United States
Strange behavior from my PC ...
Setup:
Computer - Acer Aspire TC-710
CPU - Intel I7-6800 64 bit
Memory - 16 gigs DDR3-1600
Harddrive - 2 TB
BIOS - American Megatrends Inc. R01-A1

Background: I am not able to boot from any device (USB Flash, CD, DVD) while the boot type is set to UEFI in the boot options screen of my BIOS. It has to be set to Legacy. I am not able to boot from the internal hard drive while the boot type is set to Legacy. It has to be set to UEFI (pain in the arse!).

Problem: When I set my BIOS to Legacy and boot my Medicat USB stick into the Mini Windows 10, it loads the 32 bit version of Windows, not the 64 bit version of Windows.

Any clue as to why this is? Thanks in advance.
The 32-bit version is what comes on the full DVD. The next version in October will have the 64-bit version on the full DVD, going forward. 32-bit Mini Windows 10 will likely be retired and put into a Legacy section of the downlaods, for those that need it on a 32-bit machine. I'd try the 64-bit version from the downloads section if I were you.

TechHunterZero64

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can we download the alpha already? I really need a working password remover like that Daossoft's Windows Password Rescuer you mentioned. I can't seem to find a working tool and the password remove tool in mini windows 10 does detect the OS and drive but not the user account(s) nor passwords.

Keep improving this if you can, this has amazing potential.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Can we download the alpha already? I really need a working password remover like that Daossoft's Windows Password Rescuer you mentioned. I can't seem to find a working tool and the password remove tool in mini windows 10 does detect the OS and drive but not the user account(s) nor passwords.

Keep improving this if you can, this has amazing potential.
My electricity is turned off right now, so I can't do anything at the moment. I'll try and link you something when I manage to get it turned back on.

Bigsease30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
- My electricity is back on
- Updated Rufus to version 2.10p

Hey Jayro, have you seen this tool before?

http://sergeistrelec.ru/winpe_10/56...gei-strelec-x64-20160607-english-version.html

I think if you were to merge features from his project to yours, this would be an unstoppable tech tool. I have been trying to figure out how to add more programs to yours myself but have not had much success. Anyway, keep up the great work.

I'll have a deeper look, but many of the tools here are already in MediCat, as PortableApps within Mini Windows 10.

Last edited by Jayro,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Woohoo! This has helped me out of a few situations now where otherwhise I would be scrambling around for isos to fix stuff, and then never get anywhere.
Whereas now I can stick this on a usb and keep it tucked away in case of emergencies! ;)

Thanks for the great tool! :D

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
- Made a new wallpaper for Mini Windows 10 x64
- Added BGInfo.exe with custom config to launch at startup
- Replaced Winkey.exe with PCUnlocker.exe, when you launch the "Reset Windows Passwords" shortcut from the desktop.

These screenshots reflect the changes:

New Wallpaper.png

Reset Windows Passwords.png

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, i'm gonna see if i can get PCUnlocker to work with Win10. This is getting to be my new favourite Hiren's Boot alternative.
Thanks, I'm happy to hear it! And these changes will be in the October release following Lubuntu 16.10's release.

TechHunterZero64

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks, I'm happy to hear it! And these changes will be in the October release following Lubuntu 16.10's release.

Wait have the links been updated on the first page? I redownloaded and burned the iso on a stick. While booting Mini Windows 10 i still get the Winkey app for removing passwords? Still the same version or what?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait have the links been updated on the first page? I redownloaded and burned the iso on a stick. While booting Mini Windows 10 i still get the Winkey app for removing passwords? Still the same version or what?
Yes, until October. I'm just showing progress as I go, keeping people here in the loop of development and looking forward to the new features.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm adding 4MParted to the Harddisk Tools menu. It's a very minimalistic 30MB Gparted LiveCD. It just does what it needs to: Runs Gparted.

Here are some screenshots of it running the minimalist LiveCD:

4MParted.png

Bootmenu.png

GParted1.png

GParted2.png

I'm also including a tool that lets you easily download any Windows ISO (7, 8.1, 10, 10 Insider Preview) and Office (2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016) directly from Microsoft. So you know you're getting a perfectly untouched ISO image.

It's called "Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool". but I'll rename it something like "Windows ISO Downloader" in the PortableApps menu. Here's a screenshot I was testing just now, and it works. It's basically just the official download pages from the web browser, in one neat and convenient package. You can read more about it here.

Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool.png

Last edited by Jayro,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
New darker theme I finished up tonight:

Main Menu.png

Also adding in NeoSmart's Easy Recovery Essentials recovery discs, as alternatives to Microsoft's recovery discs (which will still be present) seen here:

Windows Recovery.png

I have removed the 32-bit versions. Everyone running Windows 8 should be on 8.1 by now, so only the 8.1 ISO is listed for Windows 8. Also, as an added bonus, I've added Intel and AMD USB 3.0 drivers to the Windows 7 recovery disc (via NTLite). So that should help alleviate some boot errors from USB 3.0 sticks.

More to come later in the week. Shifting to Beta builds by September hopefully.

Reactions: Seriel

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New darker theme I finished up tonight:

View attachment 59723

Also adding in NeoSmart's Easy Recovery Essentials recovery discs, as alternatives to Microsoft's recovery discs (which will still be present) seen here:

View attachment 59726

I have removed the 32-bit versions. Everyone running Windows 8 should be on 8.1 by now, so only the 8.1 ISO is listed for Windows 8. Also, as an added bonus, I've added Intel and AMD USB 3.0 drivers to the Windows 7 recovery disc (via NTLite). So that should help alleviate some boot errors from USB 3.0 sticks.

More to come later in the week. Shifting to Beta builds by September hopefully.
Wheeee time to update my dedicated MediCat USB stick~
Nice work! :D

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh noes I misread.
Ah well, i'll wait til October :3
My upload speeds are just 1.5MB (Mega-BYTES) up, so uploading a 6GB ISO image is a pain, and takes several hours... Otherwise I'd release nightly builds every few days or so. :P

Reactions: Seriel

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say, Medicat has bailed me out quite a few times in the past, working in the tech industry. @Jayro is the man! All hail jayro :P.

In all seriousness, I love what you're doing, but if you haven't already, you should set up some sort of donation page for this. You're putting a lot of hardwork into this, and I love that its free, but for those of us who would like to throw some money your way for your efforts, we should have that option! Keep up the good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo