Gaming Mario Party for Switch?

Would you be interested in Mario Party for Nintendo Switch?

• Total voters

nightking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone hoping a Mario Party for Nintendo Switch?

The joycons accelerometer, HD rumble and gyroscope can be fully utilized. Multiplayer out in the park, at your friends house or during lunch break.

What say you?

Reactions: Kioku

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if they drop the all in the same damn car mechanic and the finished map thing mechanic and go back to buying stars then sure, why cant they make mario party games like they used too? 1-7 were great no idea why they went with the damn car mechanic, that no one likes since 8 and havent dropped the damn thing.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: Quantumcat

PhantomChu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MP10 was not my favorite entry in the series but if they can fix some of the mechanics like adding an option to play together or separately I would be very interested. I loved the franchise growing up and still play MP1-8 with friends and family. I think the Switch would be a lovely system to play MP on.

Reactions: Eurasiam

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
MP10 was not my favorite entry in the series but if they can fix some of the mechanics like adding an option to play together or separately I would be very interested. I loved the franchise growing up and still play MP1-8 with friends and family. I think the Switch would be a lovely system to play MP on.
I'm OK with it s long as the next Mario Party game for Switch isn't a sequel to Mario Party 10 in terms of gameplay, graphics, soundtrack and stuff. I want it to be more like something like Mario Party: Island Tour or Mario Party 9.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It will come. By the time they announce it everyone will be crying "NO! NOT AGAIN NO PLEASE PREVENT ME FROM BUYING THIS GAME!" And then everyone goes and buys it. I really hope they will drop the AWFUL boards, and focus just on the multiplayer mini games. That should be the core of the game. Not some random dice rolling crap where you randomly receive or lose points ("Stars"), making it extremely arbitrary who actually wins. -_-.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
if they drop the all in the same damn car mechanic and the finished map thing mechanic and go back to buying stars then sure, why cant they make mario party games like they used too? 1-7 were great no idea why they went with the damn car mechanic, that no one likes since 8 and havent dropped the damn thing.
The developers answers are because they didn't like how in the time that's not a player's turn, they weren't that involved with the game and what their friends were doing.

Personally, I don't mind the way it is in the older games. It's a nice break after chaos and it's also secretly gratifying to do something to your friend without them noticing right away and suddenly they flare up and start pointing fingers.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk where I heard it but I remember hearing that the real reason why they dont do turn based, buy stars mechanic anymore after mario party 8 is because in 2012 hudson soft ceased to exist and they are no longer able to use that formula since hudson was the creator and has the rights to that specific formula so nintendo is legally unable to use it since hudson soft is no longer a company or something dont quote me on that

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Idk where I heard it but I remember hearing that the real reason why they dont do turn based, buy stars mechanic anymore after mario party 8 is because in 2012 hudson soft ceased to exist and they are no longer able to use that formula since hudson was the creator and has the rights to that specific formula so nintendo is legally unable to use it since hudson soft is no longer a company or something dont quote me on that
I did read something like that about Hudson's death part of the reason they changed formula, BUT, I don't think it was because Hudson owns something that Ninty can't do, considering MP8 exist which is pretty similar with the others.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind the car mechanic be back, I always found them better since it's more fair to the players on Multiplayer and gives a better chance to not so experienced players. I grew bored of beating every person I played with on the older Mario Parties (as they are pretty much unfair with less skilled players and they have to depend on luck and dice). I would love a middle ground of both though.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get rid of the car / group vehicle and bring back the traditional "one player controls their own movement". Make it an homage to Mario Party 2, 3, or 5 and you can have my wallet.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUT, I don't think it was because Hudson owns something that Ninty can't do, considering MP8 exist which is pretty similar with the others.
Mario party 8 was developed by hudson soft and released in 2007, hudson soft disbanded in 2012. Mario party 9 and later were not developed by hudson soft and did not have the original formula in them

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Mario party 8 was developed by hudson soft and released in 2007, hudson soft disbanded in 2012. Mario party 9 and later were not developed by hudson soft and did not have the original formula in them
After a quick search, yeah, Hudson did develop MP8, my bad. There's Island Tour though, maybe Hudson owns the turn based game with minigames after each round format I guess? Though I dunno, I don't think companies can own specific game formats... right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year