Hacking Maybe their could be a exploit through download play

FPU4eva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imagine just wifi or bluetooth connecting to ur comuter and ur 3ds seeing all the files would it it be possible? it seems like somewhere to start for a hack

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSonic2 said:
Not sure but I do believe the DS series uses Infrared to connect via Download Play. Also I believe, the files are most likely encrypted so it wouldn't be as easy as connecting to the DS and viewing them.
Erm... no... They used a special variation of local WiFi to run, using near-standard WiFi hardware.

D

Deleted-236924

Not possible at the moment, there's RSA protection on Download Play to make sure only licensed code can be run.

FPU4eva

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw im not a hacker anymore the days of 100k botnets and ddos bill oreilly are long gone, but it could be a exploit no one needs to be an ass

D

Deleted_171835

FPU4eva said:
btw im not a hacker anymore the days of 100k botnets and ddos bill oreilly are long gone, but it could be a exploit no one needs to be an ass
1. More of a script kiddie than a hacker if all you did was launch DDOS attacks
2. Nobody is being an "ass".
3. We've had thousands of these threads and they haven't amounted to anything. You should have posted this here.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
FPU4eva said:
Search before bringing it up then.
This was a topic 2 weeks ago.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
FPU4eva said:

DDoSing is more of a skiddie attack than "hacking", also wasn't that last year?

Anyway in answer to your original question, no. If you mean DS download play then that's in DS mode, even if there was by some miracle chance that we could "hack" it through this way, it'd only be in DS mode.

I have no idea if there's a 3DS download play (I think there is for SSFIV) but still, no. There is no client on the 3DS nor a way of associating a computer to it.

Also next time:

http://gbatemp.net/t286139-3ds-hacking-theory-thread?

It just helps organizes things better and if someone wants to put the theories into practice, they can.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
It's funny when a complete noob tries to sound like a hacker pro. If you want the 3DS to be hacked, go away and come back in a few months and leave it to people who actually know what they're doing. You think that people who fully understand all the hardware and ios wouldn't have thought of exploiting something that's on the main menu when you boot up the console without your profound help?

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo, op

i realize you're just trying to be helpful, but you've got to understand nothing you say is ever going to be useful to the people who actually know what they're talking about. they've already long since looked at everything you're going to suggest, because it's their focus, and they've looked at it from every angle.

i'm sure you think you've got some great ideas, but the fact of the matter is you really don't know anything about hacking at all, so you're not going to be breaking any ground whatsoever

i know you think you're a hacker because you can follow an instructions list to fire up LOIC, but it's like calling yourself a chef just because you can follow the instructions on the back of the box. real hackers create the tools that people like you use, just like real chefs devise the recipes everyone else uses through experimentation.

i was like this too until i learned to just sit back, shut up, and let the big kids do the talking. you'll see a few stupid posts of mine arguing about the same "i was just giving ideas" idiocy. you just gotta realize that the people who know what they're doing are looking in far less obvious places, because nintendo's already looked in all the obvious ones and stopped them from working.

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
jceggbert5 said:
ShadowSonic2 said:
Not sure but I do believe the DS series uses Infrared to connect via Download Play. Also I believe, the files are most likely encrypted so it wouldn't be as easy as connecting to the DS and viewing them.
Erm... no... They used a special variation of local WiFi to run, using near-standard WiFi hardware.

Thanks for the info.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Antoids said:
i was like this too until i learned to just sit back, shut up, and let the big kids do the talking. you'll see a few stupid posts of mine arguing about the same "i was just giving ideas" idiocy. you just gotta realize that the people who know what they're doing are looking in far less obvious places, because nintendo's already looked in all the obvious ones and stopped them from working.
QFT

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
We need a sticky that says "If your idea is something along the lines of you connect it to this and then a magical exploit happens, don't post."
or we just need less 12 year olds like op posting.

"MY DAYS OF HACKING BILL ORIELLY BY DOWNLOADING A PROGRAM AND LAUNCHING IT WITH OTHER PEOPLE ON 4CHAN ARE LONG GONE. BUT IF I WAS STILL A HACKER AND THE 3DS WAS OUT BACK THEN I WOULD HAVE SINGLE HANDILY FLASHED AND CUSTOM FIRMWARED IT IN NO TIME! TO BAD THOSE DAYS FOR ME ARE OVER OR WE WOULD ALL BE PLAYING BACK UPS RIGHT NOW"

damn op i wish you were still a hacker I really want to dsdownload play my way to every 3ds game ever :/

Posts merged

QUOTE(FPU4eva @ Apr 22 2011, 05:51 AM) imagine just wifi or bluetooth connecting to ur comuter and ur 3ds seeing all the files would it it be possible? it seems like somewhere to start for a hack
also what the fuck is a comuter

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Is really that serious to the point of this treatment from posters?
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it