Hacking Matrix Glitcher V3 (clone) - Console not turning on?

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there, I recently bought a batch of Matrix V3s and soldered the first one into a Late Falcon today.
JRunner said the XSVF was programmed correctly to the chip - but the console just won't turn on (read as: Not not glitching but doing NOTHING when pressing the power/eject button) - BUT this is only the case if the cable going from the HANA to solder point F is connected.

I couldn't find any installation diagrams regarding this clone, so I assumed the diagram for the original V1 is still valid for this one.

Of course the xbox still boots fine when I detach the MTX and flash the stock nand back.

So, does anybody have an idea what's happening here?

Picture of mad soldering behind the spoiler:
aAoBEb6r.jpg

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Either you destroyed the chip with the timings
Shouldn't really be applicable, the chip can be erased and rewritten with a fpga jtag writer just fine, all the other components check out fine too when measured.
The chips themselves, or to be more specific the fact that they're clones shouldn't matter too, since I bought them off a colleague who'd been modding xboxes with those chips just fine.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my IPhone, so I can't see too clearly in your pic. But it appears you're wired up for rgh 1.2, and there's a few things I see wrong here tbh. First, I'd suggest avoiding QSBs because they're tough to fix a screw up if it happens. I prefer wires only installs. Second, I think you have CLK wired up, but the MTX onboard CLK isn't disabled. It's the big metallic rectangle on the bottom right and you have to remove one of the resistors next to it(not sure which one). Team x360 forums should have most of the info you need. Check them out.

Last edited by brickmii82,
Reactions: darkangel5000

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On my IPhone, so I can't see too clearly in your pic. But it appears you're wired up for rgh 1.2, and there's a few things I see wrong here tbh. First, I'd suggest avoiding QSBs because they're tough to fix a screw up if it happens. I prefer wires only installs. Second, I think you have CLK wired up, but the MTX onboard CLK isn't disabled. It's the big metallic rectangle on the bottom right and you have to remove one of the resistors next to it(not sure which one). Team x360 forums should have most of the info you need. Check them out.
Thanks, but I've got it up and running for a few hours now. I've did some more research and found out what you just said - the 0 Ohm-resistor had to be removed, since the xtal seems to be only for Slims.

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've got it up and running for a few hours now. I've did some more research and found out what you just said - the 0 Ohm-resistor had to be removed, since the xtal seems to be only for Slims.
The onboard CLK was added mainly for Corona version mobo's. They have no HANA CLK point. MS removed it. You can sometimes skip wiring up CLK on Trinity and Phat mobo's because of the chip's onboard CLK, but I've always had better boot times and more consistent glitch overall by just using HANA CLK.
On a side note, I don't know what kind of boards you're going to be working with but I'll give you a few other suggestions if you'll be doing slims. First, those MTX chips should be great for Trinity boards if you disable CLK again and use the 50cm of wire wrapped around the Xclamp. Just use the regular Trinity XSVF in JRunner that you'd use for a CoolRunner. Second, I'd actually get an Ace V3 chip for Corona boards, along with a Postfix Adaptor. They come preprogrammed for Corona's and are easy to install. Keeping a PF adaptor available is just a way I like doing things. If I get an install job, I hate telling customers that I have to wait for a 5$ part to get here to finish the console. If you get an E model slim, you won't be able to mod it. MS took POST out off by burning an e-fuse in the xcgpu.

Reactions: Ryccardo

darkangel5000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The onboard CLK was added mainly for Corona version mobo's. They have no HANA CLK point. MS removed it. You can sometimes skip wiring up CLK on Trinity and Phat mobo's because of the chip's onboard CLK, but I've always had better boot times and more consistent glitch overall by just using HANA CLK.
On a side note, I don't know what kind of boards you're going to be working with but I'll give you a few other suggestions if you'll be doing slims. First, those MTX chips should be great for Trinity boards if you disable CLK again and use the 50cm of wire wrapped around the Xclamp. Just use the regular Trinity XSVF in JRunner that you'd use for a CoolRunner. Second, I'd actually get an Ace V3 chip for Corona boards, along with a Postfix Adaptor. They come preprogrammed for Corona's and are easy to install. Keeping a PF adaptor available is just a way I like doing things. If I get an install job, I hate telling customers that I have to wait for a 5$ part to get here to finish the console. If you get an E model slim, you won't be able to mod it. MS took POST out off by burning an e-fuse in the xcgpu.
Thanks pal, especially for the part about the different hw revisions. I always wondered if I could get an Xbox E and mod it, since it's imho the sleekest looking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30