Hardware Max Operating Temperature Of Radeon HD 7000 Series?

Dradynosagequa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason, this information seem rather difficult to acquire. There's not even an exact figure on AMD's product page. Does anyone have any information on this? Or even any personal experience about that these cards can take in terms of temperatures.

My card is a Radeon HD 7790 btw. Factory OCed. The card runs great so far, but coming from an Nvidia card, I'm not sure what temps to look for.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a 7610m, which, after testing (don't ask why), shut itself down upoin reaching 100 degrees Celsius. Since that's a laptop GPU, yours should be able to withstand even bigger temps than that one. But, as Dinoh said, try to keep it below 70.

aiat_gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Why do people keep obsessing about this? Just leave it be, if the temperature goes to dangerous levels you would know (Your pc would shut down) and then you can worry about it!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep obsessing about this? Just leave it be, if the temperature goes to dangerous levels you would know (Your pc would shut down) and then you can worry about it!
If you overclock, you would care about temperature. One to make sure not to overheat, and two to keep voltage bumping as low as possible. By keeping temperature low, you can use less voltage bump while overclock, which in turn reduce the rate of electromigration. Faster the rate of electromigration, shorter the lifespan your CPU/GPU has.

I had a 7610m, which, after testing (don't ask why), shut itself down upoin reaching 100 degrees Celsius. Since that's a laptop GPU, yours should be able to withstand even bigger temps than that one. But, as Dinoh said, try to keep it below 70.
Actually I'd be very worry at 100C. No way any consumer chip can withstand 100C. 90C is really the max before chip starts to suffer permanent damage.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

whats the maximum temperature for amd radeon hd 7470 ?

This Card is a "re-branded" HD6450 (Caicos Core) and should normally work within 45 - 70° (under Load and depending on the Environment).
It "can" go up to 80 - 90° (because some Cards have really poor Cooling Solution) but that should be avoided.:)

Thank you.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's great if you have something anyone else wants, otherwise it's annoying and potentially bad...