mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohhhh... next years big game for me (up to now), despite Mass Effect 3 STILL leaving a bit of a bad taste in my mouth!
Doesn't really show much though does it :lol: - plenty time for that next year though!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hard to put into words how much the end of Mass Effect 3 bothered me. 15 minutes that put me off the series.

Still going to be all over a sequel, mentally ignoring the end of the 3rd game.

Reactions: mightymuffy

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hard to put into words how much the end of Mass Effect 3 bothered me. 15 minutes that put me off the series.

Still going to be all over a sequel, mentally ignoring the end of the 3rd game.
Things 'improved' with the fixes/new extra ending, and all the extras they've added since, turning it into a (merely) great game, and being a Mass Effect fan from the start, was the ending EVER going to be good enough? Think they bit off a bit more than they could chew there.... But yes, introducing the real 'big bad' right at the end of the third game is a schoolboy error, and that's just for starters - I could be here all day with it! Aside from the end though, and the fact that MY Shepherd arguably wouldn't have fled Earth in the first place, it was still a great game! I'd have loved a remake of the trilogy with the fight scenes of ME3 ported over to 1 & 2 (but then that would probably make the 3rd game look even worse as a result :lol: )

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
That fact that they've still not showing anything substantial (like gameplay) worries me - again today just a few artworks but nothing special.
The teaser did nothing for me either considering 9/10ths of it was Nasa footage.

meh

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That fact that they've still not showing anything substantial (like gameplay) worries me - again today just a few artworks but nothing special.
The teaser did nothing for me either considering 9/10ths of it was Nasa footage.

meh
The game still at least a year away, not including the inevitable delays that big name developers seem to be so fond of nowadays. If they release gameplay footage now, people will scream that it's poor, clunky, whatever. If they don't, people will scream "They're not showing anything! It must be poor, clunky, whatever!" There's a reason why it's called a "teaser trailer." You're not supposed to get the full package.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The game still at least a year away, not including the inevitable delays that big name developers seem to be so fond of nowadays. If they release gameplay footage now, people will scream that it's poor, clunky, whatever. If they don't, people will scream "They're not showing anything! It must be poor, clunky, whatever!" There's a reason why it's called a "teaser trailer." You're not supposed to get the full package.

Sorry, we already had the teaser at E3.
I wouldn't call this a teaser because it told me nothing of Mass Effect 'Andromeda', and why was 'Commander Shepard' brought back to narrate it like the closing of Alien 'This is Ripley --- signing off.' For me it fell flat.
2 of the 4 concept arts we did see today had already been shown last year and at E3, and I'm certainly NOT interested in looking at an image of some developer playing the game accompanied by these weird quotes. We heard that all on N7 Day 2014.

meh (again) :P

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel the need to comment, yet i am at a lost for the words that i want to express.

I'm just confused over the general hatred that has been expressed in the comments to this thread. It almost feels spiteful. The game is 1 year away but people are expecting a playable alpha? even gameplay? Yet others are angry over a trilogy's ending because it did not satisfy THEIR needs for the ending of the game.

want want want gimme gimme gimme =|.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still need to complete Mass effect 1 ....
there will be too many games I want in 2016, I'll never have enough time.

it looks like this one is a prequel ? leaving earth ?
or a sequel, but that would spoil me if it's Shepard's kid.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still need to complete Mass effect 1 ....
there will be too many games I want in 2016, I'll never have enough time.

it looks like this one is a prequel ? leaving earth ?
or a sequel, but that would spoil me if it's Shepard's kid.
It takes place long after the first three, but it's not actually a direct sequel. Different characters, different story, etc. Just same timeline. That's why it's called ME: Andromeda and not ME4.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps