taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
At another address a man in his late 20s living with his grandmother was also found to possess a 'chipping line'.
Heh.

"Thousands of chips were found as well as blank media, duplicating systems and piles of consoles waiting to be chipped."

My kitchen is full of knives and my bank full of money (ok maybe not that full), guess I must have stabbed an old lady and stole here wallet on my way to buy some meth. Unrelated to this I will share my favourite occurrence once touted, US RIAA/MPAA (unsure which) goons go into someones house and come out with the "equivalent" of X number of drives, it turned out that they count fast drives as 2 drives.
Opened Wii consoles, soldering tools on, mod chips ready to be installed...

If they also found pirated games on a couple (erm, hundreds) of dvd's, ouch.

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Man. I can't believe it. Who would put up blue blinds in a little shack like that? It looks hideous!

rofl2.gif

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm worried about who this other raid was on... I know another store closely related to CheapMod who my site has a partnership with... I hope he hasn't got raided too... But his website doesn't sell modchips, just flashcarts.

- Sam

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a bit disappointed that the target was Cheapmod. I ordered twice from them and they were awesome and quick. Nice to know they're still selling the DS carts but I suppose I'll have to go somewhere else for a wii chip when I get a Wii console eventually

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see it being really hard to catch the chinese mod chip manufactures. They'll probably be able to move premises in less than 10 minutes
laugh.gif

yeah! just like those sex shops with preteen girls in asia. I saw it happen. The newsman went into the sex store, then said he was going to come back the next day. The next day comes and the place is empty.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can see it being really hard to catch the chinese mod chip manufactures. They'll probably be able to move premises in less than 10 minutes
laugh.gif

yeah! just like those sex shops with preteen girls in asia. I saw it happen. The newsman went into the sex store, then said he was going to come back the next day. The next day comes and the place is empty.
Happened to me (not the sex shop bit. Just have to clear that up). I went to a shop that sold copied games. You write a reference type number on a paper. Wait 10 minutes and walk back in and collect it. Unfortunately I walked into an arcade to pass the time and noticed it was 15 minutes. So when I went back in, EVERY SHOP was closed within 15 minutes. I lost HK$100 and that was the point where I decided to get into torrenting

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're in the business you gotta stay clean and cover your tracks.

It's not really much of a loss for our community but i kinda feel sorry for the guy.

On the other hand, much lol-worthy material is in this thread!!!
rofl2.gif

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Dave McLuckie Cabinet Member for Community Protection said: “I am absolutely delighted that the hard work across the agencies has produced such excellent results. People should be aware that by buying pirated equipment they are buying something that is unlikely to be of good quality an ultimately leads to a complete waste of their money.”

rofl2.gif
Sounds like someone bought a DS-Xtreme.

djgarf

I Am A Raver
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
wot a waste of time and resources!!
their are much more important things the old bill could be doing with their time like catching nonces and rapists but no they go after modchip sellers
the uk is one fucked up country that has been goin to shit for the past 10 yrs

silentwol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of these guys were selling pirated games. They deserve to go to jail.

Downloading games is one thing, selling them for profit is another.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Dave McLuckie Cabinet Member for Community Protection said: “I am absolutely delighted that the hard work across the agencies has produced such excellent results. People should be aware that by buying pirated equipment they are buying something that is unlikely to be of good quality an ultimately leads to a complete waste of their money.”
Sounds like someone bought a DS-Xtreme.

rofl2.gif

- Sam

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wot a waste of time and resources!!
their are much more important things the old bill could be doing with their time like catching nonces and rapists but no they go after modchip sellers
the uk is one fucked up country that has been goin to shit for the past 10 yrs

All they want in the UK is to catch the easy criminals. It makes the crime statistics look a lot better.

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But the scary thing is.... If you have ordered from cheapmod then they will no doubt have your address details somewhere for their own records. Think about it. Your order gets lost in the post, They wont contact you for your address again. THEY have your details, THE trading standards now have their computers and also all the data on them! Modchips are illegal in the UK so all cheapmod customers have a genuine reason to be worried right now
huh.gif

UncleChuckle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
“I am absolutely delighted that the hard work across the agencies has produced such excellent results."

Translation: I am enjoying suckling at the corporate teat, whoring law enforcement and arranging the arrests and prosecution of people who pose absolutely no threat to society while diverting funding from investigations into real crimes and wasting the resources of the British people who are actually at risk from some of the individuals this diversion of resources has allowed to run free.

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
But the scary thing is.... If you have ordered from cheapmod then they will no doubt have your address details somewhere for their own records. Think about it. Your order gets lost in the post, They wont contact you for your address again. THEY have your details, THE trading standards now have their computers and also all the data on them! Modchips are illegal in the UK so all cheapmod customers have a genuine reason to be worried right nowÂ
huh.gif

I don't think the feds are going to waste time and resources on capturing Cheapmod customers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp