managed to download it from mega.nz...

2 questions:

1)when I am going to create the bootable USB with Rufus and I am loading the ISO it sets the Filesystem to 'NTFS'. However when I am pressing 'start' I get an error of not being able to write this ISO on this Filesystem and it turns it to FAT32. Then when I am pressing 'start' it works. However the usb is not booting. I am getting an error of the boot loader saying that there is no OS. Even when I am selecting the only choice 'WinPE...' still the same...
2)Does 'Win10PESE_x64.iso have something 'medicat.16.10.beta.iso' doesn't? I don't get the reason of sharing this that's why I am asking... :)

1.) Did you download the beta from the links above, or did you grab the one from the front page? Because the beta should work fine with Rufus.

2.) Win10PESE_x64.iso is just Mini Windows 10, which is also included on the full medicat.16.10.beta.iso. Its just a Windows 10 preinstall environment. (Windows-based LiveCD)

Where is the "links above" ? the original links in first post (front page) definitly dont work with rufus.

yes I did all those, if you see someone else gets same problem. Also OP says only beta works with rufus. Please if you have beta share, thx.

Where is the "links above" ? the original links in first post (front page) definitly dont work with rufus.

found links

https://mega.nz/#F!TB9kGZzC!gmdsEylrI7Ft2SJiJhsNjg

if anyone needs working beta its located here - https://mega.nz/#F!TB9kGZzC!gmdsEylrI7Ft2SJiJhsNjg . save you time wasted scrambling back through thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch