Suggestion Treat Likes/Messages from the Politics section as EOF ones (No XP from them)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This might sound a bit entitled, but I want to share my thoughts on this.

I'd like to suggest that the likes/reactions, messages in the politics section to be treated like those with EOF posts.
Meaning that likes/reactions and messages in the Politics section should not count towards the XP system nor the levels system for the site.

Here's my reasoning:
There has been a noticeable increase of politics-related threads being created each day, even for the slightest of politics news or the usual topics that are meant to cause controversy.
With these topics in particular, there's a notable influx of the usual people from both sides throwing personal beliefs at each other.

I don't want to make this long, but to sum it up, they're nothing more than echo chambers for both sides of the spectrum to spam the like system between each other, and the fact that this happens with each new message each one of them posts doesn't help. So basically, not only are those topics made to create controversy to spam messages, but also to spam likes between both sides of the political spectrum.

Again, I don't want to sound harsh, or entitled, that is not my intention.

The point is that the XP system should incentivize members to create content that helps the site and its main purpose - gaming.
Be it with helpful tutorials, gaming news, helping members with doubts or setups, sharing files, saves, etc., and with those kind of sections adding up to the XP, it doesn't really create that incentive for others to participate in this matter.

Hope this isn't taken in a bad way, but I do hope this gets considered.
Thanks for those that took the time to read it.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anecdotal but I don't believe I've ever taken a user's XP into account when deciding if that person's opinion, resource, or advice is valid to begin with. I won't click a sus link from an account that was made in the last week maybe but that's about it. In fact, that kind of bias is why I take chagrin with like/XP systems on forums to begin with. It gets to peoples heads no doubt.
The only time I've taken anyone's XP into account is when they're Level 1, and even then I can just look at the public account creation date by hovering over. Even THEN it's because they were posting in a controversial thread and looked like an alt, but that's all besides the point. People care too much about EXP and I think the whole system should have less e-peen to it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For real. We are now at a stage on this forum where people are getting pressed about people who agree or disagree with each other. Guys. It's a fucking FORUM. You do that on them.
Except that's not the case? Taking away XP isn't taking away a person's ability to post. Talking about getting pressed.. You're acting like this is the thread calling to remove the section entirely. When it's just removing the ability to earn XP for posting and partaking in a forum that adds nothing of value. Just like the EOF. Either remove XP from the former, or give XP to the latter. Reading comprehension must be hard for some of you...

Last edited by Kioku,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s