Using a mouse as a pointer?

DWK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Does a driver happen to already exist that lets you use your mouse in a manner which the Switch interprets as gyroscopic feedback from the JoyCon as a pointing device? Some kind of homebrew middle-ware like how sys-con maps third-party wired controllers to Pro controllers? I wanna play 7 Billion Humans on the big screen but my hands shake too much for the JoyCon and playing on the tiny Switch screen doesn't help for the same reasons.

If not, well, I've got some programming experience under my belt, but I've never written a hardware driver for a HID. Never done anything in hardware, come to think of it. Obviously there is a universal mouse protocol out there, which makes it all the odder to me that Nintendo didn't just put it in—or, more likely, Nintendo deliberately removed it. I was hoping it really would be as simple as plugging in a mouse, that all the gyroscope inputs were being converted at the chip and sent on to the Switch as mouse inputs, but I guess not?

Any thoughts on where I should start? I like getting some human feedback before I start trying to parse through endless stack* fora and torrents of technical textbook PDFs years out-of-date. Much obliged to anyone who can chip in—Thanks!

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Were you able to make any progress on this? My hands also shake pretty badly so any motion control games (Captain Toad I'm looking at you) are just out of the question

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol