Official MediCat USB - A Multiboot Linux USB for PC Repair

• Thread starter Jayro
  • Start date
  • Views 8,347,272
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278
D

Deleted User

Secure boot essentially uses certificates to check if what it's running is the correct OS (shitty way to detect if it's not Windows)

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to update the hashes.txt file and the info spoilers on page 1, they now have the correct hashes for the newly-updated ISO images, as well as the 64-bit Mini Windows 10. Also added a sreenshot for the 64-bit desktop.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone acknowledged the fact that Windows Defender is cancer? It detects a file in MediCat as a virus.

HackTool:Win32/Wirekeyview

The following error occurred: Error code 0x80508023. The program could not find the malware and other potentially unwanted software on this computer.

Category: Tool

Description: This program has potentially unwanted behavior.

Recommended action: Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher.

Items:
containerfile:C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\File System\007\p\00\00000000
file:C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\File System\007\p\00\00000000->MediCat DVD/medicat.10.23.2015.iso->PortableApps\Wireless Key View\WirelessKeyView.exe
file:C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\File System\007\p\00\00000000->MediCat DVD/Win10PEx86.iso->\PortableApps\Wireless Key View\WirelessKeyView.exe

Last edited by pastaconsumer,
Reactions: Jayro and osirisjem

osirisjem

I miss the Wii remotes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone acknowledged the fact that Windows Defender is cancer? It detects a file in MediCat as a virus.
upload_2015-11-24_18-46-23.png

I got it too

gamerboy1995

Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Notice it says "HackTool" not virus. It's telling you that it thinks those two programs are used for hacking. For most people, that means that if it's on their PC that something is wrong.
I don't know what "Wirekeyview" is but I would guess it's something for recovering forgotten passwords, or (as it probably would be to most people) something people use to steal the passwords off of your computer, so most people probably don't want it there and it's fair for Windows Defender to alert you about it.
AutoKMS is only going to set off Windows Defender because it's a tool often used to illegally activate Windows without paying for it. Obviously Microsoft isn't about to tell people that they can get Windows for free, so of course they're going to mark that as a hacking tool too.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Wirekeyview is a tool made by Nirsoft to look up any passworded Wi-Fi networks you have typed in and saved on your Windows installation, either locally, or on an offline installation. The AutoKMS is obviously an activation tool for Windows. I promise there isn't anything malicious, spammy, viral, or otherwise auto-destructive in any of my ISO builds.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Notice it says "HackTool" not virus. It's telling you that it thinks those two programs are used for hacking. For most people, that means that if it's on their PC that something is wrong.
I don't know what "Wirekeyview" is but I would guess it's something for recovering forgotten passwords, or (as it probably would be to most people) something people use to steal the passwords off of your computer, so most people probably don't want it there and it's fair for Windows Defender to alert you about it.
AutoKMS is only going to set off Windows Defender because it's a tool often used to illegally activate Windows without paying for it. Obviously Microsoft isn't about to tell people that they can get Windows for free, so of course they're going to mark that as a hacking tool too.
I'm just saying fuck Windows Defender's autistic definitions, because it calls a shitload of things a virus/trojen/hacktool even when they are not.

Reactions: Jayro

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I have an old laptop with windows xp. Will this help me reset the password? I don't wanna delete the stuff, I want to see whats on it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an old laptop with windows xp. Will this help me reset the password? I don't wanna delete the stuff, I want to see whats on it.
Yes. Just grab Mini Windows 10 (either version) and when it loads up, there's a desktop icon labeled "Reset User Passwords". It will do exactly what you need it to. :)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Oooh, I just found this thread.

What does the floppy version look like? What can it do? I have re-read the first post at least trice (3 times), and I still can't find more info about the PhD version.

Because I'm booting with a floppy disk, because the MBR in my bootdrive always corrupts itself, so I have to boot from floppy (also, I can ONLY boot from floppy, so that's why I'm intrested in the floppy version :P)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Oooh, I just found this thread.

What does the floppy version look like? What can it do? I have re-read the first post at least trice (3 times), and I still can't find more info about the PhD version.

Because I'm booting with a floppy disk, because the MBR in my bootdrive always corrupts itself, so I have to boot from floppy (also, I can ONLY boot from floppy, so that's why I'm intrested in the floppy version :P)
The Floppy version is just a few utilities in a FreeDOS menu. There's actually a screenshot of it in the first post, if you'd like to see it. (Grey background, red text)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The Floppy version is just a few utilities in a FreeDOS menu. There's actually a screenshot of it in the first post, if you'd like to see it. (Grey background, red text)

Ohh, okay. I'll try it out ,my MBR is so corrupted I have nothing to lose :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo