Suggestion Medals should be earned for likes, not posts.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Doing this would promote "quality over quantity" more.
It could also come with a like counter under the message counter on the "mini-profiles" next to posts.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I still stand by my experience level suggestion :creep:

Likes are meaningless, 90% of my likes are from the EoF, for stuff completely unrelated to the forum. Someone looking at my profile could get an entirely false impression that I'm useful around here, when all I do is post funny pics.

Reactions: daxtsu and VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever I see someone with lots of likes I instantly know they are shit poster not a quality poster lol
I am so sorry :( Shitposting is my only will to live.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Likes are meaningless, 90% of my likes are from the EoF, for stuff completely unrelated to the forum. Someone looking at my profile could get an entirely false impression that I'm useful around here, when all I do is post funny pics.

I mean, laughter is a strong medicine.. :P

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Not to mention the shit ton of likes mods get for shutting down shit posters.

But yeah, most of mine are from eof or flame wars. I'd say the majority of them are posts that are now deleted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No wait, I got it. Medals should be for the number of followers you have.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how medals are calculated, amount of posts, likes or medals =/= quality posts. Medals for followers aren't a good idea either. There are many ppl that have threads which I follow, but I've never or rarely have hit follow on someone's profile.

Reactions: WeedZ

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
like my comment to prove something...
ok i was hopping a flood of likes, (was hoping about 10-20 likes) but the point is.. likes are mostly earned through shitpost, or comedic replies.. sure, a very helpfull reply or constructive post also earns likes but you can do it quickly with shitposting

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is why I suggested being able to give two kinds of likes - useful likes and funny likes. Shitposters would only get funny likes. Useful likes would be a good indicator of someone's helpfulness.
I would actually be interested in seeing how a system like that could work. Although currently it seems like it would be rather hard to introduce such a system without completely nuking the entire "Like" system and starting from scratch.
I guess they could add a system at the start that simply separates "Likes" from the EOF from the rest of the forums. Giving a solid base from there without completely nuking everyone's Likes.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-